• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:26 PM

Here's a link to the Harrods brochure....hope this helps.

http://www.flickr.co...N07/2871052650/

QUOTE(jardanel @ Sep 15 2008, 12:43 PM)
can you show some pictures? I had stopped collecting for a while after having acquired about 30 solids from someone who had to give up, but I was always keen on Harrods and Vegas solids.

View Post

#17 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 11:25 AM

Hi Woody,

I thought the English Rider was going to be limited to 40!!!!!!!

Oh well!

I am not overjoyed at the Harrods releases this year so will stay with the ones on your side of the ocean. Mind you they may well come up with something else......

x

#18 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 12:52 PM

Hi Jacky! Nice to see you biggrin.gif

I really do like the guard and of course, always the Harrods Teddy! My least fav is the flag...it needs something to make it stand up and be noticed. So far, I have only bought the Harrods and the Dancing Bear...can't decide what else to buy if anything....

Woody

#19 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 05:53 PM

Hi Woody..... smile.gif

Good job that we all don't have the same taste because.........I LOVE THE FLAG... tongue.gif laugh.gif But its just a little bit expensive.

Any news on a Vegas exclusive yet..... ph34r.gif

Kind regards....Margaret

#20 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:31 PM

Hi Margaret,
No news yet on a Vegas exclusive. I have three of the Harrods - I love the bridge but wish it had more bling on top, the bear is cuter than in previous years IMHO, and I agree with Woody about the flag. I think some of the U.S. ones are better designs.
Maybe I should have gotten the guard. Woody, would you have a closeup photo of it? The brochure doesn't show it in good detail.
Regards to all,
Ar

#21 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 September 2008 - 04:34 PM

HI Ar....I will try and get a pic this week...am traveling again. I think you would really like the guard.

Woody

#22 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:11 PM

I think Harrods has outdone themselves with solids this year! I am partial to the Bear and Bridge, but love them all.I agree with Woody that the flag could have used a stand, but I will make do w/clear acrylic stand I already have. Bravo Harrods, this years solids was money well spent!

#23 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

I have to agree with you Chow. This years solids were quite good. The Guard and the Bridge were my favs.

#24 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 10:39 PM

Could someone post or send me a photo of the guard?
Ar

#25 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 October 2008 - 11:55 PM

Hi Ar, there is a seller, Heart's Delight, at rubylane.com that is offering the Guard and has several pictures of it, both front and back. You should be able to find it by making a search on 'Lauder compact guard' or something like that. biggrin.gif

Karin

#26 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 06:32 PM

Thanks, Karin! I've been wanting to see what it looks like.
Ar

#27 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 15 October 2008 - 10:57 AM

I try to get the Harrod's bear every year, but haven't been too impressed with any of the solids lately. Does anyone have the 2001 rodney bear for sale? What about before 2001....does anyone know if Harrods was doing the bears prior to 2001?

#28 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 05:58 AM

Hi. I think they started doing the bears in 1998 with Teddies. I think that's the first EL Harrods Bear. I too have been searching for the 2001 bear, it's the only one I don't have. Really hard to find.

This morning I spoke with Alison at Harrods and ordered the Bear, Flag, Bridge and Guard. I already have the Rider. I haven't bought any others as they show up on Ebay so I'm sure I'll eventually have them.

Happy Diwali Everybody. (it's the Indian Festival of Lights holiday) laugh.gif

All the Best,

Katita

#29 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 02:51 PM

Hi Katita..... laugh.gif

I like Diwali as well. Its such a happy, sweet festival. Not far from where I live the Indian community string lights up in the streets and give oneanother gifts.

Regards...Margaret

#30 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:15 AM

Hi Margaret, I too learned of this holiday from my neighbors. I love all the bright colors and candles.

Wishing you the best,

Katita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users