• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 06:50 PM

Maybe EL is now doing what many other retailers are doing. They sell surplus merchandise to people who bid on pallets. Then the merchandise is resold, usually on ebay. Macy's does this all the time - a lot of it is customer returns.
Ar

#17 KAYENORBURY

KAYENORBURY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE(Ar @ Oct 12 2006, 11:50 PM)
Maybe EL is now doing what many other retailers are doing. They sell surplus merchandise to people who bid on pallets. Then the merchandise is resold, usually on ebay. Macy's does this all the time - a lot of it is customer returns.
Ar

View Post

HELLO I AM A NEW MEMEBER FROM THE UK, AND I AM FASCINATED BY THIS TOPIC OF WAREHOUSE SELLERS OF ESTEE LAUDER COMPACTS / SOLIDS, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT WAREHOUSE SELLERS AND WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, MANY THANKS KAYE

#18 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE(KAYENORBURY @ Oct 24 2006, 05:29 PM)
HELLO I AM A NEW MEMEBER FROM THE UK, AND I AM FASCINATED BY THIS TOPIC OF WAREHOUSE SELLERS OF ESTEE LAUDER COMPACTS / SOLIDS, COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME ABOUT WAREHOUSE SELLERS AND WHAT ITS ALL ABOUT, MANY THANKS KAYE

View Post

Hi Kay, it seems there are wharehousesales every feww weeks or months and people can buy estee compacts at discounted prices. I have heard as i said before that someone buys entire pallets of compacts direct from the wharehouse even before they get to the employees at the sales. I guess the job to have is one with estee lauder company.

#19 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 06:17 PM

Whole pallets of compacts?? Judging by the number of empty powder compacts that particular New York area Ebay sellers keep listing, I would believe it...... mad.gif

#20 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Oct 12 2006, 10:58 PM)
CRIKEY !!  Employees selling 'tickets' to the warehouse sale!?!?!?!  Employees getting things ultra cheap and making bucket loads on Ebay . . . . !

Anyone would think that EL couldn't afford to pay their staff so this is how they have to make their living!  Of course another upside to it is they don't have to pay tax !

I find this all utterly ridiculous.  Again, I urge people NOT to pay big bucks buying these ex-warehouse goods off Ebay so that EL get the message that collectors are NOT happy !!

I stopped buying new solids about 2 years ago because of this !  GRRRR !!!  mad.gif

View Post

Hi Sandra

I for one have lost total respect for the company. Estee Lauder would be turning in her grave if she knew the way her vast empire was now being run!
I remember some time back going into a cosmetic store, my first visit there for 6 months and I was told that I could only have one $60 compact. Double standards?????

MitziMay
sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

#21 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:24 AM

QUOTE(klassicguy1 @ Oct 24 2006, 11:17 PM)
Whole pallets of compacts??  Judging by the number of empty powder compacts that particular New York area Ebay sellers keep listing, I would believe it...... mad.gif

View Post

At this rate the pallets will be worth more than the compacts biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

MitziMay

#22 KAYENORBURY

KAYENORBURY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE(MitziMay @ Oct 26 2006, 06:24 AM)
At this rate the pallets will be worth more than the compacts  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

MitziMay

View Post

I HAVE AN EVEN BETTER ONE FOR YOU, I LIVE IN THE UK, AND THE MORE UNUSUAL ESTEE LAUDER COMPACTS ARE DIFFICULT TO FIND HERE, YOU CAN GO INTO OUR DEBENHAMS DEPARTMENT STORES AND SOMETIMES FIND THE ZODIAC POWDER COMPACTS BUT THE SOLIDS SEEM TO BE LIMITED TO THE LIKES OF HARRODS, BUT AT A PRICE !!! LET ME GIVE YOU SOME EXAMPLES I HAVE THE NEW HARRODS 2006 ESTEE LAUDER BROUCHUR S0 HERE GOES, THE NEW WHITE LINEN GARDEN RABBIT SELLS FOR 225.00 - THE STRAWBERY SURPRISE 200.00 THE WHITE LINEN HOLIDAY NUTCRACKER 90.00 JUST FOR EXAMPLE, SO DO YOUR SUMS AT AN EXCHANGE RATE OF APPROX $1.81 DOLLARS TO THE POUND THEY ARE SELLING THE GARDEN RABBIT FOR EXAMPLE AT APPROX $407 COMPARED TO $ 250 IN THE US, SO ESTEE LAUDER SEEM TO BE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US HERE IN THE UK - A POLITE WAY OF PUTTING IT - KAYE

#23 ck2005

ck2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(KAYENORBURY @ Oct 26 2006, 04:25 PM)
I HAVE AN EVEN BETTER ONE FOR YOU, I LIVE IN THE UK, AND THE MORE UNUSUAL ESTEE LAUDER COMPACTS ARE DIFFICULT TO FIND HERE, YOU CAN GO INTO OUR DEBENHAMS DEPARTMENT STORES AND SOMETIMES FIND THE ZODIAC POWDER COMPACTS BUT THE SOLIDS SEEM TO BE LIMITED TO THE LIKES OF HARRODS, BUT AT A PRICE !!! LET ME GIVE YOU SOME EXAMPLES I HAVE THE NEW HARRODS 2006 ESTEE LAUDER BROUCHUR S0 HERE GOES, THE NEW WHITE LINEN GARDEN RABBIT SELLS FOR 225.00 - THE STRAWBERY SURPRISE 200.00 THE WHITE LINEN HOLIDAY NUTCRACKER 90.00 JUST FOR EXAMPLE, SO DO YOUR SUMS AT AN EXCHANGE RATE OF APPROX $1.81 DOLLARS TO THE POUND THEY ARE SELLING THE GARDEN RABBIT FOR EXAMPLE AT APPROX $407 COMPARED TO $ 250 IN THE US, SO ESTEE LAUDER SEEM TO BE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US  HERE IN THE UK - A POLITE WAY OF PUTTING IT - KAYE

View Post

Hi, this is my first post here on the site. We have the same issues in Australia as well. In the brochure I received here in Australia, for example the Opera House is $650AUS, if you assume the dollar is worth 0.74US dollars that makes it equvalent to $480US. The garden rabbit is $550aus, so that makes it $407US just the same virtually as you are paying in the UK.

I AGREE WITH YOU - ESTEE LAUDER ARE DEFINATELY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US mad.gif

#24 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE(ck2005 @ Oct 26 2006, 09:54 AM)
Hi, this is my first post here on the site. We have the same issues in Australia as well. In the brochure I received here in Australia, for example the Opera House is $650AUS, if you assume the dollar is worth 0.74US dollars that makes it equvalent to $480US.  The garden rabbit is $550aus, so that makes it $407US just the same virtually as you are paying in the UK. 

I AGREE WITH YOU - ESTEE LAUDER ARE DEFINATELY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US  mad.gif

View Post

Welcome to the solidperfume website ck2005!

MitziMay
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

#25 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 09:17 AM

Welcome to the site, ck2005..... smile.gif

Trying to buy solids and powders in England has always been difficult and now that Harrods have the monopoly its even harder. The price difference between England and the US is way over the top.....so yes, someone is making a lot of money out of the British buyers, WELL NOT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!. mad.gif I have always been a MIB buyer but not any more, what with the wearhouse sales and cheap prices on ebay I now feel that my whole collection is devalued......So guess what ohmy.gif I HAVE STOPPED BUYING.

If good friends are taking a trip over the water then I will ask them to bring back anything I really like.....but as far as I'm concerned Estee Lauder has BLOWN IT, BIG TIME.

My best wishes to you all.......Margaret

#26 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 06:48 PM

OOh, Margaret, Estee Lauder has really messed up. To lose a loyal customer like you will cost them dearly. I slowed down a couple years ago but this year the Saks compacts lured me back... wish I had more will power!
Ar
QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Oct 26 2006, 02:17 PM)

Trying to buy solids and powders in England has always been difficult and now that Harrods have the monopoly its even harder. The price difference between England and the US is way over the top.....so yes, someone is making a lot of money out of the British buyers, WELL NOT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!.  mad.gif  I have always been a MIB buyer but not any more, what with the wearhouse sales and cheap prices on ebay I now feel that my whole collection is devalued......So guess what  ohmy.gif  I HAVE STOPPED BUYING.

If good friends are taking a trip over the water then I will ask them to bring back anything I really like.....but as far as I'm concerned Estee Lauder has BLOWN IT, BIG TIME.

View Post

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(ck2005 @ Oct 26 2006, 09:54 AM)
Hi, this is my first post here on the site. We have the same issues in Australia as well. In the brochure I received here in Australia, for example the Opera House is $650AUS, if you assume the dollar is worth 0.74US dollars that makes it equvalent to $480US.  The garden rabbit is $550aus, so that makes it $407US just the same virtually as you are paying in the UK. 

I AGREE WITH YOU - ESTEE LAUDER ARE DEFINATELY TAKING ADVANTAGE OF US  mad.gif

View Post

Hi fellow aussie member. Don't forget to import costs us dearly in customs duty, so David Jones aren't make bucket loads as their advertising costs etc. would add up. However, I am not saying that they aren't overpriced, as I think they are. Before the internet and Ebay, they used to sell them for TWICE that price, would you believe? And yes, they had a lot of customers.

Internet has made the whole world aware of prices overseas and the ease of getting them has made the retailers have to work harder for their $$$.

We don't need to buy from the stores here as we can buy direct from O/S and not have to pay the customs duty for goods under $900.00, so we are way ahead already, even if we take the cost of shipping into account. However, if we do this, we buy them unseen, so sometimes that's a bummer, and sometimes it's a pleasant surprise. cool.gif

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Oct 26 2006, 02:17 PM)

Trying to buy solids and powders in England has always been difficult and now that Harrods have the monopoly its even harder. The price difference between England and the US is way over the top.....so yes, someone is making a lot of money out of the British buyers, WELL NOT THIS ONE!!!!!!!!.  mad.gif  I have always been a MIB buyer but not any more, what with the wearhouse sales and cheap prices on ebay I now feel that my whole collection is devalued......So guess what  ohmy.gif  I HAVE STOPPED BUYING.

View Post

I and a few others have felt like this for a few years, Margaret - thanks for jumping on the bandwagon - EL will feel the pinch, don't worry. By then hopefully they will go back to basic customer service and quality control, though when we discussed this a while ago I recall some members were afraid they would stop producing them at all because of the drop in the market!! This was alarming, but who knows what will happen ultimately!

I'm like the Caretaker (Ron) who simply says that we should enjoy them while we have them - so, enjoy your collection and try not to regret the $$$ or pounds spent. cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users