• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#16 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:12 PM

Got a call from Donna at Bergdorf's that she has a limted shipment of the new solids just in. Her contact info is on the website.

Woody

#17 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 05:09 AM

I received an email from Micky at the EL store the general distribution solids are in early, but in limited quantities and they're $85 each. There's a candy cane, star, gingerbread man, lollypop and the cameo is a plant of some kind. Her email address is Mickysinai@aol.com if anyone is interested.

All the Best!

Katita

#18 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:46 AM

Doesn't it seem like everything is coming out earlier this year? So far, I have only ordered the Dancing Bear. I will need to see the others in person before I commit to buy.

Woody

#19 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:03 PM

Yes, Saks has theirs in also, limited to two of each kind. This is a marketing ploy to create demand. We all know there are more coming from the factory!
Ar

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Jul 17 2008, 01:46 PM)
Doesn't it seem like everything is coming out earlier this year?  So far, I have only ordered the Dancing Bear.  I will need to see the others in person before I commit to buy.

Woody

View Post

#20 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 03:38 PM

Limited???? Sure...................................... laugh.gif

#21 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 11:15 PM

The more limited they are in the stores, the quicker they wind up in the warehouse sales!

#22 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 03:55 PM

Just got back from Saks and ended up buying 4 solids. The Saks shopper, the Prancing Pony, Precious Petals and All the Buzz which is a new version of the beehive. They are all gorgeous and high quality. The one I was most surprised with was the Precious Petals. It is very sparkly and just beautiful. Reminds me of an antique brooch. They look much better in person than the pictures in the brochures. Not sure how many they had in stock but it didn't seem like they had a lot. Perhaps someone who knows how to post pictures can do so.

#23 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 19 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Hi Pat. That's good news that you really like the solids. I will try and check them out soon.

Woody

#24 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:49 AM

Just wondering if anyone saw the 2008 candy cane and lollipop on ebay already? Someone got hold of them that quickly even before they are released.

#25 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

I believe that the NY Estee Lauder Boutique has some of the general releases available at $85 each. There could be some stores that have them already.

#26 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:23 AM

I stopped into Saks and Niemans yesterday and both stores had the new releases. I will say that on the whole, they are very nice this year. At Saks, my favorite was the Beehive. The Prancing Pony was nice too. My favorite of everything is still the Dancing Bears at Niemans. Love it! That is the only one I am buying so far. There are two very interesting items - a fish at Niemans and a spider (I believe) at Saks. They are very much in the style of great 1950's costume jewely called "Jelly Belly" jewelry. Very interesting.

Woody

#27 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:05 PM

I saw the Neimans compacts today and was disappointed. I thought the bears looked more like pugilists than dancers. I canceled my preorder. The cathedral was huge. It was very glitzy but seemed like it was thrown together rather than a sophisticated design. I guess I'll wait for Harrods...
Ar

#28 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:07 AM

I haven't seen any yet. I haven't stayed on top of my collection for a long while. unsure.gif

Knowing our luck, one day EL will decide to really limit solids. rolleyes.gif

#29 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 10:53 PM

I picked up the beehive, shopping bag and prancing pony at Saks today. I received a $50 gift card so I shamelessly returned and repurchased one of the compacts with the card. I couldn't resist them, but I'm disappointed the bag doesn't have Saks' name on it. I was told the store is now on its third order of solids because they've been selling out. Saks should be getting the ocean liner soon. I MUST have it! I saw the photo and it looks terrific, with two smokestacks and a dangling line connecting them.
I'm also awaiting my order from Harrods. I've bought more than I intended to. I think the solids are better than in many other years. smile.gif
Ar

Edited by Ar, 07 September 2008 - 10:54 AM.

#30 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:20 PM

Ar, the bag has no name? What color is it? Why would they put out a plain shopping bag? I have yet to see the liner, but it sounds wonderful. I like the Prancing Pony best from this years lot as well. I was dying for the Bears, they just didn't live up to my expectations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users