• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#46 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 09:16 PM

Don't feel bad ladies, we don't get events like that in PA either. I live near the Main Line ( like in the movie The Philadelphia Story ) but there's a reason these Main Liners have money. They don't spend it! You can go in some of these old Main Line mansions, and nothing has been touched since the 60's. It's like the land time forgot. And they don't spend it on clothing ( or perfume solids ) either. The Neimans in the area makes it's money from nouveau rich. That's why we didn't have one in this area til 2000. I'll be honest I don't see how the store stays in business as you rarely see many people shopping there.

#47 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2007 - 03:35 PM

Well if we are not tempted we will become some of those that don't spendit!

Hope for us yet! ph34r.gif

#48 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:11 AM

I do feel sorry for people who live like that and won't have a little spend now and again. Its nice to have a bit put away but if you don't spend it then your children will.

My Mother used to say.....

Its made round to go round, and its made flat to stack..... laugh.gif

Margaret

#49 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:54 PM

I like your mothers saying Margaret, I don't have the problem of not spending ( unfortunately ). Sometime I wish I did, but you can't take it with you. I guess it's a good thing I don't have kids, just 2 very spoiled Chow Chows that I spend my money on ( and solids )! Connie

#50 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 07:17 AM

Hi Connie..... smile.gif

My dear Mother always had an answer for everything..... ohmy.gif

One day she was debating wether to buy something, and I said to her " Mum you can't take it with you " She just turned to me and said, " Yes but it would be terrible that if I got there I found out I could "........ ohmy.gif

I never could win with her....... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margaret

#51 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 11:57 PM

I don't think anyone can ever win with their own Mother Margaret!

#52 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(chowlover2 @ Nov 13 2007, 01:50 AM)
Hi Margaret, the Coach solid looks just like the tag that comes on the Coach handbags. It's silver w/red printing. I love the handbags so I had to have the solid! I think it runs $40 US, but youcan usually buy on Ebay cheaper. The L.A.M.B solid is really a nice heavy piece. It is 2 interlocking LLs'. It has been high on Ebay, but if you just want to look at it they have it at Nordstrom.com where it is $42 US. I did buy the Sarah Jessica Parker Covet solid. Not very impressive, cheap plastic flower, but I like the perfume and will carry that one in my handbag. I think it's a good thing that new perfumes are putting solids out, for the longest time EL was the only game in town. Are there Harrods powders that are exclusives, and what do they look like?  I worked alot of overtime this past summer so I could afford the Harrods solids. I'm glad I did as I am thrilled with them. I now wish I had gotten the Holt Renfrew shopping bag...

View Post

I got the L.A.M.B. solid - for once I actually found a solid perfume in a department store here in Stockholm ohmy.gif I totally agree with Chowlover2, it is really nice and I do like the simple design. Speaking of other makers solids I would like to mention Marc Jacobs Daisy ring - got that from eBay though. I really like it, it is heavy, well made and so FUN! I have seen auctions for a ring made by Thierry Mugler Angel too. I am not so sure about that one but I think it is so great that one is not strictly left with EL solids anymore wink.gif
Karin

#53 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:27 PM

I will have to check out the Marc jacobs daisy ring! I have only seen the Angel pendants, so I'll be on the hunt for that too. I saw a Missoni solid necklace on Ebay that I am smitten with at the present. I'm really glad there are other manufacturers putting out solids!

#54 mybuffy69

mybuffy69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE(chowlover2 @ Jan 7 2008, 09:27 PM)
I will have to check out the Marc jacobs daisy ring! I have only seen the Angel pendants, so I'll be on the hunt for that too. I saw a Missoni solid necklace on Ebay that I am smitten with at the present. I'm really glad there are other manufacturers putting out solids!

View Post

I went to Nordstrom's tonight and acquired both the Marc Jacob's Daisy ring and the Missoni necklace. The necklace is VERY neat. There are two choices- the original sent adorned with red charms and the newer scent that has more blue/green beads and charms. It has weight so seems a lot more expensive ($50 us) than it is. If you want one, Nordstrom seems to have plenty. I am very smitten with the Daisy ring too. Now my only problem is deciding where to display them!! LOL... rolleyes.gif

#55 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 11:58 PM

I got a call from Saks in Tampa that Jay Strongwater will be coming in Feb....
Ar

#56 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Hello EVERYONE biggrin.gif !!
HAPPY NEW YEAR laugh.gif

Sorry it's been so long since I've posted....very busy end of the year and exhausting beginning....BUT I have not stopped hunting and catching great old solids. I did receive the Great Wall as a birthday present and today my husband came home with the beach chair - which I LOVE!! I'm not really buying a lot of the new solids....I still think most of them will end of on ebay for a lesser price but they really are pretty. I saw the Ice Cream Cone today and it's so cute.

I hope everyone had a safe and healthy and happy new year and best of luck to everyone searching....

Take care,

Katita biggrin.gif
[/COLOR]

#57 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hello Katita..... laugh.gif

A very happy new year to you.

Missed your posts, nice to see you back. Congrats on the beach chair.

Kind regards....Margaret...... smile.gif

#58 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:17 PM

Thanks Margaret biggrin.gif
How's Merry Ole? It's FREEZING here ph34r.gif

I went to Saks this morning and saw the Ice Cream Cone up close. I like it but I didn't buy it - it seems pricey to me. The sprinkles look cool though.

I recently won the 1994 Golden Chains, White Linen, on Ebay. smile.gif

Happy Hunting EVERYONE!

Katita

#59 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 02:11 PM

Hi Katita....... laugh.gif

England is not so Merry. We have a lot of rain and we are WET, WET WET...... sad.gif
Once again some areas are flooded, it seems to happen every year now.

Margaret.

#60 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:50 AM

Well, we're in the same wet rut here too - we were suppose to get snow but all we got was rain and it's still raining ohmy.gif
We've flooded here before so rain makes me nervous.

Stay DRY laugh.gif

katita

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users