• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:51 PM

To our Aussie friends. I feel so sad about the Croc Hunter. He was a great ambassador for your country. I love Australia and its wildlife. He did so much for it. It would be nice if Lauder did a memorial piece - a croc. It could be nice if it had a lot of bling. Just a thought, but I'm really more interested in expressing my condolences to his fellow Australians.
Ar

#2 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 10:31 PM

Thank you Ar
It is very sad - he certainly was a great conservationist and a wonderful ambassador for Australia. I had no idea how well known and how loved and respected he was worldwide - it is indeed a great loss to our planet.

Karen sad.gif

#3 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hello Ar and Karen, and all our Ozzie friends! There is a site on AOL where
you can write a note of sympathy.

I really loved his programmes and can still hear his voice yelling ''crikey'. He
was a great character and well known on this side of the ocean!

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:52 PM

Yeah - a croc would be GRRREAT !!

This guy didnt deserve to go out so early, but realistically, he 'worked' with deadly animals every day and on film, looked to have at least 2000 lives!!

He ran out of luck I think because he actually made an error of judgement. I don't think that it was a 'freak' attack as has been reported in some media.

If you swim or come from behind any animal and cast a shadow over it, they think they are under attack and have mechanisms to stop their prey and make a get away. ANY animal (or human) would react like that if under threat. It's just a shame he wasn't prepared for the sting and didn't even seem to have any protection on for being in the water with deadly animals (which was the documentary he was filming).

Anyway, poor guy and poor family. Our hearts do go out to them. There has been many tribute shows about him, and it is a sad loss for the country. sad.gif

#5 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 03:29 PM

Now that a little time has passed we want to say how sorry we are that Steves' life was ended so early. sad.gif

His enthusiasm for his work and the animals was contagious and came across well on tv. We really think this is one man who was thought well of all over the world. Australia is justly proud of him.

There has been a tv interview with Steves' wife and Barbara Walters. She (Steves' wife) was brave to do this when you could tell that she was still heartbroken. One of the bravest things we have ever seen and just heartbreaking to watch. Their love of each other and their children was plain to see.

Sometimes a life is ended early that makes you wonder how the older man would have been. Steve has left a great legacy in his short time and our sympathy is with his family and all the Aussies that knew and loved him. wub.gif wub.gif

Crikey smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users