• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#31 Mary Poole

Mary Poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:42 PM

Does anyone have a brochure from Harrods solids to share?

Mary

Edited by Mary Poole, 05 August 2007 - 10:43 PM.

#32 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:48 AM

Thank you Brigitte for posting the broschures biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Finally I have found some powders I like - just like last year Nordstrom has hit the jackpot with their compacts biggrin.gif (well, in my opinion anyway). Funny enough it seems though that their ornament powders are an almost perfect match with the ornament solids (Pretty Paisley, Jeweled Ornament) that are sold by Saks.... Please explain blink.gif
I am so happy I've found some powders to put on top of my wish list this year!

Karin

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:16 AM

Hello Mary,

Not too long back when I asked about brochures being received in the U.K. I was told that they send them to the States first!

Seems that as we live here we are the last to receive, if at all!

mad.gif

#34 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:25 AM

Thanks Brigitte for posting the pictures. Thank goodness I do not collect the compacts!

smile.gif

#35 Mary Poole

Mary Poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:08 PM

Could someone please give me the e mail address for Alison Chapman?

Thanks, Mary

#36 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

Looks like Harrods neglected things again. They never sent me any brochures! mad.gif

I've been quite lazy about collecting this year. I need to call Harrods right away! laugh.gif I always dread the Harrods solid buying procedure. unsure.gif

#37 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:13 AM

If it is any consolation for you Greyhound, we haven't received the brochures either and we live in the U.K.

rolleyes.gif

#38 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:12 PM

Has anyone purchased the keepsake anniversary box from Nieman Marcus? I'm trying to figure out what to do with it! It's wood so solids can't be displayed unless the box is left open. Weird.
Ar

#39 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:13 AM

Does everyone have as much trouble as I do reaching Harrods??? I call and get transferred and cut off and told to call back....so much for customer service. mad.gif

Edited by klassicguy1, 29 September 2007 - 08:13 AM.

#40 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 02:58 PM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Sep 29 2007, 06:13 AM)
Does everyone have as much trouble as I do reaching Harrods???  I call and get transferred and cut off and told to call back....so much for customer service. mad.gif

View Post

I haven't contacted Harrod's very often. However, when I have, it's been successful. I've used the information on this site to call directly; and, also have gone to the Harrod's website and used their email link. In the subject line, I've put Alison's name and/or Estee Lauder Solid Perfume Compact. I've gotten a phone call from her each time -- it's taken a few days, but she calls. She sent a brochure to me a couple of months ago. My biggest issues have been trying to figure out how to make an international phone call and when to call. smile.gif

#41 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:00 PM

Woody,
We called Harrods and spoke to Malgosha just this morning and ordered two solids. Didn't have any problems at all. Hmmmm. huh.gif

#42 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:19 PM

I so don't look forward to calling Harrods every year. They always forget about me. I must be at the bottom of the pile for not buying enough. They don't notify me about the new solids. Once I call and place an order, they never call back to say my credit card was rejected. I have to call them several weeks later once I find out everyone on here received theirs. mad.gif

I'm the kind of person who shouldn't collect as much because I'm not well off (just average). ph34r.gif If I were, I could risk paying higher prices on ebay to save the trouble from calling Harrods. I'm very behind. I still haven't called them this year. Conversion rates are killer also. I think I'll just buy the bear...and hope they have some left. rolleyes.gif I wish I could travel to London and visit in person.

I have trouble calling oversees too. It takes me several tries because I forget the combo. I pretty much dial the numbers as listed here, but I have to drop a zero somewhere for it to work. Seems weird to me. Too many numbers = too much room for error. laugh.gif

#43 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

I did connect with Malgosha yesterday...she called me back as I just couldn't seem to get through to her. It did take three calls..I think I have a different extension now that could help. I do seem to have trouble most every year....but it eventually works out.

Woody

#44 Linda

Linda

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE(Ar @ Sep 26 2007, 09:12 PM)
Has anyone purchased the keepsake anniversary box from Nieman Marcus? I'm trying to figure out what to do with it! It's wood so solids can't be displayed unless the box is left open. Weird.
Ar

View Post

Hi Ar,

I bought the set, and noticed that the 3 powders look exactly like Harrod's. Did you notice?

Linda in Hotlanta

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 03:15 PM

Hi Linda, smile.gif

I haven't seen this particular box. Wish I could get into the Members' Photos.......

Would love to read more about these boxes and compacts...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users