5 replies to this topic

#1 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:58 AM

Hello all you Brits - are you dug out yet?
I hope everyone is safe and warm. I've been watching vids on YouTube of the snow coming down.
It's snowing here as well - I have to go out soon and shovel but we don't have near the amount you guys have.

Stay safe... be well.

Katita

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 04:09 PM

Yesterday was pretty bad! I needed to go out to the Bank only to find that only four people had turned up. It was tricky walking there and once I returned home, stayed indoors. Today when I woke up the sun was shining and I thought I would go to either Hyde Park or Regents Park to take some photographs.
Have taken a few but they were not very good. I think Regents Park would have been a better proposition. Now the snow is thawing out but Thursday is predicted as being another bad day. Either way, it is something we do not often see in London.

#3 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:13 PM

It's still snowing here - my husband and I are going out in about an hour to start removing this last load. blink.gif

Glad you're all okay.

I don't know how to insert pics in here either. I wish we had the Members Photos back.

Sigh...the good old days...

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:33 PM

sad.gif Yes, the good old days Katita!

sad.gif

#5 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

Hi Jacky and Katita..... laugh.gif

We are not so bad here in the midlands. The roads have stayed open but the schools are closed. We had a lot of snow yesterday and then it melted a little, tonight it is freezing over.... ohmy.gif hard to walk anywhere.

More to come on Thursday and Friday ( thats round two ) wish that I did not live so close to work as I keep getting called in to cover for other staff that can't make it.

Jacky...Have you built that igloo in Hyde Park yet, I do believe they are very much in demand at the moment..... biggrin.gif

Roll on Summer

Margaret

#6 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

dry.gif How can you guys be SO cold and us be SO HOT !?!

Is staying cold inside better than us melting outside?

Try staying inside without heating as I have to work without airconditioning.

Losing lots of weight by sweating it out though . . . I have to say I enjoy the warmer climate better - I had one winter in England and would never live through another !

Still, have to say I'm lucky where I am - the temperature has only been scorching here for a week before cooling down a little and then building up again on alternate weeks. Unlike some other parts of australia, they are getting a battering by tropical storms in the north causing major flooding and in the south, they are being battered by fires and constant high temperatures!

I am crossing my fingers to keep safe as you never know what Mother Nature has in store. Whatever it is, it seems to hit pretty big and fast !

Take care everyone - we live in strange times.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users