• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:31 PM

One of the guys I work with goes all out decorating for Christmas. He has a 5year old son, so his wife insists upon it. She also foots the electric bill, in excess of $400 last month!

#47 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:32 PM

We are getting a nice snow here in Chicago...it's feeling like Christmas!! biggrin.gif

#48 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

We are expecting snow as well in PA late tomorrow afternoon through the evening. My Chow Chows and I can't wait! We are like little kids! I wish I didn't have to work...

#49 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:54 PM

We have lots of the blow ups in FLorida. Kinda funny to see them in front yards along with the palm trees. One neighbor has a great one on his roof - Santa in an old time airplane, and the rotor rotates around!
Ar

#50 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 10:19 PM

I've never seen that one, it sounds really cute. I can't imagine Santa among the palm trees though! The one in this area I like the best is a big snowglobe with a carousel inside. Santa and 2 others revolve around, it's very cute but I'm glad I'm not paying that electric bill.

#51 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Dec 4 2007, 08:32 PM)
We are getting a nice snow here in Chicago...it's feeling like Christmas!! biggrin.gif

View Post

Hi Woody..... smile.gif

Just been looking at a few live web cams around Chicago...... Looks a little cold to me.... ohmy.gif

Margaret

#52 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:59 PM

We got about an inch of snow in PA today. Just enough to cover the ground and not make a mes of the roads. Now it's beginning to feel like Christmas!

#53 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 10:21 AM

We had about 5-6 inches here in Chicago and more coming tonight..and it's COLD! I LOVE IT! Going to get our Christmas tree tonight.....fa la la la la.... biggrin.gif

#54 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 12:21 AM

Oh, Margaret
You have stirred up old memories. My mother was English and she used to sing or say all kinds of old England ditties. Your farthing poem was one. Except I am sure instead of farthing she said ha'penny. Would that be the same thing?

Phyllis

#55 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:58 AM

Hi Phyllis..... smile.gif

My Nanna was a nursery nurse in school and she taught me all the old ditties and I passed them on to my grand-children when they were young.....they loved them. I do feel that its so sad that many of them are lost in modern day life, I expect its because many of them are not so P.C.

It could well be ha'penny my memory "aint" what it used to be..... laugh.gif laugh.gif ( there were two ha'pennies to the penny.

My regards to you........Margaret

#56 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 05:26 PM

Hello Everyone,

Do hope you are enjoying your Christmas Day.

I have just come home after an afternoon and evening full of food and drink and wonderful company... We ate Turkey with roast potatoes, brussel sprouts, stuffing, chipolatas, bread sauce, cranberry sauce, mashed swedes, ...............and mince pies, Christmas pudding with home made brandy butter............and I have
eaten so much that I am fit to burst!

Just thought I would check in to say hello and wish you a Merry, Merry Christmas...

Fa la la................no snow here ..........x

#57 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:25 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! Jackie, what are chipolatas and mashed swedes???

#58 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 10:27 PM

Merry Christmas everyone! Jackie, what are chipolatas and mashed swedes??? We are bursting here as well. Since we had turkey on Thanksgiving we had a prime rib roast today and Yorkshire Pudding among other delights. I topped it off with a pumpkin cheescake. Yummy!

#59 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 10:16 AM

I hope everyone had a nice Christmas! Did anyone find a special solid or powder compact under the tree?

rolleyes.gif

#60 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Dec 26 2007, 03:16 PM)
I hope everyone had a nice Christmas!  Did anyone find a special solid or powder compact under the tree?

rolleyes.gif

View Post

Nope. I had to treat myself. Bought the brilliant beach chair.
I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!!! laugh.gif rolleyes.gif smile.gif
Ar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users