2 replies to this topic

#1 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:18 PM

Hello,

Just wanted to let my friends here on the website know that my solid perfume collection survived the earthquake this past Tuesday. A few of them fell over, but luckily my cabinet didn't. A few other things fell over in my house, but nothing was damaged or broken.

The earthquake was very scary and seemed to last a long time. The shaking was unbelieveable and got more intense. I only live about 20 miles from where the quake originated.

You can all have a good laugh because when the quake happened I had just gotten out of the shower, so was naked and panicked even more because I wasn't dressed.

Don't know if any other solid perfume collectors experienced the earthquake or had any damage.

Regards,
Ione

#2 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 11:56 PM

I'm so glad you and your solids survived the earthquake. I saw some video of it on TV and I can't imagine how you must feel actually living through one. I saw something interesting that might be an idea for your cabinet. Some fellow has a company where he sells products to help you and your home manage if an earthquake hits. What interested me was this thing that was screwed into the wall with a strap attached to it. The other end of the strap attaches to the back of your curio cabinet, the idea being that there is some slack to maybe let the cabinet move forward an inch or so, but not fall over and land on the floor. I thought it was a great idea, even for people not in earthquake zones, but for people with inqusitive toddlers. Have you been in any other earthquakes or was this your first?

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:47 PM

smile.gif Hi Ione, A bit belated, but I'm glad you AND your solids survived the earthquake we didn't even hear about ! Must have been scary . . . . and alarming if you thought you might have to be rescued naked ! laugh.gif

Have never experienced a bad quake, have only ever felt a little shake/shudder from a quake that was about 200kms away (in Newcastle).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users