#16 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 08:12 AM

Thanks Margaret. Am glued to the t.v. now. Waiting for the continuation
of the match with Murray.

Sandra, you must be happy! Hewitt through! I really thought he would lose it, but pleased that you Aussies are still around wink.gif

OOOps....got to dash back to the t.v. ph34r.gif

#17 Don and Margaret

Don and Margaret

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 10:27 AM

Way to go Murray biggrin.gif Great effort against Benneteau. Way to keep your composure and hang tough. smile.gif

Maybe it will help us to forget the heartbreakingly poor effort by James Blake. sad.gif sad.gif He just gave up and lost heart against Mirnyi when he still had a good chance. mad.gif

We don't mind seeing our player get beat by a better player, when he gives a good effort, but James will have to prove himself to us all over again now. sad.gif

Maybe he was sick. We hope so.

#18 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 12:04 PM

Hi All,

Well hasn't this just been the GREATEST week, Andy Murray, I take back everything I said to you Margaret he is playing like a winner.

Football tomorrow, I hope it is not at the same time as Andre's match, otherwise the channel changer will be on overdrive biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Ponder this! my husband is a workaholic, many times I have asked him to come home a little earlier......... since the football has been on, guess what, he is home to watch the begining of all the matches. Football or Me.................I don't stand a chance...........LOL. sad.gif

Good to see you back Jacky, missed you heaps........will be in touch.

Happy viewing,

Elly

#19 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 04:39 PM

What a day we will have tomorrow, football and tennis!!!!!!!!! I too hope that they are not on at the same time....... now will I have two televisions on or channel hop...... blink.gif

Keeping my fingers crossed for Agassi, I so much want him to win, if he keeps his cool he could just about do it......Its going to be experience over youth.... dry.gif
The one thing that could go against him is that the temp is going to reach 30deg tomorrow....and that is hot.... ohmy.gif

Enjoy, everyone......back after all the excitement, we shall all be worn out.... laugh.gif

Margaret

#20 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:04 PM

Well I missed the second part of Murray's game to the football, Germany v Argentina. And, what a game it turned out to be! Anyway, after being
brought up to date with the remarks Murray made regarding us lot over here,
have lost some interest!

So tomorrow is going to be a scorcher! Intend to get up early, go to the
Park and return here in time to watch the tennis and the football!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy watching to all of you! Soon it will be time to return to Solid Talk!!!!!
Meanwhile, may the best team win and........I HOPE IT'S ENGLAND! blink.gif

#21 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:44 PM

Hi All,

My voice has totally gone much to Ian's delight.

Well it has been a bit of a downer with the football, I never like a penalty finish, but I didn't think the match was that impressive. sad.gif sad.gif

Now the tennis wasn't that something else, my big dissapointment was that Andre was knocked out , and what a true gentleman he is, but Nadal is 16 years his junior and what muscles the guy has!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I will take my hat off to Andy Murray, straight sets, who would have thought that against Roddick, and Venus Williams out..............it looks as though my housework will have to be put on hold biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Hope you all have a good weekend,

Elly.

#22 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

What a fine last match for Agassi, he held the game well, I was cheering for him all the way. The crowd gave him a standing ovation at the end.
To play like he did at his age in that heat showed a lot of determination and courage, wimbledon will miss him..... sad.gif

Nadal showed himself to be a true sportsman.... smile.gif by letting Andre walk onto the court first and take the applause from the crowd and even though he won he walked away and let Andre have the court to himself for the last time.

Margaret

#23 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:24 PM

biggrin.gif R - E - S - P - E - C - T !!

A nice sportsmanlike change to the soccer, hey? biggrin.gif

#24 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:48 PM

SO NOW WE KNOW........ FEDERER AND NADAL WILL PLAY EACH OTHER IN THE MENS FINALS.

WHO WILL WIN.... dry.gif I WOULD NOT LIKE TO PUT MY MONEY ON EITHER OF THEM, FEDERER IS SO GOOD BUT NADAL HAS DETERMINATION AND IS SO FOCUSED.

IN MY HEART I WOULD LIKE IT TO BE NADAL, ITS GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING SUNDAY AFTERNOON.... laugh.gif

Margaret

#25 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:51 PM

laugh.gif Congrats to Mauresmo and Federer - was great to watch some excellent tennis - well worth staying up for!!

Both deserved to win the way they played. cool.gif

Now on to the US open! laugh.gif (hopefully we might get to watch it at a more decent time, but I doubt it!) sad.gif

#26 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:02 PM

HI SANDRA..... smile.gif

YES BOTH WERE GOOD GAMES, WIMBLEDON HAS PRODUCED SOME GOOD TENNIS THIS YEAR AND A LOT OF GOOD NEW PLAYERS.

STILL SORRY THAT NADAL DID NOT WIN... sad.gif BUT NEXT YEAR PERHAPS

Margaret

#27 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 July 2006 - 09:09 PM

Hey Margaret - don't be disappointed - Nadal is young and will win plenty in time to come. Roger had to pull a few tricks out of his bag to win. Anyway, I thought next year's Wimbledon is reserved for Andy Murray ! wink.gif

#28 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 01:54 AM

Not with me Sandra... ohmy.gif My money will be on Nadal or Baghdahs.... biggrin.gif

Only time will tell..... dry.gif

Margaret.... smile.gif

#29 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 11 July 2006 - 08:27 PM

biggrin.gif Yeah, I like Marcus too. He has a great personality and plays excellent tennis. I love his big smile! biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users