25 replies to this topic

#16 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 05:36 AM

Kasi, I agree with you, I've been collecting the cameos for a few years now, I love them. I'm only missing a few of the older ones now and I always buy the cameos when they come out. You're not alone biggrin.gif in this.

Great luck to all collectors out there - here's hoping you find yours! laugh.gif

Katita

#17 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:45 PM

Hello Everyone and Katita, talking of older solids, our Panda has made a comeback!

Wish I could find one in an antiques market together with the Princess!
But, am so pleased to see another Panda has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

smile.gif smile.gif

#18 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:41 PM

?? blink.gif Are you talking about 'Bob' ??? unsure.gif

#19 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:42 AM

Who is BOB? I just put a bid on the panda that is on ebay, but my bid is so low, i know I won't get it....sigh, but thought I would try anyhow. The last panda went for almost 4000.

Kasi

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:52 AM

Yes Sandra! Uncle Bob, no less! He has been hiding for a while and
Lola is sooooooo delighted to see him!

For all of you who were not around when he made his first appearance,
some of us on the site wrote a long story about him....and he gave us a
great deal of fun and laughs! smile.gif

This is a very rare solid perfume and I have only seen one ever surface
for sale!

Good Luck! And Kasi, I expect you will find a way to win him over! cool.gif

smile.gif

#21 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 04:03 AM

oh no Jacqueline. I can no way afford to go as high as he did last time. I am too broke....boohoo. I would trade my carousel for the panda, but even that much money is not going to be enough for this solid, it is so rare. I didn't even try for the princess cause I knew she was way out of my price range but not all collectors shop ebay, so maybe they won't see the panda and I can snag him at a very low price....giggle....I know I am dreaming, cause I know even Woody will outbid my lowely bid...LOL...but I thought I would give it my best shot..

Kasi

#22 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:13 PM

I never knew this panda existed! I want him, but not for even $2K! I just won the Contented Cat and Nesting Duck (no boxes) on ebay for $99 each.
Ar

Edited by Ar, 21 September 2006 - 12:19 PM.

#23 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:38 PM

it's really sad to see the ivory series of solids, bringing so little on ebay these days....But I guess as the older collectors pass on then their treasurers get sold by people who do not value them , the way we old timers did.

You got a great buy on a very old solid, that will only gain in value, if more collectors come into the market looking for the older solids. But I find so many of the newer collectors value only the solids with BLING, and don't appreciate the beauty and simplicity of the older solids.

I paid over $300 for mine several years ago and were delighted to get them at such a low price. But as life styles change and tastes change, prices change....oh for the old days....

and sigh, I knew I would get outbid on the panda.....boohoo...If I had the money now I did a few years ago, I would still be in the bidding....oh well, sigh..I hope he goes to a great home but unfortunately it won't be mine....bye BOB

Kasi

#24 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(Ar @ Sep 9 2006, 06:14 PM)
What are your top favorite new solids for the 2006 holiday season?
Which are your least favorite?

My favorites:
1.GARDEN RABBIT  --    ADORABLE...DESTINED TO BE A CLASSIC                           
2. DELIGHTFUL TEAPOT
3. MAGICAL PITCHER

Least favorite:
SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE --    SO DISAPPOINTING!
Unseen, but most anxious to buy:
DOUBLE DECKER BUS
Ar

View Post

Top of my list of likes is: Harrods Clock Tower
Dislike most: the (Eiffel) Tower.
I guess I have a love/hate relationship with towers rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

MitziMay

#25 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:10 PM

Kasi, I tend not to agree with you wholeheartedly re the Ivory Series. Did
you seen the broken Kissing Fish and what that sold for? I never expected
it to sell for the price it did in that condition.

Also, prices are climbing again. Many Collectors were away over the summer
holidays and had other expenses. It happens every year! Watch for
the lead up to Christmas. And yes, many of the new Collectors are looking
for the solids with ''bling'' but later they will appreciate the older solids. It
takes time and it is also a learning process. There are new collectors over
here in the U.K. and one or two of them are in touch due to having bought
something from me. They remind me of myself when I started out, so
I don't think one should give up! (Well that's a loaded comment)!! I personally have some wonderful old
solids in my collection. The Snow Lion etc. I do have others and it took me
a long time to find my Dragon and Jester to name a few.....

So by writing on the site, it will give the new collectors ideas and once
they realise there are much sought after solids without any bling, I am sure
they will continue, as we are,to collect them when they have the opportunity
to find them and afford them at the time.....

And Ar you may find yourself eating your words in the future. I thought the same
thing when I first saw the Panda ! It was so exciting watching the auction and we were all so happy and elated when a member from here won! Now, I would love to have him here in my
collection!

wink.gif

#26 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Sep 26 2006, 09:10 PM)
.    I thought the same
thing when I first saw the Panda !  It was so exciting watching the auction and we were all so happy and elated when a member from here won!    Now, I would love to have him here in my
collection!   

wink.gif

View Post

I would also love to have him(the panda) in my collection, but he is wayyyy out of my price range now....Maybe after I get my house paid off next March and my car paid off, then I can go back to saving money to buy some of the solids back that I sold, and to buy others that I truely want. But for now at least selling off my solid collection to help pay for all the havoc caused by back to back hurricane(Katrina and Rita) has convinced me more and more, that the precious little things that we collect do hold their value and are worth the money spent , as an investment, if nothing else....LOL...forget the fact that I really love them. But they helped me in a time of need, and when I finally get back in the black again, I will start rebuying them. I know I won't always be broke...giggle...in fact I now can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just wish the process of rebuilding didn't take so long,....can you tell I'm impatient....LOL.

The key currently to my buying is to find something that is mis id'ed and in the wrong category that nobody else spots.....but that takes hours of searching and scrolling, sometimes I have the time and sometimes i don't.

Also in the future when I buy, I plan not to care about the boxes, they just get in the way, sit in the attic, and gather dirt...LOL. I have about 60 more solids to sell that still have the boxes, and when the last boxes are gone, that's it for me...no more boxes...LOL. I also have learned that sellers on ebay don't know how to spell....GIGGLE.

Kasi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users