• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:59 PM

My ebay id is Valema. When signing up here I never thought about not using my own name because I dont mind if people know my real name. If I had signed up later in the game I guess I would have noticed people using their other ids, but I only paid attention to Lisa using her real name. Lisa is that your real name? (just kidding). Mary (or Valema)

#17 mimi

mimi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:12 PM

Here is my comment on the subject! I want to be as honest and above-board as I can be when selling any of my pieces. I have learned much from buying on E-Bay and 97% of my experiences have been very good. I've also learned some valuable lessons.

I am planning to sell a portion of my collection soon and I promise that my MINT will be MINT!!

Best to all ....

Mimi

#18 Patricia

Patricia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:17 PM

Please let us know when you do it. It's nice to know when members of this site are selling their
compacts...solids/or powders

Thanks Patricia

#19 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 05:39 PM

Or better yet Mimi, you can always sell them here... it doesn't cost any $$$$!! All I need is a photo and brief description with price. [Big Grin]

#20 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 09:49 PM

Thanks for all of your replies, they've been really insightful. I have to say, if a solid compact has turned from white to yellow on the outside (enamel) that is not mint and the seller should state that in their ad. Looks like my issue will be resolved because the seller is taking them back and she will pay for half the shipping cost, so I'm not out too much money. Both compacts were actually yellow, instead of white and for me, I just couldn't live with that. Plus one of them had a bad clasp that didn't stay shut. The seller told me that she will relist them on Ebay. If any of you see them, just be leary of those two issues if you plan on bidding. She said she would also describe the yellowing and clasp issue in the ads, so you should have everything you need to know!

#21 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 17 February 2003 - 01:40 AM

Well, my issue was resolved amicably with the seller, but I did see she relisted both the bunny and puppies and describes them as "cream colored". Us collectors would know that EL did not make them in "cream" and I was disappointed that she just didn't describe them as yellowed, with age. I think I might have said "outside of compact has changed color with age", but that's just me! In addition, the bunny compact's clasp is worse than described, clasp opens when tilted and his legs still look white, while the rest of the body is yellowed. If you look closely at the pix, you can see. I just don't want anyone else to be misled. In the end, I got the seller to agree to pay for half the shipping, so I only lost $7 out of the whole deal, which isn't bad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users