41 replies to this topic

#16 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

I display it up on a display stand - I had to modify the stand so the solid would sit right but it looks good.

Katita biggrin.gif

#17 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:22 PM

QUOTE(katita @ Aug 11 2006, 10:28 AM)
I display it up on a display stand - I had to modify the stand so the solid would sit right but it looks good.

Katita  biggrin.gif

View Post

Hi Katita,

What type of a stand do you use?

#18 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 10:09 PM

I use a standard small easel stand but I built up the left side with clear tape so the solid sits straight on it.

Katita biggrin.gif

#19 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE(katita @ Aug 11 2006, 07:09 PM)
I use a standard small easel stand but I built up the left side with clear tape so the solid sits straight on it.

Katita  biggrin.gif

View Post

Thanks! That sounds like a goood plan. smile.gif

#20 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE(Topbev @ Aug 10 2006, 12:43 PM)
sad.gif
I couldn't agree more with you about the Sydney Opera House.  I received mine yesterday and was so disappointed in it mad.gif .  I wanted that one because my husband and I had visited it on our anniversary and it had sentimental value before I received it.  The proportions seem completely off. 
I also got the Tower and the World Traveler and like them both. 
Hey! I know....The Sydney Opera House will be come the next hot piece because of the unique qualities of poor craftmanship and design demonstrated in the creation. laugh.gif  laugh.gif

View Post

sad.gif (sniff!) That's it - I hoped the Opera House would be outstanding. I would have bought it unseen. Now I probably won't !! I grew up with the Opera House ! I went to the opening and have been a constant patron over my life. Just a few weeks ago while at a family funeral I was saying that when I died I wanted my ashes to be scattered in the water next to the Opera House, that's how much I love it. So if you are disappointed, Topbev, just imagine my distress!!! ohmy.gif

(Hope I'm not being too dramatic)

#21 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:40 AM

Hi all biggrin.gif

I just received my solids from Berdorfs (I bought them from Donna) and I'm very happy with them. I like the opera house and the coliseum myself. I wish they had done the empire state or chrysler building for NY but the B'way sign is nice.
My husband likes the opera house.

Katita

#22 Carole Lewis

Carole Lewis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:03 PM

Hi Everyone...I just saw the new Jay Strongwater solids at Saks!!! They are fabulous!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif If anyone is interested, the store # is 614 430 3500 ext. 366. Molly is the EL rep... What are everyone's favorites this year??? Mine is the round one with the blue birds ..... Carole

Edited by Carole Lewis, 16 August 2006 - 01:59 PM.

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 05:19 PM

QUOTE(katita @ Aug 16 2006, 01:40 PM)
Hi all  biggrin.gif

I just received my solids from Berdorfs (I bought them from Donna) and I'm very happy with them.  I like the opera house and the coliseum myself.  I wish they had done the empire state or chrysler building for NY but the B'way sign is nice.
My husband likes the opera house.   
Katita

View Post

Cool !! Things are looking up! Any chance of a photo of it? Please? cool.gif

#24 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 11:40 PM

Hi Sandra, I've posted 4 pictures of the Sydney Opera House solid for you and also pics of the other solids as well. Check out the gallery. Hope this helps you.

Take care,

Katita biggrin.gif

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:11 AM

smile.gif Thanks mate, I'll take a look. cool.gif

#26 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:33 AM

Great photos, Katita - I'm glad you showed me all sides.

It's not very accurate at all. Side on it looks near enough, but from the top and front view it is all wrong. What a shame the designer didn't do any research on it. It seems as though they just took the side view and assumed the other side was the same. BUMMER !! sad.gif

Maybe I will pass on this one after all. We'll see. huh.gif

#27 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 06:46 AM

Hi Katita.

Many thanks for posting the pictures you did a great job..... laugh.gif

My regards to you

Margaret...... smile.gif

#28 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 08:02 PM

Thanks so much Katita for your great photos. I like how you shot the Coliseum and the different angles of this piece. Good job especially for those of us who do not live close by a Neiman Marcus store. This brings up a very important point and that is I appreciate all of the comments and opinions of you collectors who already have the various new 2006 solids so far. That's great and well appreciated.

Sandra-I agree fully about your comments concerning the Opera House and the designer not doing a research on it. This has happened before on other solid compacts. I always allow for artistic creativity and expression and the cost of manufacturing a solid for EL. However, I feel the designer(s) have gone beyond that "line" on some pieces. WIth World Landmarks in this years spotlight you'd think they would know those solids would be closely compared to the real thing since there are collectors world wide.

On the positive side, I still feel there are some wonderful solids and powder compacts this year. We still have to wait for the general distribution and Harrods ones to come out. Can't wait biggrin.gif I'll buy something just don't know what yet. Have a good weekend.

Gigi

#29 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Aug 16 2006, 09:33 PM)
Great photos, Katita - I'm glad you showed me all sides.

It's not very accurate at all.  Side on it looks near enough, but from the top and front view it is all wrong.  What a shame the designer didn't do any research on it.  It seems as though they just took the side view and assumed the other side was the same.  BUMMER !!  sad.gif

Maybe I will pass on this one after all.  We'll see.  huh.gif

View Post

Hi Sandra, I have been to the Sydney Opera House, I got to view the Opera House solid at Neiman Marcus last month and I was very disappointed and didn't bother to buy it. It just seemed very plane and no details to it.

#30 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:15 AM

Yes, I forgot to mention the Sydney Opera House which I did see. I thought it was going
to be larger and more impressive....so.....disappointed!

rolleyes.gif Katita, thank you for posting the pictures. I haven't looked in that section for a while and somehow missed them! Need to check into the site more
often than I have been doing!

ph34r.gif

Whilst writing, for all of you who have seen the Eiffel Tower in person, the
Clock Tower is in the same type of 'off gold colour'......Would one say
chrome??

Edited by Jacqueline, 22 August 2006 - 08:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users