• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#31 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

Thanks for letting us know Jacky, that is very good news.

Hi Sandra....... smile.gif When you can read this......hope you are getting better and I send you my love.

Margaret

#32 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 06:06 PM

Woo hoo---thanks Jacky for the good news that Sandra is out of intensive care and on the mend.

I've been thinking about you Sandra. My best wishes for good, quick and steady healing for you.

Gigi

#33 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 08:02 AM

Dear Sandra,
God Bless!

#34 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 June 2008 - 09:47 PM

smile.gif Hi everyone!! Well I made it ! Was an experience and a little miracle that was able to walk out of hospital 5 days after the operation ! At one stage I didn't think I'd be out of bed for months, but how things can change in 24 hours !

I was in a terrific place for this operation and count my blessings for all the wonderful people there to look after me.

I am feeling only a little tired and weakened as is usual I suppose after any op, so I am taking it day by day to get myself better. Breathing is not always easy, but it's getting better.

I can't rush to be on my feet too soon as my heart is still held together by stitches and won't take the pounding that I would give it if working, so I am (luckily) having to remain calm and relaxed at home for about 4 weeks.

Anyway, that's the story, and it's all good over here - thanks again for all the good wishes, thoughts and support from all over the world to me. I have really appreciated reading all your words of encouragement.

Take care everybody, biggrin.gif

#35 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 08 June 2008 - 05:46 AM

Sandra, so glad to hear how well you're doing.

BEST WISHES FOR A SOLID RECOVERY!

Katita

#36 Denise

Denise

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 11:27 AM

Dear Sandra,

So happy that you are fine and that the op is over, resting could be fun! Yes, ops do make one feel a bit fatigued (I had about 15 operations, not as serious as yours, but that's another story).

Wow, 5 days is a short time to leave a hospital, good for you! Your attitude is fantastic and as you know, attitude plays a huge role in every aspect of life.

You take care and get that rest, each day gets a little bit better, yep, I've been there and now those days are distant memories....

Hugs to you my friend,
Denise smile.gif

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 07:46 PM

smile.gif Just an update on my condition for those interested (usually I wouldn't write about myself, but several people have asked).

Now in my third week of recovery - everything for me is still in slow motion so the days pass quickly. Still a fair bit of discomfort but hopefully I am doing everything right to heal properly and as quickly as it can.

Dylan (my little Aussie silky terrier) is bored with me not being able to run around with him or take him for walks so he tends to sleep a lot . . . more than me !

Started a 'cardiac rehab' course yesterday to ensure I don't overdo or underdo things and obviously when you're with other people recovering it's easier as everyone is in slow motion and you feel that you don't have to keep up with a faster pace.

Hopefully I will be well enough to go back to work soon and be productive.

Thanks to all again for your words of encouragement and support.

Denise - wow - 15 operations . . . ! Don't know how you do it. One is enough for me !

#38 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 03:32 PM

Hello Sandra....... smile.gif

Pleased to know that you are now on the mend.....you have done so well

Don't overdo things, you will soon be back to full speed.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Margaret

#39 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

Keep up the good work Sandra! Take care of yourself..xxx

#40 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

Glad to see you back Sandra. Hope your recovery is going well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users