• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:23 PM

Get out your checkbooks, there's an Imperial Princess on Ebay!

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 04:48 AM

And I was hoping it would stay quiet so that I could have a chance!!! unsure.gif ph34r.gif

ph34r.gif

#3 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 07:12 PM

laugh.gif Are you kidding? Have you seen the numbers that have viewed the page?

Actually, I don't think people are spending as much as they used to on these things. Someone might get very lucky !! cool.gif

GOOD LUCK to all the punters on this one! wink.gif

#4 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 08:22 AM

I JUST CAN'T THINK WHAT THE LAST I.P. WENT FOR, CAN ANYONE REMEMBER..... dry.gif dry.gif

Good luck to all who are bidding.

Margaret

#5 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 05:27 PM

Hi Margaret - no sorry, it's been a long time since the last one . . . . my memory doesn't serve me an exact price . . . or even a near figure, unfortunately. huh.gif

Luckily I'm not into the Imperial Princess, so I won't be bidding. Just watching her for interest. wink.gif

#6 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:17 PM

The last Imperial Princess went for about $1500 w/broken hinge. I think she was on Ebay in March or April.

#7 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 05:33 AM

Hi Sandra...... smile.gif

No she's not my sort of thing either..... ohmy.gif

Thanks chowlover2..... smile.gif Its going to be interesting...... dry.gif

Margaret

#8 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

Who got the bargain on the Imperial Princess???

#9 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 02 September 2006 - 01:53 AM

Not me that's for sure.... laugh.gif

Somebody from the U.K. so the I.P. is having a trip over the water.

Margaret

#10 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 September 2006 - 04:50 PM

wink.gif Told you it wouldn't be ridiculous !! smile.gif

People just aren't willing to spend like they used to. I've watched a lot of the 'sought after' ones and they are not getting near the prices they used to.

Eg. Birdcage, Carousel, Jester are three that come to mind straight away - I'm sure there are more.

I think the whole world feels a shortage of 'spendable' funds and/or a surplus of 'stuff' in their house. I certainly am !! sad.gif

#11 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 06:37 AM

I also think it is to do with the fact that as soon as a hard to find one appears,
masses follow!

Wait a bit, and the Jester, Dragon and others will disappear (even the Cowboy Hat and Boots) etc., to name a few, and the prices will rocket again!

Hardly ever see the Party Shoes or ............ to mention a few!!!! rolleyes.gif

P.S. This Imperial Princess did have a nick in the box which would have affected the price....but as far as I am concerned, she looked PERFECT to me... ph34r.gif

#12 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 03:43 PM

Ruby Lane has the party shoes for sale.......$850 ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Margaret

#13 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 07:15 AM

Imperial princess on ebay question.

The last imperial princess on ebay was item number 230023124259 She sold for $1026 to beanielizzy.

It had a broken hinge and also no box.

I too am upset about the warehouse sales. I paid so much money for my collection, and to see that I can't even get back what I paid for some of these beautiful pieces is really sad. I have a bunch of my solids listed in my ebay store. If there are any of them you'll want, make me an offer. But please don't offer me half of what it is listed for. I can't afford to lose that much money. Sigh. If you want one , email me first and I will cancel my ebay auction and give you a 10% discount on the price. I plan to put up more this weekend.

My prices are based on what I paid for them and a 6 month search of back auctions to get an average price....If the average price is less than I paid, then it is listed for exactly what I paid. I the average price is above what I paid, then that is the price that is listed. I paid retail for most of my solids and I bought off ebay when prices were higher, much higher in 2001.

Kasi
http://stores.ebay.c...Q3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users