17 replies to this topic

#16 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:44 PM

Hello 2cute4u2

Its so sad when a much loved pet comes to the end of its life, my heart goes out to you.

We had a British Blue cat and he also had liver failure and I had to hold him and talk to him whilst the vet put him to sleep.....My husband and I cried for two days.

I send you my kind regards.

Margaret

#17 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:43 PM

Hi 2cute4u2,

We also had a much beloved chow who became unable to eat and Don took him to the vet and held him while he was put to sleep. It's been a year and we still think about him often. People who don't own pets just don't understand. It's like losing one of your children.

We took Cinnabar to Don's dad's ranch and buried him and piled rocks on his grave so he wouldn't be disturbed. We visit him often.

Our two daschunds have helped us to get over the pain to an extent but it will always be there.

Just know that we really sympathize with your pain and wish we could help you. sad.gif

Still, we wish everyone a Happy New Year and wishes for a great 2007. smile.gif

user posted image

Margaret

Edited by Don and Margaret, 28 December 2006 - 07:52 PM.

#18 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 12:53 PM

Thank you EVERYONE for your kind words as they help me get through the holidays. You are so right when you say that people who do not own animals, do not (and never will) understand our grief at the loss of a pet.

I had Sam cremated and his ashes are in the family room (den) where we all sit at night and where he cuddles with us.

Again, thank you for your kind words.

Barb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users