• PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 02:05 PM

Whilst writing, for all of you who have seen the Eiffel Tower in person, the
Clock Tower is in the same type of 'off gold colour'......Would one say
chrome??

View Post

[/quote]

The tower I saw was more of a bronze color.

BTW...the SA at Neiman's were quick to tell me that the tower, opera, etc. were not the actual ones...they said that they were inspired by the real ones, but not titled with the real names, nor exact replicas. Maybe that will explain the variations and differences we are all seeing with the world solids. ph34r.gif

#32 chowlover2

chowlover2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

Awesome photos Katita, you made up my mind, I'm going to order the Colliseum!!!

#33 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 01:08 PM

[quote=2cute4u2,Aug 22 2006, 12:05 PM]
Whilst writing, for all of you who have seen the Eiffel Tower in person, the
Clock Tower is in the same type of 'off gold colour'......Would one say
chrome??

View Post

[/quote]

The tower I saw was more of a bronze color.

BTW...the SA at Neiman's were quick to tell me that the tower, opera, etc. were not the actual ones...they said that they were inspired by the real ones, but not titled with the real names, nor exact replicas. Maybe that will explain the variations and differences we are all seeing with the world solids. ph34r.gif

View Post

[/quote]

The white box and the gold box read: Pure White Linen Sydney Opera House. The boxes for the Eiffel Tower piece read: Estee Lauder Beyond Paradise Tower. Perhaps EL could not get the rights to use the Eiffel name. cool.gif

#34 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:09 PM

Yes, bronze was more the word I was looking for. Ever have one of those
days/nights when you cannot think of the right word! O.K...one of those
senile moments sad.gif

Either way I will reserve my judgement for another look, but I was somewhat
disappointed! If you have the Statue of Liberty, what a difference a Colour
makes.......or a day....or a........... rolleyes.gif

ph34r.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 24 August 2006 - 02:59 AM.

#35 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:09 PM

[quote=Topbev,Aug 23 2006, 06:08 PM]

View Post

[/quote]

View Post

[/quote]

That's just too rich for me!! Is this lady completely ignorant or she just doesn't travel and have much world knowledge??

'Inspired by' when they are named after or exact replicas of and 'therefore the discrepancy'. What a load of crock! The Sydney Opera House will be the laughing stock of the solids over here, and I guarantee it won't sell well because of the incorrect design.

WHAT A JOKE OF THE WORST KIND!!

#36 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 08:18 PM

[quote=Sandra,Aug 23 2006, 06:09 PM]

View Post

[/quote]

That's just too rich for me!! Is this lady completely ignorant or she just doesn't travel and have much world knowledge??

'Inspired by' when they are named after or exact replicas of and 'therefore the discrepancy'. What a load of crock! The Sydney Opera House will be the laughing stock of the solids over here, and I guarantee it won't sell well because of the incorrect design.

View Post

[/quote]

I'm telling you all: The Sydney Opera House will become the next big hot ticket. Why? Because of all the things you just described. Name one other EL solid with such a horrible design. Remember the "pet rock"? Now that was a load of crock. You are sooooo right "joke of the worst kind". Why not the SOH? Ahhh yes ..... I see my private island from the proceeds of selling this one ph34r.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#37 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 05:38 PM

blink.gif You're welcome to all of them. It would be against my principles to hoard something so undescribably blerk as a VERY BAD replica of my beloved SOH.

However, I will come and visit you on your private island when you make your fortune out of them. Good luck finding buyers. cool.gif

#38 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

[quote=Sandra,Aug 23 2006, 05:09 PM]

View Post

[/quote]

View Post

[/quote]
Sandra...are you directing your comment at me?

#39 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Aug 24 2006, 03:38 PM)
blink.gif  You're welcome to all of them.  It would be against my principles to hoard something so undescribably blerk as a VERY BAD replica of my beloved SOH.

However, I will come and visit you on your private island when you make your fortune out of them.  Good luck finding buyers.  cool.gif

View Post

Oh my golly!!! I only got one -- I'm sure it will bring gazillions of dollars when the right time comes along. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif rolleyes.gif

Blerk? That's one I've never heard before. blink.gif

#40 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:15 AM

[/quote]
Sandra...are you directing your comment at me?

View Post

[/quote]

No !! Please don't take offence !! It was directed at the SA who spoke those words. Take it easy, I would never direct comments like that to anyone on this site!! I ain't that rude! unsure.gif

#41 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE(Topbev @ Aug 25 2006, 03:10 AM)

Blerk?  That's one I've never heard before.  blink.gif

View Post

HA !! I had to make up that word as I didn't want to use any 'swear' words about it. Went down to have another look at the real SOH today just to try to get the horrible solid perfume image out of my head . . . then I thought - why buy the replica when you can have the real thing !?! rolleyes.gif

That's like Jacky buying the Harrods Palace when she can see it everyday for real . . . then again, the solid perfume of that is pretty darn close !!

Or like someone who lives in vegas buying the Welcome to Vegas sign . . . .

Or someone who lives in Rome buying the Coliseum . . . .

ohmy.gif

#42 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

No !! Please don't take offence !! It was directed at the SA who spoke those words. Take it easy, I would never direct comments like that to anyone on this site!! I ain't that rude! unsure.gif

View Post

[/quote]

Thank you clearing that up for me, Sandra. smile.gif

BTW...I think that the Lone Star State solid is correct. laugh.gif I would hope so as that is where the NM headquarters are located.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users