• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 06:22 PM

Great photos - Sydney harbour looks fantastic with the two great ships and all the small craft - it must have been a wonderful sight to have been there. Thanks Sandra, Margaret & Don

Karen cool.gif cool.gif

#32 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

cool.gif Thanks Don for posting them for me. Very much appreciated! It's nice to see them on here - they came out well. The Queen Mary is just ENORMOUS !!

The poor old QE2 didn't get much attention at all unfortunately!

She usually attracts a lot of people, but ended up looking quite small after Queen Mary left!

Anyway, it was a great day when they were both here. Great weather and great vibe - it was a cross between the olympics and NYE with all the fireworks!

Would have been lovely on the bridgeclimb to get the view and photos !! Woody - you are a week late !

A friend of mine showed me some of her pictures from a different perspective, so when I get them, I will hopefully get more posted too !!

OK - you've all seen Sydney harbour in one of it's finest moments - it's waiting for you to visit ! cool.gif

#33 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:56 PM

Hello Sandra,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures, it brought back memories to me. I was lucky enough to visit Sydney, Australia in 1982 and 1983. My mother has relatives that I stayed with who live in the Bellevue Hill area. One of them had a nice sail boat that we took out and sailed around the Sydney Harbor. It was wonderful to experience the harbor on a boat and to sail by the Opera House. Visiting Sydney, Australia was such a great experience. I agree with Sandra and suggest anyone who has the opportunity to travel there do so.

Thank You.
Ione

#34 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:45 AM

Hi Ione - you stayed in the right place in town! Bellevue Hill is one of the best!

ohmy.gif I think Woody has arrived in town. The sun and warmth has suddenly disappered and we are experiencing Chicago type weather - windy and stormy!

What happened? Major bummer ! sad.gif I think it's going to stay like this for the week, unfortunately - you won't be seeing Sydney at its brilliant best.

However, I look forward to meeting you and Troy and to have a few laughs anyway! cool.gif I'll bring the umbrella and we'll sail by the Opera House like Ione says - it's the best way to experience the harbour! wink.gif

Edited by Sandra, 26 February 2007 - 03:47 AM.

#35 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

smile.gif Ahhh . . . . the sun is out today - it has cleared up, despite the weather bureau saying it wouldn't.

Spoke to Woody this morning - my what a twang of an accent he has - didn't imagine he'd sound like that! ohmy.gif laugh.gif

We're meeting up this afternoon so I'm looking forward to that.

He also promised me he'd try the vegemite at breakfast tomorrow morning . . . . we'll see ! tongue.gif

Said he's had the Moreton Bay bugs and sampled a few Australian delicacies. Said he has had a wonderful time and incredible experience and doesn't want to leave the place . . . . . !

Gees! If you don't watch out, tourists will overcome this place and they'll all end up staying! (BIG JOKE!! We LOVE tourists!)

Don't worry - I will get him on that plane out of here! I'll tell him everybody misses him and needs him back to sell cheap solids to them!! laugh.gif

#36 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 01:41 AM

Hi Sandra,

Make him try the vegemite. I can still visualize sitting at the kitchen table at my cousins house there in Sydney and they made me try it. It looks like peanut butter, but tasted very salty.

On the subject of sightseeing, is Center Point still a place to go up and get a nice view of the city? I remember it had just opened when I was there in 1982?

Glad to hear the weather has cleared up and your having sunshine.

Enjoy your visit with Woody and please let us know what you all did.

Thanks for all your updates.

Ione

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:21 PM

cool.gif Yes Ione, Centrepoint Tower is still the place to get a good view of the larger cityscape and now (just last year) it opened a "skywalk" !! You can go outside the tower and walk around it, would you believe!! I haven't done it yet, but plan to this December with some guests from England. cool.gif

#38 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:59 PM

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in as we prepare to leave tomorrow..it has been an incredible trip! Had the wonderful pleasure of meeting Sandra last night..it was so fun to meet her and chat and she took us to Bondi Beach. Did the Bridge Climb this morning which was awesome!!! Will post a pic when we are home...

And yes, I promised Sandra I would try vegemite which I did this morning.... all I can say is......wink.gif

I will do a little write up when home....thanks again to Karen and Sandra for their wonderful hospitality!!

Woody

#39 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:59 AM

So glad to hear you had a good time on your trip. Hanging out with Solid people - way to go! biggrin.gif Can't wait to see some pics and hear some stories!

Safe home, take care biggrin.gif

#40 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:00 PM

smile.gif Hey Woody ! Glad to meet you and sad to see you go. sad.gif

You and Troy were lucky guys this week with the weather turning out just great ! wink.gif

I was so pleased to hear that you have had a great time over here and that there will be a 'next time'.

I enjoyed my time with you as well and am glad you tried the vegemite (on toast?) . . . . can I take it that you gave it the thumbs up? tongue.gif

Well I can only say that you two are so lovely that I could just adopt you ! biggrin.gif

Take care and have a good flight home! cool.gif

#41 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:02 PM

Hi everyone! We are home..arrived Thursday evening to very bad weather here in Chicago. It is cold and "yucky"...I WANT TO GO BACK TO AUSTRALIA!! It was a fantastic trip. We have lots of pictures, but had to share the one of Troy and I near the top of the Sydney Bridge. The climb was an awesome experience and I am so glad we did it, even if there were about 1250 steps involved!

Thanks again to my wonderful Australian friends who made us feel so welcome!

Woody

#42 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:48 PM

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=14][COLOR=purple]W[COLOR=blue]E[COLOR=red]L[COLOR=green]C[COLOR=gray]O[COLOR=yellow]M[COLOR=orange]E [COLOR=blue]H[COLOR=purple]O[COLOR=green]M[COLOR=red]E

#43 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=14][COLOR=purple]W[COLOR=blue]E[COLOR=red]L[COLOR=green]C[COLOR=gray]O[COLOR=yellow]M[COLOR=orange]E [COLOR=blue]H[COLOR=purple]O[COLOR=green]M[COLOR=red]E

#44 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

Oops! it was mean to say WELCOME HOME in many colors but I'm not great with this....sorry but welcome back and glad you had a good time.

#45 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:17 PM

Glad to hear you had a great trip! I think we all enjoyed the travelog. Hope you liked the Moreton Bay bugs and all the other Aussie goodies.

I am off tomorrow on the Holland America Veendam to Belize, Guatemala and Mexico - my first cruise. I will probably gain 10 pounds. I am looking forward to their Chocolate Extravaganza!

Ar

Edited by Ar, 03 March 2007 - 10:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users