• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

I have never heard of a hoopoo Caroline, do you mind my asking what it is, Connie.

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:17 AM

Yes, what is it Caroline...... dry.gif

I did look at the date of the post ( April 1st ) and thought you might be playing April fool.......but I have an idea it could be a bird.

Margaret...... laugh.gif

#3 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:23 AM

Sorry everyone, it wasn't an April Fool, rolleyes.gif they are real and if you follow the link you'll see them

http://www.wildabout...-bird-call.html

We are very lucky here, there are a few pairs who are obviously resident in the summer and they are so beautiful you just have to stop and watch when they arrive in the garden. ohmy.gif smile.gif

Still wish I knew what the "pleased to meet you" bird was though - and wished he slept a little later!!!!!! laugh.gif huh.gif mad.gif

Caroline

#4 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

They are beauiful, we have nothing like them in the States!

#5 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 02:38 AM

And as if by magic .......... the first Hoopoo has arrived in the garden. laugh.gif

My camera is not good enough for Zooming so I got a couple of pics on the camcorder - now only if I knew how to get them from the camcorder to the computer - phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! unsure.gif ohmy.gif blink.gif

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:09 PM

Hi Caroline...... smile.gif

Thanks for the link to the site, it will come in very handy. With the change in the weather we are seeing more and more unknown birds in the garden and this will help us identify them.......Who knows one day me might get a Hoopoo...... laugh.gif

Just to let you know we had a good covering of snow today...... mad.gif Will it ever end.... dry.gif

Margaret........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users