24 replies to this topic

#16 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 July 2008 - 11:10 AM

Hi Katita...... smile.gif

Sorry no pic's, I left my camera in the hotel room and had to use hubbies old fashioned one..... ohmy.gif

Hi Jacky...... smile.gif

Yes we sure brought the sun home with us, I never thought I would say this but I'm a little fed up with it......it was about 107deg in Vegas every day..... cool.gif just a tad warm for my liking.

Margaret

#17 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 09:40 AM

Thanks for the report, Margaret. I usually don't like the way the historical buildings are made but my SA at Neiman Marcus said she has so many orders for the Cathedral that she probably can't fill them all. I wasn't impressed by the photo of it but of course I got swept away by her comments and got put on the list for one. If I get it and don't like it... it can always be returned (my shopping motto!). The exchange rate is bad for us but I may get the Harrods solids anyway because they seldom appear on ebay. I also like the candy cane and lollipop and may break my rule not to buy the general distribution solids. This looks like a promising year after all.
Ar

#18 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

Hello Ar...... smile.gif

Let me know what you think of the Cathedral when you get it. I have never liked the buildings solids ( only the old Harrods Palace ).

You should get the Cathedral soon as I am sure that I saw it in Neimans ( Las Vegas )

Margaret

#19 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 02:42 PM

Margaret,
Did you see the beehive in Las Vegas? If you did, what do you
think of it?
Thanks,
Joni

#20 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 04:04 PM

Hi Joni,

I saw the new Beehive ( All the Buzz ) I think they are ment to be bees on it but to me they looked more like wasps, it had a sort of cartoonish look about it. I'm sure a lot of collectors will like it......but not for me.....The little Prancing Pony was much nicer for $50 more.

Kind Regards.....Margaret

#21 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 27 July 2008 - 07:44 PM

I quite like the buildings that EL has made into solids with the exception of the Sydney Opera House. The original Palace is of course the most exquisite, but the Taj Mahal is really nice. I wasn't thrilled when I saw the picture of the Great Wall, but when I saw it at Neimans thought the picture just didn't do it justice, it's quite pretty. I'm so sorry I didn't get the Tower of London from 2006. I had just started collecting solids and only went for the Harrods Teddy that year. I learned my lesson and bought them all last year and will do so again this year. They hold their value and rarely show up on Ebay. The only place I've seen the the Harrods show up on a regular basis is Ruby Lane. I usually check there once a week to see what they have. Most of it is priced too high, but once in a while a rare one shows up. I hadn't checked there in a few months last winter, and when I did, one of the sellers had sold the 2001 Harrods Bear ( the only one I am missing ) I was so sad, would have paid whatever she was asking ( she also has layaway and you can spread payments out depending on price ) Oh well, another one will show up eventually...

#22 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 08:28 AM

Hi Connie.... smile.gif

I too check out Ruby Lane most weeks, they do get some good compacts both Estee Lauder and the older ones. They are always quiet expensive but on the whole most of them seem to be in really tip top condition.

Sorry you missed the 2001 bear ( Is'nt it the one everybody wants laugh.gif )
Its a good place to check for it as there as a few British sellers on Ruby Lane and I would think that is why the Harrods ones show up.

#23 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

Hi Margaret, smile.gif
Thanks for your opinion on All the Buzz. My SA at the Las Vegas store sent me
the photos of the new solids and I'd like to buy one of the "expensive" ones.
I've always been attracted to the Jay Strongwater solids and I see he designed the
Prancing Pony also. It's a hard decision....

Joni

#24 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

Margaret, thanks so much for all your posts on this topic. It is really appreciated. I have two questions concerning the convention:
1) Did EL give away any free solid perfume compacts in their goody/gift bag like they have done in the past? If they did, what were they this year? Maybe there wasn't a goody bag this year for attendees---yes, no??
2) Did anyone from EL mention why there is not an exclusive Las Vegas solid perfume compact for this year?

I'm just curious that's all. Thanks.

Gigi

#25 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 02:02 AM

Hi Gigi..... smile.gif

Yes we all got a goody bag. Most people like me got the Golden Soiree Powder Compact. Last year at the Rhode Island convention I was given the Sydney Opera House solid ( over the moon with that one ) Still I am always grateful for anything that is given me free. I never opened it until the event was over as I was to busy looking at the new solids and making my mind up what to buy..... dry.gif

I did ask about this years Vegas exclusive but know one seemed to know ( or if they do they are keeping very quiet about it ) I am wondering if they are bringing one out later this year, perhaps for the Christmas/ Holiday season.....we will have to wait and see.

Kind regards to you......Margaret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users