Posted 12 May 2007 - 01:25 AM

Too bad it wasn't a solid collector. sad.gif

#47 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 03:10 AM

Woody, do you know the prices for the new solids? I'd like to know the full magnitude of the disaster that is about to hit my finances this year tongue.gif There is just too many solids to fall in love with biggrin.gif

Karin

#48 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 01:36 PM

HI everyone. Finally a few minutes to post some prices for the new solids. According to the sheets given out at the convention, this is what you will have to pay for the solids this year:

General Releases: $80 Jingle Bell (Beautiful), Little Teapot (Pleasures), Flower Cameo (Youth Dew), Glistening Snail (White Linen) , Harp (Pure White Linen)

I believe these will be at Saks:
Pretty Paisley $200 (Pleasures)
Jeweled Ornament $250 (Beautiful)
Treasured Hatbox $175 (White Linen)
Foo Dog $350 (Intuition)
Bonsai Tree $300 (Pure White Linen)
Precious Plane $300 (Beyond Paradise)

I believe these will be at Niemans:
Gilded Bird Cage $350 (Beyond Paradise)
Sparkling Sailboat $300 (Pleasures)
Bejeweled Butterfly $300 (Beautiful)
Twinkling Turtle $275 (Pure White Linen)
Great Wall $275 (Intuition)
Flutetring Feather $250 (White Linen)
Glorious Gramophone $325 (Beautiful)

If you buy all the solids, the total comes to $4050.00 blink.gif

I have posted a few more pics. No info on the powders yet.

Woody

Update 5/30: Added frangrance information for the new releases

Edited by klassicguy1, 30 May 2007 - 07:06 AM.

#49 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 04:39 PM

Thanks Woody smile.gif

Bet they are waiting for the compact convention to unveil the powders.

Margaret

#50 Pamela

Pamela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:07 PM

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=purple]
QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ May 20 2007, 02:36 PM)
HI everyone.  Finally a few minutes to post some prices for the new solids.  According to the sheets given out at the convention, this is what you will have to pay for the solids this year:

General Releases:  $80 Jingle Bell, Little Teapot, Flower Cameo, Glistening Snail, Harp

Pretty Paisley $200
Jeweled Ornament $250
Treasured Hatbox $175
Foo Dog $350
Bonsai Tree $300
Precious Plane $300

Gilded Bird Cage $350
Sparkling Sailboat $300
Bejeweled Butterfly $300
Twinkling Turtle $275
Great Wall $275
Flutetring Feather $250
Glorious Gramophone $325

I have posted a few more pics.  No info on the powders yet.

Woody

View Post

#51 Pamela

Pamela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

[FONT=Arial]
QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ May 20 2007, 02:36 PM)
HI everyone.  Finally a few minutes to post some prices for the new solids.  According to the sheets given out at the convention, this is what you will have to pay for the solids this year:

General Releases:  $80 Jingle Bell, Little Teapot, Flower Cameo, Glistening Snail, Harp

Pretty Paisley $200
Jeweled Ornament $250
Treasured Hatbox $175
Foo Dog $350
Bonsai Tree $300
Precious Plane $300

Gilded Bird Cage $350
Sparkling Sailboat $300
Bejeweled Butterfly $300
Twinkling Turtle $275
Great Wall $275
Flutetring Feather $250
Glorious Gramophone $325

I have posted a few more pics.  No info on the powders yet.

Woody

View Post

[COLOR=purple]Thanks Woody and Phyllis, your efforts are much appreciated. biggrin.gif

If you add the Harrods solids and tax, it will cost ovr $6,000 to purchase all of them. sad.gif That's a lot of money for less perfume and craftsmanship than we used to receive. Those magnetic closures don't do a lot for me, and I don't hear the words 22 karat gold plated anymore. unsure.gif
I'm very happy that we already have a rather sizable collection to display, so maybe it's time to stop and send the EL execs a message. cool.gif

#52 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

QUOTE(Pamela @ May 21 2007, 01:39 AM)
[FONT=Arial]

[COLOR=purple]Thanks Woody and Phyllis, your efforts are much appreciated.  biggrin.gif 

If you add the Harrods solids and tax, it will cost ovr $6,000 to purchase all of them.  sad.gif  That's a lot of money for less perfume and craftsmanship than we used to receive.  Those magnetic closures don't do a lot for me, and I don't hear the words 22 karat gold plated anymore.  unsure.gif
I'm very happy that we already have a rather sizable collection to display, so maybe it's time to stop and send the EL execs a message.  cool.gif

View Post

HI Pamela. I had added it all up to. I have honed down my purchases to about 5 from the entire grouping, those that I really like. I may buy more, but not at retail. I will just wait a few months and purchase from resellers. ph34r.gif I am so glad for the old ones I have!

Woody

#53 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:02 PM

I also plan to buy only a few. Probably:

Foo Dog $350
Bonsai Tree $300
Precious Plane $300
Glorious Gramophone $325
Harp
Ar

Edited by Ar, 21 May 2007 - 03:08 PM.

#54 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:22 PM

My picks are the:

Harrods Bear
Harrods Shopper (?)
Plane
Jingle Bell
Ornament

Woody

#55 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:21 PM

I realise that I will have to get a second job to pull this one off ohmy.gif My choice will be:
Great Wall
Harp
and hopefully the rest of them a lot cheaper tongue.gif

Karin

#56 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:26 AM

Hi All! biggrin.gif
Thanks Woody for all the info. smile.gif I don't think I will buy any of the new ones at full price - I see too many 2006 on Ebay with a starting bid of $9.99!!

I will probably buy the Harrods as I don't see many Harrods on Ebay, except maybe the Teddy Bear.

I've been concentrating on finding the older ones that I still don't have. I recently purchased the Love Locket from 1977. That's where I'm putting my $$ these days. biggrin.gif

I really like the Great Wall and the Foo Dog but I still think they'll be cheap in a matter of months.

I am looking forward to the convention, though. I like to see my Solid Friends! laugh.gif

Take care all, Katita

#57 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 07:09 AM

Hi everyone! For those that are interested, I have added the fragrance information to the new releases noted earlier. You can go back and look at my modifed post.

Woody

#58 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 06 June 2007 - 10:10 AM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ May 30 2007, 12:09 PM)
Hi everyone! For those that are interested, I have added the fragrance information to the new releases noted earlier.  You can go back and look at my modifed post.

Woody

View Post

Woody
I looked at your post and the pics.....quite an education. Were your photo's bad?( I doubt it) or has estee changed the gold that they are using....they don't look as shiney and sleek as they used to. They look more like the immitation ones that come out of china, .....except the strongwaters, which look just like all the strongwaters. I never really cared for the strongwaters, but this year, it looks like they are heads above the rest of them except maybe the jingle bell which is cute.

I really like the bonsai tree and the foo dog....

Lisa, good to see you back, I too was disgusted at EL for the warehouse sales , sorta reminds me of how TY warner shot himself in the foot with his marketing plan. I wonder if EL's marketing plan will backfire on them too. How long will it be before no one buys retail and just waits for it to hit the warehouse market and the cosmetic company store before buying?

For those of you looking for older solids, think I'll list a few more for sale in a new post here later today.

Kasi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users