57 replies to this topic

#31 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:42 AM

Hi Jacky.....

Thanks for thinking of me when you went to 'Harrods'. Will I hold my breath as to getting a flyer........NO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I have said before.......sometimes I think we don't count.

Hello Karen.... smile.gif

Thanks for the offer to post the flyer ( if you could ) I will leave it for a couple of weeks to give them every chance to get some more flyers in.....Then perhaps.....you never know your luck...... dry.gif

My Regards to you both....Margaret

#32 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:29 AM

I haven't received a flyer here in Chicago. Perhaps as I already placed an order, they assume I don't need a flyer?? Maybe that has something to do with it. I will ask for one now, just to have in my records.

Thanks everyone!

Woody

#33 greyhound

greyhound

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 05:57 PM

i talked to Alison Friday. She said the solids have been delayed and will arrive in September. She said she sent me a flyer, but I didn't get one because I moved and been too lazy to update my info. (I've been lazy about everything in general.) She promised to send another to my new home. I went ahead and ordered 3 solids sight unseen. Sigh...Not a good time for big purchases. sad.gif sad.gif Hopefully, solids will be pretty. smile.gif

I don't have Alison's email, but this is what I did:

1. go to www.harrods.com -

2. go to the bottom of the page and click on contact us

3. in the "To" dialog box select perfumery (black hall), which took me a little while to find.

4. Type in your message. In years past, my emails kept getting lost or something, but this year Alison responded the next day (on the phone). I find its best to write Estee Lauder perfume on the subject line; Alison's name immediately in the body (or subject line); your name and phone number. This time I wrote my new address out .... ph34r.gif

#34 topguyw2

topguyw2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 07:38 PM

hi

i live in london and harrods is my local store

i also have a special relationship with the staff there. let me know your details and ill pass them on and you can be kept upto date with all thats harrods

#35 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 04:38 AM

We have all had special relationships at one time or another.
Harrods is also my local store, so I won't be taking you up on your offer.
Appreciate your thoughts. Maybe we can meet for a coffee downstairs
or one of the lovely ice cream sundaes.

Let me know when! More interesting to meet up with you
than yet another visit to look at the solids... Am sure Margaret
would love to join, and also Nancy when she is next in town!
ph34r.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 04 September 2006 - 12:42 PM.

#36 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:53 AM

Hi Jacky......

Did you mention coffee and ice cream......COUNT ME IN.... laugh.gif wink.gif

Always good to meet new friends.

Margaret

#37 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(greyhound @ Aug 21 2006, 02:57 PM)
i talked to Alison Friday. She said the solids have been delayed and will arrive in September. She said she sent me a flyer, but I didn't get one because I moved and been too lazy to update my info. (I've been lazy about everything in general.)  She promised to send another to my new home. I went ahead and ordered 3 solids sight unseen. Sigh...Not a good time for big purchases. sad.gif sad.gif Hopefully, solids will be pretty.  smile.gif

I don't have Alison's email, but this is what I did:

1. go to www.harrods.com -

2. go to the bottom of the page and click on contact us

3. in the "To" dialog box select perfumery (black hall), which took me a little while to find.

4. Type in your message. In years past, my emails kept getting lost or something, but this year Alison responded the next day (on the phone). I find its best to write Estee Lauder perfume on the subject line; Alison's name immediately in the body (or subject line); your name and phone number. This time I wrote my new address out ....  ph34r.gif

View Post

Thank you for information on how to contact Alison at Harrod's. I sent her an email the other day according to your instructions and received a phone call from her today and was able to order a Harrod's Bear.

Thanks...Ione

#38 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE(ione1956 @ Aug 25 2006, 11:44 AM)
Thank you for information on how to contact Alison at Harrod's.  I sent her an email the other day according to your instructions and received a phone call from her today and was able to order a Harrod's Bear.

Thanks...Ione

View Post

I too followed your instructions and received a phone call this morning from Allison. Thank you wink.gif smile.gif

#39 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 26 August 2006 - 03:49 AM

I too wrote to Alison but I haven't heard from her sad.gif Maybe I got my phone number wrong - even writing in English makes me so nervous I slip on the keys tongue.gif But then again I guess we have kept her very busy with e-mails thanks to Greyhounds instructions wink.gif

Karin

I have to add: Just got an email answer and, yes, I did get my phone number wrong so no wonder she couldn't call me. I feel very embarassed now having mentioned it here....

Edited by Karin, 26 August 2006 - 04:48 PM.

#40 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 04:12 AM

laugh.gif DOH !! laugh.gif

Glad you managed to sort that out, Karin !!

#41 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:47 PM

I got my flyer from Alison today. The exchange rate makes these very costly. The Saks teapot bought from Harrods would be $326 in US dollars! Cant' resist... I think I will get the bus and clock tower.
Ar

Edited by Ar, 08 September 2006 - 10:17 PM.

#42 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:19 PM

Received my package from Harrod's today. Love the Clock Tower! It is a heavy quality piece. The Double Decker Bus has joined the other London vechilces so now there is a fleet on display. Is it proper to refer to three as a fleet?

Phyllis

#43 topguyw2

topguyw2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:04 PM

[COLOR=blue][FONT=Geneva] smile.gif hi just read your post. there is a sea shell solid and a powder. just contact alison chapman, jonathan walker or deddie butterfield and they will send out to you. i find them very helpful call them out side uk 0442077301234 ext 2775/4474 or uk 020 7730 1234 ext 2775/4474. let me know if you want any other info as harrods in my local and i buy the complete collection and have seen the display dummies.

#44 P.E.Parry

P.E.Parry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:23 PM

Thanks for the info
Is there a picture of the shell? Is it a good one or just another oh hum Estee shell? I am not into powders unless they match a solid.

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 03:24 PM

Hello Phyllis, Yes, you are correct. A fleet of cars........

Re the Shell Compact, it is similar to the old Shell Compact (if I remember correctly)!

Edited by Jacqueline, 19 September 2006 - 03:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users