3 replies to this topic

#1 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 10:03 AM

Hi everyone,

I've changed my normal colour from a cool blue to RED - why? well you won't believe what happened on Wednesday. mad.gif

Paul and I got up as normal and were outside with some friends who had just arrived. We started walking toward the garden when Paul looked and couldn't believe his eyes. ohmy.gif sad.gif

Instead of our (reasonably tidy) green lawn we now have what looks like a ploughed field. blink.gif

It seems we have had a new team of gardeners in overnight, WILD BOAR!!!!!! ph34r.gif

When my mum visited here in September she planted hundreds of spring bulbs in the lawn - a very nice thought. rolleyes.gif However the BOAR were even more appreciative - mmmmmmmm yum yum!!!!!! blink.gif huh.gif

Actually, judging by the size of the hoof print, I think they may have been Hippopotamus!!! laugh.gif tongue.gif

I'm not sure if I can salvage any of the bulbs, and spring will not be quite as colourful as expected, but life here is never dull!!!!! laugh.gif wink.gif

#2 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:38 PM

Oh my! ohmy.gif
Maybe you can train Freddie & Jackson to be watch cats biggrin.gif
I can imagine the shock! I hope a few of the bulbs come up in the spring. smile.gif

#3 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 12:56 PM

Hi Caroline......... smile.gif

I would get the guns out and set up a shooting party, wild boar for Christmas dinner....YUM YUM and think of the pate, just heaven, not to mention all the sausages done with garlic......

Margaret..... wink.gif

#4 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:28 PM

Caroline-
Margaret has a good point and like KK I hope some bulbs will pop out next spring. You are right life is never dull. Currently on our ranch we have had problems with rabbits off and on throughout the year. Concerning my solid perfume collection, I only have one rabbit which I bought in 1992. That was before we had any of the real rabbits around. But I can't bring myself to purchase any of the rabbits issued from 2000 on (even though they may be wonderful pieces) because of what we have had to deal with in real life. Our rabbits when we have been gone have worked their way into the house basement and eaten various things...not fun...not to mention the clean up. Yes, life is never dull. smile.gif

Gigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users