• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jillipede

Jillipede

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:26 PM

I have someone on ebay wanting $75 for the Virgo Erte powder compact. Is this reasonable or high? Thanks to everyone! Jill

#2 cottagecosmetics

cottagecosmetics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:02 PM

Jill,

If you search completed items for Erte compacts on eBay, you will see a range of $7.00 up to $182.00 (surprisingly!). I have a service which can go back 90 days, but I just checked the last 30 for this interesting price range.

Those were at auction - not store items.

It really depends upon the availability of the specific zodiac sign that you are looking for - Gemini (for instance) gets rock bottom prices (must have been a huge glut of them!).

I sell them for $75 also, and that seems reasonable to me, but if you watch carefully, you might be able to get a better deal than that at auction.

I believe they originally sold for around $60 when first issued (I might be wrong about that), so $75 seems in line - especially if someone has the one you want, and you can get it immediately!

You have to decide how quickly you NEED this compact - if you NEED it now, then buy it now. Wherever you can get it.

If you have more time than money, then wait for an auction...you can put it on a favorite search, and have eBay email you when one is listed.

Hope this helps a bit!

Lisa

(Of course, I would give all boardies a 10% discount. biggrin.gif )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users