• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#16 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:39 AM

The sea anemone is NOT a solid it is a bow. Wish it was as it is the best looking one. smile.gif .

Agree with Jacky -- That is why I only bought a few. I could not see spending $150-$200 for a repeat that sells of $5( the former Empire).

The bird looks to be a copy of a Florenza piece that was designed as a master salt years ago . That is why it looks familar (180182334171 EBAY) . Florenza designed the first solid case for EL ( Boutique Oval).

In the collection in NYC other things were shown ,hair combs, bags , compacts ( Weisner) etc. from her personal collection. In that collection was a Florenza peacock small salt with the tail as spoon ,lots of people try to pass this off as a solid on Ebay but it is not. BUT it may show up as a new solid in the future. laugh.gif

Ann

Edited by Ann and Ken, 23 November 2007 - 10:09 AM.

#17 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:57 AM

Thanks Ann......It sure had me fooled, what a nice solid it would make.

Margaret...... smile.gif

#18 Sabina

Sabina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:42 AM

The sea anemone is not a compact, its a paperweight, really pretty and quite big. The spikes have Swarovski crystals, the bottom is marked Estee Lauder. If Im not mistaken it costs $1000.00 and as far as I know only six pieces have been produced.

Margaret, if you contact Donna she will put you for sure on her mailing / email list and will send you an invitation next time. She is very nice and helpful.

Regarding the new old solids we were told that Estee Lauder really liked these solid perfume compacts. Maybe her favorite color was gold. dry.gif Most items in this collection are gold, the compacts, make-up bags, candles, slippers etc.

Sabina

#19 Sabina

Sabina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:56 AM

Sorry, I just saw hat Ann already explained that the sea anemone is not a compact. I didn't look at the second page unsure.gif

Sabina

#20 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for posting the anemone was a paperweight . I thought it was a bow. laugh.gif
I just remember that it was a crazy price!!!!
It sure is pretty, wish it was a solid. smile.gif

Ann

#21 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 05:18 PM

I have a Florenza bird and found out that it is not for salt but for tiny sweeteners. The supertiny little pair of sugar tungs is still attached by a magnet to the lid. It is very cute to add when you serve coffee or tea, however no one hardly ever uses those little pill shaped sweeteners anymore (I hope you know which ones I mean, we have a specific name for that type of sweeteners here in Sweden but I can't find it in any dictionary wink.gif )

Karin

Edited by Karin, 23 November 2007 - 06:34 PM.

#22 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 07:53 PM

Hi Karin

You are right-- the ones with the magnet and tongs were for Saccharin
tablets. smile.gif
The bird without the magnet was for salt. It was also made into a pin cushion with a padded back.The bird also came in gold or silver color. Florenza made many things out of that poor little bird. blink.gif

There was a big Saccharin scare here in the 70's and most people quit using it.
Splenda and Equal are the rage now.

Ann

#23 zooey

zooey

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 04:11 AM

Hello Sabina -

My invitation from Donna at Bergdorf's did not arrive until the 15th...by that time I had too much planned and could not make alternate arrangements. You are SOOOO lucky to have gone. Wish I had had more notice and could have met you.

All of the photo's Donna sent, and those posted here by Ann & Ken, looked lovely. I did not know they were re-issues until reading these posts. Probably should have studied the pix, but thought they were just "old" solids Estee had collected and Aerin placed in the boutique for "show." Guess the saying "What's Old is New Again" still stands.

Let me add it's so nice to see familiar "faces" once again. smile.gif Jacqueline, Margaret (Hi Margaret!), Ann & Ken, Karin, Brigitte...

I don't even remember how to use the html feature any longer! Anyway, great to see you all...hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving....

Michele (zooey)

Edited by zooey, 24 November 2007 - 04:23 AM.

#24 Sabina

Sabina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 08:50 AM

Hello Michele,

You are right the invitation was really short notice. My paper invitation arrived two days before the event on Monday, November 16 via UPS. Luckily I had the day off on Wednesday and could go. It would have been great to meet you.

Sabina

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 03:38 PM

smile.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif smile.gif ZOOEY, So gooood to have you back posting.. I think we shall be tackling some stories soon!

Sorry you missed the Bergdorf event! Perhaps if someone receives an invite
they can mention it on the site before the event. That way if the post does
not arrive in time everyone is alerted.

All of you on that side of the ocean are soooooo lucky in this respect! Our only contact here is Harrods and they do not bother with us in the U.K. My regret
is that the other stores, i.e. Selfridges, John Lewis, etc. etc. do not receive any
solid perfumes now. They have the franchise from Estee Lauder for everything else but not the
solids! Work that one out! unsure.gif We haven't even received the brochures
as yet, but I was told by a Representative of E.L. at Harrods some while back, that those in the U.K. can always go and see the solids and the people in the States cannot! I used to work in Sales and Marketing and had I said something like that, I would have
been fired!

Well, Now I have fired you up, am going to cool down....LOL......

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I am giving thanks to Lisa and Jack
for allowing me to write my mumbo jumbo. ph34r.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 24 November 2007 - 03:39 PM.

#26 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 24 November 2007 - 06:20 PM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Hi Zooey......What can I say, only that.....Its the best Christmas Present ever to have you back, Santa sure came early.

Will post more in a day or two, so busy working, all you people wanting to buy things for Christmas.

Margaret

#27 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

Hi Sabina, were the candles that you saw when you met w/Aerin Lauder Tuberose Gardenia scent, or were there other fragrances?

#28 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

Thanks, Ann and Ken, for the photos. The anemone - I too wish it was a solid!

Sabina - how lucky you were!

Jacky, I agree, there are so many possibilities for new solids, why reissue them? It shouldn't be a money issue, they can certainly afford to pay for someone to design them.

I am particularly ticked off at Saks. I was invited to a lunch with Jay Strongwater. Then I was told he would only sign pieces purchased that day. I would have been happy to have him sign just one of my solids from last year. I was so disgusted that I didn't go, and next day returned a piece of jewelry I bought at Saks two weeks before for $700. So a simple signature cost Saks a $700 sale. Oh well, it's probably peanuts to them (not to me!)
Ar

#29 Sabina

Sabina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:09 PM

There are two different kinds of candles - large and travel candles. The travel candles come in sets of three with Cinnabar, Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia and Estee, only one scent per set. The large candles come in Cinnabar and Estee. If I remember correctly all candles come in golden pots.
Sorry, but I don't know how much they cost.

Sabina

#30 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

It seems to be a lot of different things in this collection, is there by any chance any powder compacts? If so, are they also re-issues? And by the way, has anyone seen the Tuberose Gardenia powder compact set with stones in any stores? It was even supposed to come to Sweden but we only got the solid - I wanted the powder sad.gif

Karin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users