• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#61 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:41 AM

It's been raining in FLorida too - unusual for January.
Ar

#62 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:16 PM

OH DEAR !!!!!!!!!!!....... sad.gif

A lot of Brits escape to Florida for the sunshine at this time of the year. Guess there are going to be a lot of disappointed people around.

Margaret.

#63 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Jan 18 2008, 11:16 PM)

OH DEAR !!!!!!!!!!!....... sad.gif

A lot of Brits escape to Florida for the sunshine at this time of the year. Guess there are going to be a lot of disappointed people around.

Margaret.

View Post

Not to worry Margaret, it doesn't last long. It rained all night for the last two nights, but not during the day. Daytime showers are usually not more than an hour at the most. But---we're not supposed to get ANY rain in winter! This is the "dry" season.

Ar

#64 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:41 AM

Hello everyone biggrin.gif
I went to Woodbury Commons yesterday, to the Cosmetics Company Store and they have lots of solids and powders for sale. Mostly 2006 solids, the Cameo, Wreath and Spinning Top. Of the Strongwaters, they had Magical Pitcher, Garden Teapot, Garden Rabbit, Precious Birds and Framed Memories. Of the 2005 solids, they had the Royal Lantern and Lucky Lantern.

Just letting you know.

GREAT LUCK TO ALL laugh.gif

Katita

#65 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:34 PM

Katita,
Thanks for the report. It just kills me. I can't believe those Strongwaters are discounted... I wonder how many were produced... Anyway, this info has helped me make up my mind not to buy any more solids right now. I had to have the beach chair, but I'm not going to get the bicycle or crab. Not at full price, that is!
Ar

QUOTE(katita @ Jan 28 2008, 01:41 PM)
Hello everyone  biggrin.gif
I went to Woodbury Commons yesterday, to the Cosmetics Company Store and they have lots of solids and powders for sale.  Mostly 2006 solids, the Cameo, Wreath and Spinning Top.  Of the Strongwaters, they had Magical Pitcher, Garden Teapot, Garden Rabbit, Precious Birds and Framed Memories.  Of the 2005 solids, they had the Royal Lantern and Lucky Lantern. 

Just letting you know.

GREAT LUCK TO ALL  laugh.gif

Katita

View Post

#66 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:28 PM

It is really discouraging to pay full price and have a compact show up discounted any place. But it's especially discouraging when you see it at the CCS. Ebay and other auction sites are another story -- which has been covered here. sad.gif

Having said that, I just paid full price for the Sand Crab and I absolutely love it. biggrin.gif

#67 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:15 AM

I'm leaving for Cape Cod tomorrow and will be stopping by the CCS in CT. I'll post what I find in that one also.

I know it's disappointing to see them sold at a discounted price - which is why I didn't purchase a lot of new solids. DON'T BUY FOR RE-SALE VALUE BUY FOR YOUR OWN PLEASURE VALUE is the only advice I can give. You won't feel so bad. Think of the extra expense as a "viewing fee" you paid to have the solid in your home. blink.gif Or whatever makes it work for you. laugh.gif Be happy with you collection. That being said I do own the Brilliant Beach Chair (because I liked it so much). tongue.gif

Enjoy! Enjoy!

Katita

#68 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:16 AM

I am still buying the solids, just waiting for them to show up on Ebay. I just got the 2007 Jeweled Ornament for $100! I am very happy. We are all smarter buyers now, and I still love my collection, just buying smarter. The biggest pet peeve I have is that items show up on Ebay or in the outlet stores very fast now, even with the "big stores" still trying to sell inventory at issue prices!

Woody

#69 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 05:36 PM

Well I've been to CCS in Clinton, CT today and they have tons of different powders - not being a powder collector I don't really know their names or dates. They had the Collesium, Broadway, Garden Rabbit, Pampered Pekinese, Framed Memories, Cameo and Spinning Top.

Have fun everyone! biggrin.gif

Katita

#70 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:38 AM

Hello everyone...... smile.gif

Does anybody know yet what the Vegas solid is to be for this year. dry.gif

Kind regards to you all ......Margaret

#71 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 07:08 PM

Ahoy, Margaret! You made me get up out of my comfy chair and call Las Vegas. The saleswoman who answered said they don't know what it will be or when it will come out - she said maybe in May. I'll check again in a couple months.
Regards,
Ar

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Feb 4 2008, 12:38 PM)

Hello everyone...... smile.gif

Does anybody know yet what the Vegas solid is to be for this year.  dry.gif
Kind regards to you all ......Margaret

View Post

#72 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:41 AM

Ahoy Ar........ laugh.gif

Did you enjoy your Foo Foo cruise. Did Jonny Depp come and keep you company, with my luck I would get Captain Hook..... laugh.gif

Many thanks for ringing Vegas, guess I will have to wait a bit longer then, I was just looking for a bit of news to cheer me up and to take my mind off the cold British weather. OH WELL !!!!!! I guess like you its back to my comfy chair by the fire.

Kind Regards.........Margaret

#73 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

Margaret,
My comfy chair is out on the lanai where it is 80 degrees at high noon. It's very pleasant out there by the time I get home from work.
The foo foo cruise was nice. There's nothing like ordering room service for breakfast and sitting out on the balcony as the ship slices through the sea. I really enjoyed the last two ports (Dominican Republic and Haiti) because I could swim and snorkel at the beaches. Of course, I ate too much...
Keep warm in merry ole England!
Regards,
Arla

#74 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 10:47 PM

Our weather has been unseasonably warm this winter. It was 70 degrees here in the Northeast yesterday, then more seasonable today with a chance of snow this weekend. You have the life Ar!

#75 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 01:09 PM

Has anyone else noticed the 2007 solids showing up on ebay already? dry.gif

Katita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users