• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:28 AM

Will keep my eyes open for the Compact Karin.

Meanwhile Ar, wish you would have gone to the lunch.

They held something at Harrods for Jay Strongwater about two years ago, maybe longer. When I heard he was going to be there, I took some of my Strongwater solids with me (I was not attending the lunch) and managed to see him and have a chat. He agreed to sign my older solids although his PR tried to stop him from doing so! I was really impressed as he was only too happy to sign even
though the powers that be were not! I really do think that had you gone and taken them with you, he would have done the same.....Don't even bother with the red tape by asking next time....................... ph34r.gif

#32 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:22 PM

Even though these solids are exclusives to Bergdorf's, would anyone
know if the Estee Lauder store in Las Vegas would eventually get them??

Thanks, Joni

#33 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:04 PM

Sabina, you made my day! The cinnabar candles have always been my favs, so I look forward to the release of them. I like Estee as well so that is great news. I am curious why EL decided to release a paperweight? I just got the new issue of Allure today, and there is mention of the new solids and a picture of the " Empire " clone solid. At lesat Aerin is gotting the word on solids out. In the past 6 months there has been mention and pictures in Vanity Fair of her w/Heritage and then the Tuberose Gardenia collections. I hope it stirs interest and sales in solid perfume in general. This seems to be banner year for solids, so many seem to have been introduced.

#34 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:08 PM

I just saw the Tuberose Powder on the EL website. If I recall it has yet to be released, though the solid perfume is sold out.

#35 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 06:55 AM

I am really fascinated by these "new limited edition" solids. I did buy 4 of them after seeing the info on the site here. When I first looked at the pics, couldn't believe a few were actually EL!!! Supposedly, these will be exclusive only to Bergdorfs which will make them special. I hope it stays that way biggrin.gif

#36 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

Wonderful photos. Thanks for sharing Ann & Ken.

Isn't it wonderful when we get a surprise like this? Starts the collectors blood stirring again!

That was a dream of an event. Hope it is just the beginning of more.

Phyllis

#37 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 05:32 PM

Thanks Ann & Ken, I ordered the sparrow & seahorse from
Donna at Bergdorf's today. Anxious to get them...
Joni smile.gif

#38 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:08 AM

Hi everyone. I just received the 4 solids I bought from the 10 available. I purchased the Golden Sparrow, the Starfish and Sea Urchin and the Vintage solid. I really like them all, but especially the Vintage and the Golden Sparrow....the packaging is really nice and they do appear to be "special".

Hope Santa brings everyone a special solid or compact this year!! smile.gif

Woody

#39 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 05:54 PM

Hi Woody,

A festive picture would not go amiss????????????????????

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users