• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:02 PM

I could be mistaken but the seller on Ebay who has the Carousel has relisted all the items on sale about 2 weeks ago.
It looks like their last feedback was in 2001 [Suspicious] should we be wary of that is is it usual.
Should we name people we have had a bad experience with? to help others.
Not that I have had any.(Touch Wood!)
What should we look for?
Thanks
Maggie [Suspicious]

#2 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 04:24 PM

I believe this seller is Bottlebaby2 and she is relisting these items (including the Carousel) because her reserves were not met at the last auction (Carousel was reserved at $850.00 [Puzzled] ) This is too high for me, but I see we have some of our members in the bidding, so good luck to all. [Big Grin] Also, Brigitte gave her good feedback this year.

Martha C.

#3 Fee

Fee

Fee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 10 February 2003 - 06:51 PM

Yes I saw those too, Lauderlady, but some of the previous ones sold so I am presuming that they have listed duplicates - and some very nice ones too! [Silly]

#4 Mini

Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 01:23 AM

Alternatively, could we keep a list of sellers whom we've had positive experience with, so that we can always check before we bid. The bad ones could just turn around and make themselves into someone beautiful by picking another exotic id! [Cool]

#5 Martha C

Martha C

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 07:33 PM

Mini, this is a good idea. [Smile] I wish there was some way to identify ebay sellers who are members of this website (without giving away their ebay identity). Some type of code [Cool] ... maybe placed within the description of the item.

I've had such great luck [Big Grin] buying/selling/trading within this site that I hope this area can be expanded. There is a real level of trust here [Razz] that you don't get on ebay unless you have previously dealt with the seller.

Martha C.

#6 Jack

Jack

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 11 February 2003 - 11:45 PM

Martha-

I could make up a little button or logo for members to put on their eBay auctions. But even if we did, I suppose there would be nothing to stop an unscrupulous seller from registering at this site and then just using the button.

-Jack

#7 lauderlady

lauderlady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 04:01 PM

That's true Jack but if they were on this site and did a duff deal once they would never get away with it again!
Maggie [Big Grin]

#8 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 05:43 PM

Here is what I found in several recently listed ads: "He is in mint condition. He has never been used. He is empty and comes with no box or pouch." Very misleading! How can they say MINT condition, never been used, which implies the solid is intact, then say it's empty, no box, no pouch! I'm sorry, but MINT condition in my book means full of solid perfume as well! There are too many sellers using the word MINT to describe solids that aren't mint at all!

#9 Ron

Ron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:33 PM

You talk about suspicious sellers. I have seen alot of auctions on ebay lately, that say perfume box. They are nice and seem to be well made but when you look closely at the boxes they have magnetic catches which generally means pill box. [Eek!]
What are we supposed to do get a hair dryer and melt our own perfume in them so we can have a "solid perfume pill box" [Mad]
Let the buyer beware [Suspicious]

#10 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 06:52 PM

I haven't been able to figure out what pillboxes are sold as solids. Does anyone have the auction numbers (or examples)? [Confused]

I normally buy Lauder and Corday solids, so I'm unfamiliar with other companies. What seems the most confusing is Florenza. Some people advertise as a pillbox and others say it's an empty solid perfume; however, I never saw one with perfume inside.

#11 Lauderlover

Lauderlover

Lauderlover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 February 2003 - 08:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone else has purchase anything from EBAY member 8479344 (lurecrest@mindspring.com) from N.C.? I just received two compacts and the outside of the compacts, the white enamel, was all yellowed! [Eek!] The puppies and bunny are supposed to be white, right? [Confused] The ads mentioned that the solid inside was discolored, but nothing about the outside being yellowed! Plus one of the clasps didn't close tightly and it opens when tilted. I did insure package but this is clearly not something that happened in shipping. I will await a reply to see how he or she handles the situation and share feedback. [Roll Eyes]

[ February 12, 2003, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: Lauderlover ]

#12 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 12:12 AM

I have noticed that the white enamel on the older solids does yellow especially if keep out of the box. It's just old age
Having the solid in the box is no fun though, I like to see them all every day! [Big Grin]

#13 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 01:54 AM

Hi Lauderlover, I agree if the description reads MINT then it should come in a BOX and have PERFUME. And not have an OUTRAGEOUS price. [Eek!] [Razz] [Eek!]
It doesn't bother me to have one of the prototypes as long as I know that's what I'm buying. And what about the seller's who ship it in an ENVELOPE [Mad] [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Razz] [Eek!] On that note~~I'm going to bed!
KK

#14 Mary

Mary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 10:36 AM

I have the kitten with collar that is probably a little darker than when first came out and perfume discolored, but I expected that with age. The nice thing about these is that they are usually under $100. These days any solid under $100 is a good thing. [New Laugh]

#15 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 13 February 2003 - 11:18 AM

Why do we use different Ids here than we use on eBay? I never thought to change it here so mine are both the same. I understand that some people don't want everyone to know what they are bidding on but I basically only sell so it isn't important to me to be incognito. I also have had some of my "white' solids like the Rabbit turn slighly in color and even just being in a glass display case can caus the perfume to shrink. I have also purchased a few brand new ones from stores that have a brownish ring around the perfume and clasps that don't quite close perfect. Quality control is sorely lacking in the manugacture of some of the solids. Lainey [Roll Eyes]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users