• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 06:41 PM

Its actually been cold here in Houston this week. smile.gif I like cold and rainy days. smile.gif However, I'm NOT fond of wind. sad.gif

#17 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 08:35 PM

Well we finally had a dusting of snow and rain and wind and cold today...I guess Winter showed up for a short time...it all stopped as suddenly as it started so no accumulation at all...

#18 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

Sleet and snow in Chicago, but no accumulation....winter is here, finally!

#19 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:47 PM

My heart goes out to all you Europeans tonight. I hope everyone we know on this site and their family and friends are safe tonight. I just read some terrible weather reports including the death of a 2 year old child in London who died when bricks from a building hit him. The winds are hurricane force in parts of Europe.

Best of luck and great care to all of you. smile.gif

#20 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:40 PM

It's been snowing here all day! The snow will continue through Monday.
Thursday I went to the store to buy all sorts of goodies in case we get snowed
under biggrin.gif

#21 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:48 AM

Hi kk.... smile.gif

I am just the same. I only have to hear the word SNOW and I am off to the supermarket to stock up. The compulsion is so strong I think I must have been a settler in another life.... laugh.gif

Margaret

#22 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 08:26 AM

Hi KK, Hi Margaret smile.gif
I'm just the opposite. I took the opportunity of a lousy day to clean out my pantry and kitchen cabinets. I got rid all the old cans and stuff that's been in there for who remembers how long biggrin.gif Now when I open the pantry I can see what's in there and there's room! laugh.gif

Glad you're all "stocked up" and home safe.

Katita

#23 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hi Katita

Don't those old cans linger on. When we had a terrorist chemical alert I stocked up all the cabinets with tinned food....we were still working our way through it a year later.... ohmy.gif well you never know do you... dry.gif they could have come in handy.

Margaret....... laugh.gif

#24 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 10:08 AM

That's so true - I even said to my husband as we were packing up the stuff - now we'll get a blizzard and won't be able to get out of the house for weeks!

Actually, it's nice to finally see what was in there - you forget ya know? So far in New Jersey we had a dusting of snow that melted away quickly and one really chilly day. No winter for us, I guess it's in New Mexico and Europe! Right now it's sunny and a little cold, not freezing just cold.

I received a new curio cabinet for Christmas so I've been busy rearranging all my solids. I had really stuffed the one cabinet I had so it was time. Cold and crappy weather is good for working in the house.

Today is my wedding anniversary (17 years) so I'm not cooking or cleaning - that's celebration enough for me! It's a champagne day! Enjoy everyone!

Katita

#25 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

Well it's here

The snow that is.

It started yesterday evening and it looks like another day for us. mad.gif

Oh no it's not normal here, January is usually bright and sunny, but the weather seems to be in parallel with my life at the moment.

Having spent all weekend with our neighbours and friends moving all our worldly goods out of what's left of the barn, we thought it was time for a couple of "quiet" days!!!!!!!!!

Well instead our technical adviser arrived yestreday to finish the foundations this morning - pouring twelve tons of concrete in this weather wasn't funny.
But also yesterday afternoon I went to my freezer and could have cried. sad.gif
I had obviously not closed the door properly last time and it looks like the Ice Age just arrived.

It took the best part of four hours with a wooden spoon and ice pick to get it cleaned up. laugh.gif

So we had a nice meal last night and at two this morning the electricity went. blink.gif huh.gif ph34r.gif

Well the combination of snow, half a barn, no heating or cooking facilities for twelve hours - what's next????????????????

We'll probably wake up to find that we live on top of an extinct volcano which has just woken up - AND WE'RE TO BLAME FOR GLOBAL WARMING - arghhhhhhhhh

Katita - hope you had a great anniversary, you just reminded me we have a couple of bottles of bubbly stashed away - I'm feeling better already rolleyes.gif tongue.gif wink.gif

#26 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

Alright Caroline, you have won first prize in the "what could happen next?" award category. On the up side, everyone that could've happened, happened so now you should drink champagne and not worry. biggrin.gif

Hope everything comes together soon. Best to you.

#27 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:53 PM

Hi Caroline,

I think you deserve a medal just for being you. Perhaps a tap on the shoulder with a sword from the Queen.

ARISE, LADY CAROLINE...... laugh.gif laugh.gif

Margaret

#28 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 10:04 AM

The snow has finally come to New Jersey! I thought it would never get here laugh.gif There's not much of it but enough to cover the trees and shrubs and make them glisten in the sun.

#29 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

Well, I finally discovered where you first mentioned your Anniversary Katita! Just shows how I need
to catch up on all the posts! Like you, I use lousy weather to clean and clear!

Margaret, I don't think a tap on the shoulder with a sword for Caroline would be a good idea.
With Caroline's luck, it would be ''off with her head!''

Re the ice, I would have just boiled some hot water and steamed it or........poured the hot water over the ice. Maybe that would have caused problems??

I think Margaret and I will pay you a visit.............once the nice weather arrives!

ohmy.gif

#30 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:08 AM

Ok you girls and guys can keep your snow.

I don't want it....give me another day like yesterday......60 degree weather, bright and sunny with no rain in sight....In my mind that is perfect.

Snow is pretty to look at on the TV in far away lands, but not in Houston. Please just give me my nice warm sun

Kasi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users