6 replies to this topic

#1 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:39 PM

Hello,

I just received my invitation to preview the Saks Fifth Avenue Fall 2008 Exclusive Compact Collection.

Solid Perfumes

$350 - Prancing Pony - Jay Strongwater - Pleasures
$300 - All The Buzz - Jay Strongwater - Beautiful

$250 - Crystal Blue Dragonfly - White Linen
$250 - Jeweled Spider - Pleasures

$300 - Ocean Liner - Pure White Linen
$200 - Saks Fifth Avenue Shopper - Beautiful

Powder Compacts

$250 - Jay Strongwater - Brillant Leaves
$250 - Crystal Herringbone
$175 - Magical Crystal

My favorites are the Ocean Liner and Saks Shopper. Saks Shopper has crystals on it, maybe a little wider than the old Saks Shopper solid.

Regards,
Ione

#2 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:02 PM

Thanks for the update Ione, I can't wait to see what the Prancing Pony look like, as the Strongwaters are my favorites!

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:06 PM

Thanks Ione for the update! Look forward to reading all about it! Enjoy! smile.gif

#4 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

I got a call from Saks that the new compacts have arrived in store.
Ar

#5 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:07 PM

Hello Everyone,

I attended the unveiling of the new solids and compacts at Saks Fifth Avenue last night.

All the solids and compacts were available to take home with you except the ocean liner which will be available for purchase in October.

I really liked the Jay Strongwater Prancing Pony, some nice detail to it and colorful.

If you like taking cruises or interested in older ocean liners like the Queen Mary and Titantic then you will like the ocean liner solid perfume.

The Jay Strongerwater powder compact is also very nice if you like collecting the powders.

The Saks shopping bag they said would only be available at their stores and that they come out with a shopping bag every 10 years. It looks good with all the crystals. I mentioned that it doesn't say Saks on it and the reply I got was because Saks has changed their paper shopping bags and it's the same design.

The other solids and powders were nice, but I think it's all an individual choice what you like and want to buy.

The Estee Lauder people said that the solids would be very limited, their store only got 18 of each, and some stores less.

I didn't care much for the two Estee Lauder account executives that did the presentations. I have attended Neiman Marcus events where the Estee Lauder executives knew much more and had better attitudes. They were just there to sell and didn't want to hear about complaints that solid perfume collectors have. I asked to talk with of them after the presentation and she never came back to talk with me.

I will not buy any of my solids from the department stores. I buy them directly from the Las Vegas store so that I can get money towards my next purchases. I think that is nicer than receiving a cosmetic bag like they gave last night at Saks when you made a purchase.

Regards,
Ione

#6 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:25 PM

I received a flyer from Las Vegas and I agree with Ione about the prancing pony. I didn't expect to be impressed, but now I believe it's a winner!
Ar

#7 pinkmoiree

pinkmoiree

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 02:08 AM

smile.gif Hi Ione - thank you very much for your interesting information about the new solids. I'm gladly looking forward to see the Ocean Liner...

Madeleine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users