57 replies to this topic

#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 03:15 AM

Should take a walk across the park I s'pose! But our heatwave has turned
into wet and windy weather....more wintry than summer!

sad.gif

#17 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 09:57 AM

I just got off the phone with Alison Chapman from Harrods and the solids will be shipped out in 2 weeks - they are now on display in the store (for our friends in England to see) and she is taking orders now.

Good luck everyone! biggrin.gif

Katita

#18 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:57 PM

Thanks to everyone for the info on the Harrods solids, they never send us any information......don't think we count..... mad.gif

Good job that we have friends over the ocean...... laugh.gif

My regards to you all

Margaret

#19 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:08 PM

Does anyone have Allison Chapman's email so I can contact her about the Harrod's pieces? Also any photos anywhere to look at?

#20 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:40 PM

QUOTE(2cute4u2 @ Aug 15 2006, 04:08 PM)

Does anyone have Allison Chapman's  email so I can contact her about the Harrod's pieces?  Also any photos anywhere to look at?

View Post

I called her on the phone number provided. Does she have an email address? Please share. Thank you. smile.gif

#21 Ann and Ken

Ann and Ken

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,489 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:19 PM

Alison called and she will have the "seashell "necklace solid.
It will be 120 pounds and contains Pure White Linen.

#22 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 02:43 PM

Meant to follow up my post here, but did so under Saks and Neimans solids! huh.gif

Walked to Harrods today and looked at the solids which they have. I mentioned in my previous post under Saks and Neimans, that the Strongwater solids were/are really lovely. The prices here are much higher , unfortunately.

The Bear is very nice. Love the colours. Will definitely purchase . Wish they would have put a cap or something on his head, otherwise he is perfect..IMHO wink.gif

This year's release of the Palace I would not swop for my older version!! rolleyes.gif The first version appeals to me much more as I personally feel it has much more detail and is more impressive...ph34r.gif

The Clock Tower has to be Big Ben! Quite like it unsure.gif but wish it would have looked more ''solid''. Very similar to the Eiffel Tower. I won't go down this road for the moment. The Snow Globe looks promising. It was not on display yesterday so I cannot say. All these, I believe apart from the Palace, Bus and Clock Tower are available in the States???

I was very surprised to see the Sea Shell is practically the same as the 1973 Golden Seas. Perfume is different of course i.e. Golden Seas had Azuree. I
do like my own Golden Seas and at first thought it was the same one in perfect condition!!!!!!!!

smile.gif

... ph34r.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 16 October 2006 - 04:06 AM.

#23 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:33 AM

Hi Jacky...... laugh.gif

Thanks for the info on the Harrods solids.

I fancy the Clock Tower, but will wait to see it in the flesh ( so to speak )

The snow globe is also interesting but will buy via the U.S. ( SO MUCH CHEAPER ON THE $$$$$$$$$$ )

My regards to you........Margaret...... wink.gif

#24 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 11:21 AM

Now we are talking! biggrin.gif

Thanks a million to Margaret and Jacky for your report and observations concerning the Harrods solids. As of right now I really like the Bear and the Clock Tower. I've had my "eye" on the Clock Tower since Katita announced one would be available from Harrods. You are right Jacky, the information I have says the Palace, Clock Tower, Double Decker Bus and Bear are Harrod's only exclusives. The Sea Shell is only available outside the US. So the rest would be available in the States. I guess I'll have to pay more attention now to the exchange rate between the US and UK if I want the Bear and Tower. wink.gif

Thanks again.

Gigi

#25 Karin

Karin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:00 AM

Hello everyone!
Does Harrods have any exclusive powder compacts this year? I have heard about a Year of the Pig powder and also seen something about a Seashell powder, so I was a bit surprised it turned out to be a solid, or is there perhaps a corresponding powder compact as well???
Karin

#26 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:19 AM

Hi Gigi..... smile.gif

The Harrods Bear is always a good buy as they do tend to keep their money. The Clock Tower I have yet to see......Does anyone have a picture they can post, PLEASE. Its a two hour train ride down to London for me,when I go I combine the day with a visit to Jacky ( Its good to talk )...... laugh.gif

To buy goods Dollar against Pound is not so good for you ( its us in England that get the good exchange rate) but at least Harrods will take off our VAT rate of 17.5% for you.

Good Luck......Margaret..... smile.gif

#27 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:23 AM

Thanks Margaret. smile.gif

Gigi

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:05 PM

Agree Margaret... Meanwhile, shipping costs from Harrods are high.
If you can combine a shipment say of two bears, i.e. for another Collector,
it might help in this respect. Sooooooo if there are two people living in
the same State, it might be a better idea to have two bears sent in one package.

Just a thought! wink.gif

Hello Karin, have just seen your post.......I am sure I saw a SeaShell Compact displayed next to the SeaShell solid perfume but looking at the price list, it does not appear to be here! It might be under a different name. There is a Year of the Pig Compact listed at 45. There are other compacts and if you are interested I will list them later....

Hope this helps!

wink.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 20 August 2006 - 02:49 PM.

#29 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(VEGAS LADY @ Aug 20 2006, 08:19 PM)

Hi Gigi..... smile.gif

The Harrods Bear is always a good buy as they do tend to keep their money. The Clock Tower I have yet to see......Does anyone have a picture they can post, PLEASE. Its a two hour train ride down to London for me,when I go I combine the day with a visit to Jacky ( Its good to talk )...... laugh.gif

To buy goods Dollar against Pound is not so good for you ( its us in England that get the good exchange rate) but at least Harrods will take off our VAT rate of 17.5% for you.

Good Luck......Margaret..... smile.gif

View Post

Hi Margaret,

I had a flyer sent to me from Harrods about a week ago with photos of the new solids & mentioning that the Estee Lauder Compact Brochure 2006 would soon be arriving. As I'm sorry but I have no idea how to post the flyer onto this site perhaps it would be a thought if you rang them & asked to be sent the flyer or the brochure if it's now out. I'm sure if they mail to me in Australia they would only be too happy to mail to some-one in England.

The photos are very small & are of the Harrod's Palace 350 pounds, Clock Tower 150 pounds, Harrod's Teddy Bear 150 pounds & the Double Decker Bus 150 pounds. and mentions they will be in store from 23rd August.

Hope I have been some help.

Karen smile.gif smile.gif

#30 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:02 AM

Hello Karen, I have just read your post to Margaret.

I thought I would take the opportunity to mention that I asked about
the flyers etc., and spoke with Alison when I went to Harrods. I explained that everyone overseas had received this information but 'we' in the U.K were still
waiting for ours.

I was told that they (Harrods) had not received the flyers and were unable to send
any to us in the U.K.... I was handed two flyers with pictures (maybe the one which you mentioned) by another member of staff but Alison said this was a mistake and I could not take them with me . Otherwise I would have sent one to Margaret immediately!

Hope this clears everything.....

rolleyes.gif Margaret, hope you do not mind my replying to the above!!! smile.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 21 August 2006 - 03:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users