• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:27 AM

Does anyone know how many warehouse sales there are per year? Sure seem to be a good many from the listings on ebay. Now even the LV solids. Wonder if there will be some Harrods soon. Maybe I should cancel my order and wait and see? Sometimes I feel that EL thinks I have a big S (for stupid) in the middle of my forehead for buying new at dept. store prices.

Sorry for the venting but the warehouse sales really tick me off.

#2 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:36 AM

I FEEL JUST THE SAME, THE WAREHOUSE SALES ARE THE REASON I HAVE STOPPED BUYING SO MANY SOLIDS AND E.L. POWDERS.

I BUY AT FULL PRICE THEN THEY GET DEVALUED ......... sad.gif

IT MAKES ME MAD.... mad.gif

Margaret

#3 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 02:40 PM

QUOTE(P.E.Parry @ Sep 6 2006, 02:27 PM)

Does anyone know how many warehouse sales there are per year?  Sure seem to be a good many from the listings on ebay. Now even the LV solids.  Wonder if there will be some Harrods soon.  Maybe I should cancel my order and wait and see?  Sometimes I feel that EL thinks I have a big S (for stupid) in the middle of my forehead for buying new at dept. store prices.

View Post

I am with you! Which LV solids are being listed now? I haven't seen them yet.....EL will stand up and tell you that they don't do warehouse sales, or they limit buyers at these events, blah, blah, blah.... mad.gif I am only buying 1-2 of the new ones as I know that they will show up on Ebay eventually..and I don't care about the boxes anymore as they just take up space. This is also why I believe the older ones will keep going up and up...they truly are limited and desireable.

#4 Joni

Joni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:26 PM

Does anyone know when the warehouse sales started? Has it been in the
last few years??
Thanks, Joni unsure.gif

#5 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

[COLOR=purple

There was a Pink Lady from a Canadian source. I can't recall ever seeing any other LV exclusives coming out of the warehouses. Have you Woody?

When I was first purchasing solids on ebay the only items coming out of the warehouses were not complete; no perfume, missing labels, no boxes, etc. Then in the last two or three years many appear just as if bought in both boxes from the stores. Now that really makes it tough for us! Can you guess what the sellers must be paying for them at the sales and be making money by reselling to us on ebay at half the price tags at the cosmetic counters? Yikes!

Phyllis[/COLOR]

#6 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 08:42 PM

The warehouse sellers may have saturated the market. Tonight I was keeping eye on some solids that one of these sellers had listed, and 5 of them didn't get bids higher than $5.98. They didn't meet the seller reserve, so they will be relisted, I was surpised as they have been going between $80 to $100.

#7 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:40 PM

YOU WONDERED RIGHT. THERE'S AN AUCTION FOR HARRODS PIECES THAT HAVE NO PERFUME OR BOXES. SOUNDS SUSPICIOUSLY LIKE A WAREHOUSE SALE...
AR

quote=P.E.Parry,Sep 6 2006, 02:27 PM]

Does anyone know how many warehouse sales there are per year? Sure seem to be a good many from the listings on ebay. Now even the LV solids. Wonder if there will be some Harrods soon. Maybe I should cancel my order and wait and see? Sometimes I feel that EL thinks I have a big S (for stupid) in the middle of my forehead for buying new at dept. store prices.

View Post

[/quote]

Edited by Ar, 06 September 2006 - 09:40 PM.

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:18 PM

I have looked at the auction for the Harrods Solids and they have no box, no perfume etc. These are made in Canada so must be coming
from the Warehouse! There is always a constant supply of items from this
source. Either they are slipping through the net, or being sold off cheap due to No Box, No Card, and other reasons........

That applies to other solids too.......i.e. Pink Cadillac for starters.....

#9 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

ohmy.gif And here we are thinking that the Harrods solids are limited and exclusive !!!

How limited can they be when they are showing up on Ebay empty and from Canada, I ask? mad.gif

#10 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:06 AM

As should be I see everyone's hair is on fire mad.gif mad.gif
I just buy at the CCS when I'm traveling. I'm happy to get the discount biggrin.gif

#11 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

[SIZE=7]Hi everyone, I was speaking to a woman who told me about the wharehouse sales. she says there are one per month, except after september when there is one every two weeks. From what I understand they usually dont have solids just powders and they are usually empty. She also said there is a limit to 6 per person. So I dont think the ones from a certain seller on ebay are from a wharehouse sale. I think you all know his name. Another friend of mine told me she thinks he has an inside person at either a factory or within a company store. But I wouldnt know Im just passing on information. Oh yes and the wharehouse sales are usually attached to an estee store and onky employees can get the tickets but they can give them to people. Usually they sell them though.

#12 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 09:03 AM

Intersting info! I never had heard that the sales were connected to the stores. I don't think they do that in Vegas, but certainly it happens in New York. There is also a seller out of Atlanta that keeps relisting multiple solids (with contents and label) but no boxes...I would assume they are coming from the factory too....

#13 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 02:12 PM

I find this interesting...there is a seller on Ebay who has empty powders and solids and states directly in the listing "purchased directly from the Estee Lauder Warehouse on Long Island".

At this point, I find it funny, and I give the seller credit for noting that. Wonder what EL thinks about it? huh.gif

#14 nyslzzle

nyslzzle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 04:49 PM

I wonder how she got them before the sale. Unless she went to the last month sale. What compact is it because I was told they are usually powders and once in a while there are perfumes. Also I spoke to someone who tells me there is a person who gets all the EL wholesale merchandise before its offered to any wholesaler.

#15 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 05:58 PM

CRIKEY !! Employees selling 'tickets' to the warehouse sale!?!?!?! Employees getting things ultra cheap and making bucket loads on Ebay . . . . !

Anyone would think that EL couldn't afford to pay their staff so this is how they have to make their living! Of course another upside to it is they don't have to pay tax !

I find this all utterly ridiculous. Again, I urge people NOT to pay big bucks buying these ex-warehouse goods off Ebay so that EL get the message that collectors are NOT happy !!

I stopped buying new solids about 2 years ago because of this ! GRRRR !!! mad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users