• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the kind words. I get my stuff from all kinds of places. Flea markets, hobby shops, around the house etc. If you ever need an idea or where to get something just email me and I will be glad to help. clarkannm@bellsouth.net

I started collecting the solids because I liked the cases.

Pat came to see me a couple of years ago and she started opening and sniffing the solids. I had no idea that folks actually smelled the perfume in them and was shocked. She had no idea that folks didn't smell the perfume. It has been a source of amusment between us since. biggrin.gif

Ann

#32 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:28 AM

I JUST LIKE THE CASES AND NEVER SMELL THE PERFUME....... blink.gif

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I WOULD NEVER BUY AN EMPTY SOLID. TO ME IF THEY ARE EMPTY THEY ARE JUST BOXES......ODD !!!!!!!!!!!! dry.gif

SO........ I WONDER HOW MANY SNIFFERS AND NONE SNIFFERS WE HAVE.... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margaret....... wink.gif

#33 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 02:32 PM

I don't sniff because the perfume makes me sneeze! But I want it full anyway, because that means to me it is pristine...even if it shrinks and turns yellow.
Ar
QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Jun 8 2007, 04:28 PM)
I JUST LIKE THE CASES AND NEVER SMELL THE PERFUME....... blink.gif

BUT ON THE OTHER HAND I WOULD NEVER BUY AN EMPTY SOLID. TO ME IF THEY ARE EMPTY THEY ARE JUST BOXES......ODD !!!!!!!!!!!! dry.gif

SO........ I WONDER HOW MANY SNIFFERS AND NONE SNIFFERS WE HAVE.... laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Margaret....... wink.gif

View Post

Edited by Ar, 08 June 2007 - 02:33 PM.

#34 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

I love to sniff!! My favorites are Beautiful, Pleasures
and Beyond Paradise.

Joni tongue.gif

#35 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:42 PM

It's true. Ann does not like to smell the fragrances and it is amazing especially if you see her collection. She has hundreds!! I totally love to smell the scents. Every time I pick a solid up I have to open and sniff. Not sure which is my favorite because I like them all. Beautiful and intuition are two of my favs but I also like the new pure white linen. wub.gif

#36 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 09:14 PM

I love to sniff any and all solids, even non ELs'. I started buying solid perfume in high school when I worked at a dept store. The first EL I bought was the Imperial Dog, mainly because I loved Cinnabar ( not to mention dogs ) Bought some GD solids sporatically over the years, but didn't start to go crazy til last year. It's been all downhill ever since, and I just had 3 new shelves made for my curio cabinet. That will do for a few months, then I will need to buy another curio cabinet!

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 06:08 PM

blink.gif I don't understand how you CAN'T smell them !!

I think the scent is so powerful that you don't even have to open them to be able to smell them!! (Maybe that's why Ann doesn't have to open them to smell them!)

Everytime I open my solid perfume cabinet I am almost bowled over by the volume of scent in there !! cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users