59 replies to this topic

#16 cottagecosmetics

cottagecosmetics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:52 PM

Okay - I'm officially broke now... laugh.gif

I ordered the Vintage Elegance and the Sparkling Jewel powder compacts today.

Out of curiosity - what did Nordstrom do to get kicked out of the "exclusives" club? ohmy.gif

Lisa

Edited by cottagecosmetics, 20 July 2007 - 12:52 PM.

#17 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 03:44 PM

I went to Neiman Marcus to see the 2007 collection. They had everything in except the one I want - the gramophone. I usually tend to prefer the Strongwaters so I wasn't surprised when told that the gramophone IS a Strongwater piece. It's Neiman's only Strongwater this year.
There will be "only 1000" bejeweled butterfly compacts sold to commemorate Neiman's 100th anniversary. Also, they are selling 100 wooden display boxes for $125 each to commemorate the anniversary. I ordered one, which will ship in September to the stores.

Ar

#18 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 11:50 AM

Many thanks to you folks for letting us know about the what Fall/Holiday solids have hit the various stores here in the States.

Here is a question, "Has anyone heard of a Saks store getting the Jay Strongwater Magnificent Bonsai Tree in yet?" About three weeks ago I called the New York City store and none were in. The Saks store which I do business with said "no" as well, but on the positive side they got in six Foo Dogs and only had one left.

I'm just curious. If I see one on ebay I'll know they finally came in! laugh.gif

Gigi

#19 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 02:40 PM

Gigi,
I was called on Friday by Sharon at Saks at International Plaza in Tampa. She just received the bonsai tree. She doesn't have the Foo dog yet.
Ar

QUOTE(Gigi @ Jul 29 2007, 04:50 PM)
Many thanks to you folks for letting us know about the what Fall/Holiday solids have hit the various stores here in the States.

Here is a question, "Has anyone heard of a Saks store getting the Jay Strongwater Magnificent Bonsai Tree in yet?"  About three weeks ago I called the New York City store and none were in.  The Saks store which I do business with said "no" as well, but on the positive side they got in six Foo Dogs and only had one left.

I'm just curious.  If I see one on ebay I'll know they finally came in!  laugh.gif

Gigi

View Post

#20 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:36 PM

Thanks Ar for the information.

Gigi

#21 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:59 PM

Would love to see a picture of the wooden display case.

Thanks for all the information.......

smile.gif

#22 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

Jacqueline,
I only saw a very bad black and white photocopy. It looked a bit like a cigar box to me! Since there will only be 100 sold, I put in an order for one.
Ar

#23 Mary Poole

Mary Poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:23 PM

The Saks in Dallas has everything except the plane. Ask for Mary Mabry the number is 972-716-5243 ext 243

Mary P.

Edited by Mary Poole, 30 July 2007 - 08:23 PM.

#24 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 04:02 PM

I just received the bonsai tree from Saks. I really like it. It reminds me of the trees in the Wizard of Oz, only sparkly! Now, where are Dorothy and Toto?
Ar

P.S. I called Zandria at EL Las Vegas because I haven't gotten the plane. She told me she was "on vacation and hadn't had time to call and tell me it won't be in till September." So why did she tell me 2 weeks ago it was in?

Edited by Ar, 31 July 2007 - 06:56 PM.

#25 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 12:04 AM

P.S. I called Zandria at EL Las Vegas because I haven't gotten the plane. She told me she was "on vacation and hadn't had time to call and tell me it won't be in till September." So why did she tell me 2 weeks ago it was in?

View Post

[/quote]

I was told the same thing about the plane being in when I placed an order. The rep called and left a voice mail a few days later that it wasn't in. She never said it would be Sept. before they came in. I was also wondering why she said it was in when it wasn't. Very frustrating.

#26 Mary Poole

Mary Poole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:29 PM

I have just returned from las Vegas.I worked with Sipan, she was very helpful and told me about the Rewards Program. They did not have the Plane however, they had the rest of the new ones and quite a few old ones like the Garden Rabbit Magical Pitcher, Coliseum, Broadway, dice etc.

I also visitged the Jay Stilwater store just across the isle - Just Beautiful!!!!

Mary :)

#27 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

Was in Harrods this morning and I must say I love the Harrods solids.

Some of the designs which we have in our Members Photos, were really nice.

Seems like there are also some lovely ones coming out of the States too!

Better start saving!

Have edited this post in case you read it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 06 August 2007 - 04:23 AM.

#28 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:02 AM

Jacqueline,
Did you buy any?
Ar

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Aug 4 2007, 06:43 PM)
Was in Harrods this morning and I must say that I love the new Harrods solids!
I am really impressed with the designs this year (and you know how critical I have been in the past).      I want them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Post

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:20 PM

Too many expenses at the moment, unless someone wants to buy the Golden Sculpture MIB..........Haven't worked out what to ask for it yet though!

Anyway, hope to buy some Harrods ones sooooooooon!

dry.gif

#30 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:23 PM

Here are some new brochures of powder compacts

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Enjoy, Brigitte