• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 01:24 PM

Hello Everyone: I've been silent for a while on this site, but now I have exciting news for all.
At the upcoming May 3-6. 2007 convention for the International Perfume Bottle Association, Crowne Plaza Ravinia Hotel, Atlanta, Georgia, we will again have participation by Estee Lauder corporate.
Donna Vincenzo, Executive Director of Estee Lauder Global Promotions Marketing will be giving a presentation which will preview the Fall '07 collection of solid perfumes and pressed powder compacts. The US and International collections, as well as limited edition collection of fragrance items will also be presented. Donna has been with Estee Lauder since 1991, and has served in a number of key positions with the company.
In addition the company will be participating in the Exhibit Show and Sale, at which representatives will be taking pre-sell orders for their Fall '07 collection. Comps of final pieces will be on display.
As a bonus to the IPBA for our raffle, the company has donated an exclusive Solid Perfume lockable box that was made only for the famous Harrod's department store in London. Only 55 were produced and each one is numbered; this is number 6 of 55. The velvet tray is meant to display five Estee Lauder solids -- the Harrod's Palace, Harrod's Teddy Bear, Double Decker Bus, Clock Tower, and World Traveler. The box will be raffled empty for some lucky convention attendee to fill. This box with its five solids sold for approximately GBP 1,000 ($1,800). The dark blue lacquer box is very large and heavy; 22-1/2 inches long, 5-1/2 inches wide, and 7 inches deep. In addition it comes in its padded outer box.
If you would like to see photos, just email me at LenoreHiers@cs.com.
Plan to attend this great convention in May! You can find out much more about our Asssociation at www.perfumebottles.org.
Lenore Worth Hiers, past president IPBA

#2 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 03:10 PM

Thanks Lenore for the update.

When will the register forms be on the IPBA web site??

Ann

#3 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

Wow! What great news! I plan on being there for sure..

Woody

#4 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 10:12 AM

QUOTE(Ann and Ken @ Jan 2 2007, 08:10 PM)

Thanks Lenore for the update.

When will the register forms be on the IPBA web site??

Ann

View Post

Should be on there soon. Plus flyers are almost in the mail. See you there!

#5 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

Wonderful to hear there will be something special for solid perfume collectors. The IPBA conventions are always tops - fun and informative.

#6 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 09:45 PM

It sounds great - I'm so disappointed I won't be able to attend. sad.gif

Whoever attends, please keep us informed of all the fun! Thanks biggrin.gif

#7 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

biggrin.gif What a great incentive to go !!

Pity it's a long way to travel for me!! Will have to live it through a nice person who goes and who posts on this site.

Good luck to all who go and try to win the 'prize' ! cool.gif

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Thanks Lenore for the update. Would love to attend!

I did see the boxes in Harrods. Wonderful prize for a raffle! Those tickets will be red hot. Any chance we can buy a ticket without attending ph34r.gif

Missed you in London for the last Convention. Although there were not so many people this time around, the content was really good and interesting.

For all the U.K members here on the site, to join the U.K. Chapter is very inexpensive. I shall find the link, unless someone else puts it up before me.

smile.gif

#9 LenoreHiers

LenoreHiers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:30 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Jan 8 2007, 08:42 PM)
Thanks Lenore for the update.    Would love to attend!   

I did see the boxes in Harrods.    Wonderful prize for a raffle!    Those tickets will be red hot.      Any chance we can buy a ticket without attending ph34r.gif

Missed you in London for the last Convention.      Although there were not so many people this time around, the content was really good and interesting.

For all the U.K members here on the site, to join the U.K. Chapter is very inexpensive.  I shall find the link, unless someone else puts it up before me.

smile.gif

View Post

I missed seeing everyone in London last year! I think of you often.
Re the Harrod's box, sorry, but you must be a convention attendee to purchase tickets to the raffle, although you don't have to be present to win. I currently have the box in my possession and it is truly a fabulous item. Best wishes!

#10 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 11:39 AM

Wish I could get to this but I can't this year. I've never been to Atlanta and was looking forward to it. Still, I met two ladies at work yesterday and they were asking me for information and me being the chatty kind I asked where they were from. They were from Atlanta, so I said I had been intending going there for a convention but now I was 'double booked'. They asked what kind of convention and when I told them one of them said she had just started collecting scent bottles! How about that for a coincidence. I was able to tell them when but couldn't remember where but told them to check the website for information. They are coming back on Sunday so I may look out an old magazine for them and see if I bump into them again. So if any of you meet a local who says she found out about it whilst on holiday in Scotland you know who sent (scent) them.

#11 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 09:27 AM

Hi everone! Can't believe it is only a little over a month until the IPBA Convention in Atlanta! I have my reservations made and am looking forward to meeting my Solidperfume.com friends there. If you need info on the convention, here is the link to the website:

http://www.perfumebo.../convention.cfm

Have a great day!

Woody

#12 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:16 PM

Thanks for reminding us, Woody. I kept thinking it was at the end of May. I might have shown up 2 weeks late! LOL I hope it is going to be full of the usual fun things. I have talked to several S. Fla. IPBA members that are going to be there.

#13 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 12:49 PM

Have you seen the pictures of the Harrods box on the IPBA site? I can't identify any of the solids that are displayed in it blink.gif Is it a preview of some kind? Any suggestions?

A very confused Karin blink.gif

#14 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:26 AM

Me too - I like the ship but I can't tell what the others are - I wonder if they're the new Harrods solids. Nice container but I don't think it's worth $1800 USD.

HAPPY SPRING EVERYONE!!

Katita

#15 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 04 April 2007 - 09:28 PM

What looks like a ship must be the White Linen World Traveler. Was that a Harrod's exclusive we didn't hear about here in the US? Perhaps our solid perfume friends in the UK can help us out and idenify the mystery solid!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users