• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 26 April 2002 - 11:17 PM

i sold someone on ebay a solid perfume... everything is good condition, i even check it before sending ....
but when she received it she says that there a crysta lor rhinestone is missing wanted replacement or refund! [Eek!]

I am a honest person, she mention she feel cheated.... I ask a picture of the solid where the missing stone and I compare to my
the picture looks fishy......

What should I do... seems like ebay only protect the buyer not the seller? [Confused]

anyone encounter these before and care to share how you counter the problem....

#2 Lisa

Lisa

2000 Post Member

• Admin
  • 2,990 posts

Posted 27 April 2002 - 03:04 PM

Hello,

This is a tough situation, I guess a couple of things would factor into the solution.
Was the solid insured?
What is the feedback profile of the person that purchased from you?
Do you have a good photo of the solid where the stone is missing?
Did the buyer check the box the solid was packaged in for the missing stone?

#3 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 April 2002 - 10:24 AM

thanks lisa for the advise,

no it's insure.. the feedback is at 19 positive, syes, she has send me her copy of photo to compare to my... can i email it to you and can you have alook...a dn give yoiur comment. The buyer insists that she confirm not seeing any stones from the packing.. claim she unpack on a hugh table.... [Confused] [Mad] [Eek!] [Confused]

#4 Maeuschen

Maeuschen

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 04:00 AM

Hi Ringmaster !
I think its not your fault ( the missing stone ).
Sometimes the people at the customs office dont take care of these expensive collection pieces.
One time I got my cats meow with a broken heat. I could replace it but I dont get a excuse.

But maybe you or the buyer can get help from Estee Lauder or the Swarovski company. Tell them wich solid it was and than they now the colour for the stone. Maybe they will send some to you.

I often heart about missing stones and that is very annoying when you dont can replace them.

Even when a clear stone is missing you have a problem because the swarovski stones have more clearance than others and you see it when you take a "normal" one.

I hope you can get help there.

Best wishes !
Michaela

#5 ringmaster888

ringmaster888

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 May 2002 - 04:11 AM

thanks maeuschen for the advise.... the buyer file a complain via the Square deal.... and requested exhange or refund..... and I reply as your suggestion on replacing her the similar stone either from Estee Lauder or Swarovski ..... hopefuly she can accept [Frown]

#6 Guest_cracklinandsweet_*

Guest_cracklinandsweet_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2002 - 04:36 PM

Hello ringmaster,
You have probably resolved this problem by now. But I would advise adding a paragraph to your listings in the future. We (ebay ID cracklinandsweet) always have a section that says we pack our items to arrive safely, but once it leaves our hands, we cannot guarantee its condition and we recommend insurance. If you like, you may copy it from one of our listings. We also always wrap anything with small parts or stones in a clear plastic bag first (like a sandwich or Ziplock bag), so that buyers might see something damaged before the open it. If you put this clause with your listings and you wrap items very securely, yet the buyer still complains, I would simply point out that you recommended insurance, but they declined. For more expensive items, it sometimes is worth paying for it yourself if the buyer does not just to insure you against a potential headache [Smile] . Best of luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users