• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hi everyone. This is a real surprise! I just received this fabulous new Harrods solid for 2008! This is a beautiful solid of an English Riding Saddle with boots and cap. It's called English Rider. Approx. 2" tall. The enamel work is great and I love the "H" insignia for Harrods that is on the saddle blanket. Retails for 200 BP which for us in the US is high due to exchange rate. This is exciting as it is so nice to see such a great solid!

Woody

http://www.flickr.co...N07/2535970233/

Edited by klassicguy1, 31 May 2008 - 07:02 AM.

#2 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Yes Woody, I feel this is a great solid too and EL did a good job with this one. Indeed, a very nice solid, but do I dare say for us who live in the United States the price is high! mad.gif Oh well.

Gigi

#3 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

Yes, once more the Harrods solids look to be the best.

I do like this one, may just buy it, but I want to see the Vegas one first.

The exchange rate is very bad for you people over the pond and I wish that there was someway I could help you.......

Regards Margaret

#4 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 09:04 PM

Margaret,
Do you know what the Vegas one will be or when it will come out?
Ar
QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ May 30 2008, 10:31 PM)
Yes, once more the Harrods solids look to be the best.

I do like this one, may just buy it, but I want to see the Vegas one first.

The exchange rate is very bad for you people over the pond and I wish that there was someway I could help you.......
Regards Margaret

View Post

#5 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:39 AM

Hi Ar...... smile.gif

Wish I did know what the Vegas solid was this year......It all seems to be a big secret....... ph34r.gif ....... laugh.gif

Kind regards....Margaret

#6 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 02:20 PM

Hi Woody,
Thank you for posting the very lovely compacts.
I see you used flickr very smart.

#7 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 07:28 PM

What a gorgeous solid Woody! I can't wait to see what the rest of the Harrods will look like this year ( especially the Harrods bear! )

#8 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:44 PM

HI everyone. Found out some interesting info on the English Rider. Supposedly, there are only 40 pieces in the first lot received by Harrods and they are almost sold out. There is no info on any additional ones to be received, so maybe...this will really be a "limited edition"!!!. Wouldn't that be great! At least we know it is Harrods only as it has the "H" on the saddle. I am glad I have mine smile.gif

Edited by klassicguy1, 04 June 2008 - 05:44 PM.

#9 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 11:21 AM

I saw it the other day. Expensive but nice. wink.gif

I am wondering if they will be bringing more out as it is not Ascot yet!

Does the Certificate state they are limited to 40?

Edited by Jacqueline, 06 June 2008 - 05:58 PM.

#10 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:54 PM

I wonder the same thing. And remember the tennis racket? Could it become a Neiman Marcus solid, as it would fit in with the NM ranch themes? They could alter it like they did the racket....
Ar

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Jun 6 2008, 04:21 PM)
I saw it the other day.   Expensive but nice. wink.gif

I am wondering if they will be bringing more out as it is not Ascot yet!

Does the Certificate state they are limited to 40?

View Post

Edited by Ar, 06 June 2008 - 09:55 PM.

#11 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 03:58 AM

Hello Ar, they say you learn something every day and I have a whole lot of learning to do! I did not know the Tennis Racquet had been altered for the
States. Can you fill me in? Although I am a tennis fan I never bought this solid perfume as I thought it was rather bland. No detraction from my love of tennis huh.gif

Re the new Rider solid, I just cannot believe that only 40 are being released. It may well be the case but unlike the English Emblem, no-one that I spoke to could say categorically that was all they were releasing.

It is so demoralising to see solids which we have paid good money for coming up on Ebay at less than a quarter of the price, I watch the U.K. market and am really amazed how low some of the solids go for in price. This gives a false sense of value to some of the hard to find solid perfumes which we used to pay a great deal of money for in the past. This might sound strange but I always applaud when an older solid reaches a higher monetary level and more realistic price, even if I am bidding on it! At least if I get it less than its real value, I am aware of the fact unlike say, a new collector who will think the cheaper price is what the item is worth!

As Michele would say, this is IMHO smile.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 07 June 2008 - 03:59 AM.

#12 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 06:17 PM

Jacky,
I thought the ball on the tennis racket was a different color for the U.S...
Ar

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Jun 7 2008, 08:58 AM)
Hello Ar, they say you learn something every day and I have a whole lot of learning to do!    I did not know the Tennis Racquet had been altered for the
States.      Can you fill me in?    Although I am a tennis fan I never bought this solid perfume as I thought it was rather bland.    No detraction from my love of tennis huh.gif

Re the new Rider solid, I just cannot believe that only 40 are being released.    It may well be the case but unlike the English Emblem, no-one that I spoke to could say categorically that was all they were releasing.

It is so demoralising to see solids which we have paid good money for coming up on Ebay at less than a quarter of the price, I watch the U.K. market and am really amazed  how low some of the solids go for in price.      This gives a false sense of value to some of the hard to find solid perfumes which we used to pay a great deal of money for in the past.    This might sound strange but I always applaud when an older solid reaches a higher monetary level and more realistic price, even if I am bidding on it!    At least if I get it less than its real value, I am aware of the fact unlike say, a new collector who will think the cheaper price is what the item is worth!   

As Michele would say, this is IMHO  smile.gif

View Post

#13 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:43 AM

The US Tennis Racket has a Blue Handle and the English Tennis Racket has a Green Handle.
I have both of them - the balls are the same. biggrin.gif That came out funny. blink.gif

Tennis Anyone?

#14 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 07:02 PM

Heh, heh Katita...I thought there was a difference...I had the parts mixed up!

QUOTE(katita @ Jun 8 2008, 10:43 AM)
The US Tennis Racket has a Blue Handle and the English Tennis Racket has a Green Handle.
I have both of them - the balls are the same.  biggrin.gif  That came out funny.    blink.gif
Tennis Anyone?

View Post

#15 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 09:33 AM

I see the Tennis Racquets are starting to appear on ebay......empty and no box

I loved it when it first came out and very nearly bought it. ..........So glad now that I held back.......in my eyes it is now devalued.

Kind regards to you all......Margaret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users