• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 jardanel

jardanel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 12:49 PM

I just put the three Harrods solids I bought up , see members photos. I think the bus doesn't look like a solid but a cheap toy

#47 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:05 PM

Jardnel..thanks for the pics! I will have to wait to see the bus. I am really confused by the seashell..is it a powder or a solid? I had heard there was going to be a seashell powder, but I hadn't heard anything about a seashell solid. ohmy.gif

#48 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:41 PM

Hello Jardinel, thanks for posting the pictures. I was not impressed with the bus but the taxi was not one I went for either.

Woody, I made a post some while back concerning the Shell. It is identical to
the Golden Seas 1973. I was amazed when I first saw it at Harrods as I thought
they were displaying the old version (i.e. one in perfect condition)! This applies to the powder (Shell) too. Need to see the compact again to confirm.
Both nice but both re-releases??

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 23 September 2006 - 01:19 AM.

#49 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 07:40 PM

Yeah, thanks for the pics . . . . I'm now in two minds about purchasing them . . . seems a lot of money for an average look . . . . . maye I'll save my money instead this year !! cool.gif

#50 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 12:15 PM

I was going to buy a couple from Harrods but not after hearing about and seeing them. I wonder who designed the Harrods compacts...
Ar

#51 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 21 September 2006 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(Ar @ Sep 21 2006, 09:15 AM)
I was going to buy a couple from Harrods but not after hearing about and seeing them. I wonder who designed the Harrods compacts...
Ar

View Post

I received my brochure yesterday. I don't like any of the solids. Thta's good because I'll save my money. laugh.gif

#52 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:21 PM

How were the Harrods solids shipped - Fedex or....?

Anyone else in America receive theirs?

Looks like Harrods charged my cc about 2 weeks ago. I've been gone and hope the solids haven't arrived during that time. I don't know my new neighbors and really hope my packages didn't get delivered to unknown people. I bought clothes from ebay UK and even airmail is slow. blink.gif

#53 jardanel

jardanel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:09 AM

The Harrods shell with Pure white linen is a solid to be worn as a necklace, I have put it on ebay because I am not into that sort of thing. If anybody wants it, I would only charge my buying price plus shipping.

#54 loveperfume

loveperfume

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 12:26 PM

Just received my solids from Harrods. so it's a good day! I really like the clock tower and bear. The bear is much cuter this year than last I believe and I love the detail on the clock tower. The double decker bus is nice but a little plain. The seashell necklace was enormous but I do like the new fragrance Pure White Linen. For some reason I was expecting it to be smaller in size. I did not get the Harrod's palace as I thought it was a little too pricey.

#55 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE(greyhound @ Sep 22 2006, 11:21 PM)
How were the Harrods solids shipped - Fedex or....?

Anyone else in America receive theirs?

Looks like Harrods charged my cc about 2 weeks ago. I've been gone and hope the solids haven't arrived during that time. I don't know my new neighbors and really hope my packages didn't get delivered to unknown people.  I bought clothes from ebay UK and even airmail is slow.  blink.gif

View Post

Don't be fraught with worry, Greyhound - Harrods do a door-to-door delivery and everything has to be signed for by the receiver. I'm sure they wouldn't just leave it with your neighbours . . . . . !!

That's why they charge a big delivery cost. ohmy.gif

#56 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 05:55 AM

The harrods solids are on ebay now at 439.95 each. She has the clock tower, the double decker bus and also the bear.

Kasi

#57 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:45 PM

Hi Kasi, I have just seen the Harrods solids on Ebay! Amazing! Just released and here they are on Ebay without the boxes! If they were out of Canada I
would say they were direct from the factory there!

Didnt take long and I have never seen this happen with Harrods solids before!

The bus is without the box and listed at 100. Price MIB would be 150. The same applies to the Clock Tower.

The Palace is listed at 150 no boxes. Retail price for this one MIB 350.

Irrespective of my likes or dislikes, the only one worth paying for would be the Palace if no-one bids and if you dont care about the boxes!

Interested to read your comments!

The Bear without the Box did not sell first time around. It was listed at 100.

Am wondering who this seller is and where she is getting the ''rejects'' from. They have no boxes so have to be rejects!

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 11 October 2006 - 03:06 AM.

#58 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 07:50 PM

Yes, I am also rather suspicious at the no box thing and under retail price. However, 50 pounds is NOT to be sneezed at!! I think it is a fair discount as it relates to well over $100.00 here, and probably around US$100 ! cool.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users