• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:03 PM

Can you believe the Holidays are upon us? We are preparing for Thanksgiving next week and talking about pulling out the Christmas decorations!

I have to admit I LOVE Christmas music. There is already a radio station here playing Christmas music 24 hours a day...I find myself tuning in a lot already!

Happy, Happy!!

Woody smile.gif

#2 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 07:43 PM

Dear Woody,

I rather like the lights, as you and all other members can see on my pics.
Sorry they arn't too good, I didn't want to creat a work of art (I'd be happy if I could....but....) but just show all the lights in my flat.

Happy holidays,

Brigitte

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Sorry, but I'm about to take some E.L. item pics in this room therefore the big floodlight that you can see in front.

Edited by Brigitte, 25 November 2007 - 01:32 AM.

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

Love the lights! Love everything....but Brigitte I had a fright with the headless torso..................
Mind playing tricks with the account from Jack I expect!

Woody, didn't know you were such a softeeeeee........jingle bells, jingle bells,
jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to find some solids on the sleigh.......

Think I am going to sleep! Oooops. getting carried away. Sweet dreams.

sad.gif

#4 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:33 AM

Hi Brigitte! Thank you for sharing the pictures! Looks wonderful and very festive.

fa la la la......I am really getting into the spirit!

laugh.gif

#5 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 09:31 PM

Brigitte, your flat looks so festive! I am waiting til the day after Thanksgiving to start my holiday decorating. I can't wait. I take the week after Thanksgiving off from work so I can get started. I live in Southeastern Pennsylvania, and about 2 hr drive North had their first snow of the season today. Here's hoping for a white Christmas this year!

#6 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:41 AM

HI ALL...... smile.gif

JUST TO GET YOU ALL IN THE FESTIVE MOOD........WE HAD SNOW IN OUR PART OF ENGLAND YESTERDAY..... mad.gif

AS YOU CAN SEE.....I DON'T LIKE IT, COLD WET STUFF, GIVE ME THE SUN ANYDAY.

Margaret....... laugh.gif

#7 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:17 PM

Where do you live in the UK Margaret? It's unusual for us to get snow here this early They got 5-6 in about 2 hr drive from where I live. We just had rain. I look forward to the first snowfall and that's about it. We haven't had a white Christmas where I live since the 60's when I was a kid. I don't like the shoveling and driving in it. We have been fortunate the last few times when major snowfall ( 30 in or more ) has come on Sat & Sun. The kids hate it, but at least everyone is off the roads and they can be plowed. One time we actually had off from work Mon & Tues when we got a big storm. I could go for that happening again!

#8 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

Have a safe and wonderful Thanksiving everyone!

#9 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:10 PM

Wonderful pictures Brigitte. You have created your very own fairyland.

Wanted to add my wishes to all for a very happy Thanksgiving weekend.

If I don't eat too much I might be able to get in a swim as it is predicted to be above 80 here Thursday. Snowbirds have arrived and area is very busy.

Anyone shopping on Black Friday? Best day of the year to stay at home unless you like utter chaos.

Phyllis

#10 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:33 PM

Hi Chowlover2..... smile.gif

I live in the middle of England in the county of Derbyshire ( our county's are like your states only a lot smaller ) Its about two hours by train to London. I am about three miles out of the city of Derby itself in a large village called Spondon. The village itself has grown over the years ( new shops in the 70's ) but parts of it are very old and one of the local pubs was mentioned in the Doomsday book and some parts have a preservation order on them.

Its a good place to live. The people care what happens in their village and we are always consulted if our Council wants to change anything......if Spondon does not want it then it wont happen. We have good schools and Doctors and the most marvellous bus service you could wish for. We have a bus into the city centre every ten mins and it only picks up around Spondon then Flies down the bypass into Derby. Needless to say its called the Spondon Flyer..... laugh.gif and has won an award for the best bus service in the Country.

We are very lucky to live where we do. The weather tends to be good because we are protected by a set of hills .......Thats why we were so suprised to get snow early.

Margaret......... smile.gif

WISHING YOU ALL A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY

Edited by VEGAS LADY, 21 November 2007 - 02:34 PM.

#11 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 10:23 PM

I find it amusing here in Florida to see people hanging lights and buying Christmas trees and holiday goodies with snowmen on them. It's 80 degrees here!
Happy Thanksgiving to all,
Ar

#12 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 11:45 PM

Has Black Friday madness arrived elsewhere in the States or UK for that matter, or is it just crazy here? The outlet centers I shop at ( about a 90 minute drive ) are opening at 12:00AM on Thanksiving night. Most of the major retailers are opening as early as 4:00AM to 6:00AM. Just insane this year! I think retailers are trying to get whatever cash they can before gas prices go even higher. I will buy online, it's good for the environment and I don't have to fight crowds at the local malls. Margaret, your town sounds wonderful. I have a friend from the UK, who when he visited the States was so surprised at the newness of everything. We went to the local sites in Philadelphia, which by US standards is quite old. Only 200+ yrs. He told me in his town in the UK they had 2 bridges, the old bridge which was 600 yrs old and the " new " bridge, which was 400! I got quite the laugh about it, as the townfolk still call the 400 yr old bridge the " new "bridge! Is Black Friday shopping a big event in the UK?

#13 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 04:50 AM

Hi Chowlover2

I am not sure what Black friday is....Do Tell...... dry.gif

Margaret...... smile.gif

#14 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 10:55 AM

In the States, Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving. It is the kickoff of all the Christmas shopping. In the US many people have off from work that day ( not me ) and everyone starts their Chistmas shopping. There are sales galore, and the stores are packed with both shoppers and gift ideas. The bg retailers ( Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy ) have what they call doorbusters. Big ticket items at cheap prices. the Wal-Mart near me has a 42in HDTV for $798, and a Compaq desktop computer bundle for $398. It's one way of luring people in at 5:00AM. And believe me they do as there are limited quantities. It's called Black Friday as this is the day retailers start to make a profit ( being in the black as opposed to being in the red which would be no profit ) It's a 3 day weekend extravaganza for retailers. I don't know how things are in the UK, but here in the States retailers start putting Christmas items out at the beginning of September. Artificial trees, ornaments, etc. This year, malls were decorated for Christmas the weekend after Halloween. That was a big jump this year. In the past they would have decorated after the stores closed last night ( Thanksgiving Eve ) so things would be ready for Friday. Santa Claus arrived at my Mall last weekend, he was early this year too.

#15 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 12:36 PM

Hello Everyone,

Wishing you all a VERY HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Margaret, I leave it to you to explain about the Sales etc. I don't think we have anything equivalent to a Black Friday!

smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users