• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:14 PM

Topbev, where are you? Sounds like there are several of us Orange County Gals. I haven't checked South Coast Plaza yet but will try and get there tomorrow. It is my favorite shopping mall here in Orange County. So much to see, so little time, LOL, Lainey

#62 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:15 AM

Sorry I've been away so long folks. We've been caring for my 93-year old mother-in-law who had a stroke earlier this year. She passed away a few weeks ago, after a long, wonderful life.

Back to the topic. This morning, my husband gave me two beautiful solids for my birthday...the Magical Pitcher and the Garden Teapot. I just love the colors! wub.gif He also ordered the Clock Tower and the Harrod's Bear, which haven't arrived yet. I can't wait to see them.

I was enamored by the Opulent Rose powder compact at Saks. I don't collect too many of the powder compacts, but occasionally I buy one that looks nice with my solids. The rose is just full of bling!

I'll try and visit this site more often. I've missed it and all of you!

Catherine

#63 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 09:47 AM

Hello Catherine..... smile.gif Its so nice to see you back

My condolence on the sad loss of your mother-in-law.

A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, you certainly got some nice solids. The Opulent
Rose powder sounds good....I must keep an eye out for it.

Kind Regards......Margaret

#64 klassicguy1

klassicguy1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:27 AM

Hi Catherine..nice to "see" you. smile.gif The Red Rose Powder is absolutely beautiful! I bought it and the other Saks ones already. Also, just bought the Snow Flower from Nordstroms and it is really nice. The powders are outstanding this year....

Woody

Edited by klassicguy1, 14 September 2006 - 11:27 AM.

#65 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:49 PM

biggrin.gif Hey Catherine - I wondered where you'd got to! Welcome back, and I'd also like to add my condolences for you and your family over the loss of your mother-in-law.

Glad your hubby is still looking after you in the way of solids.

Take care, and I'm sure you will get great enjoyment from this years Harrods solids. cool.gif

#66 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE(favoritegram @ Sep 10 2006, 04:14 PM)
Topbev, where are you? Sounds like there are several of us Orange County Gals.  I haven't checked South Coast Plaza yet but will try and get there tomorrow. It is my favorite shopping mall here in Orange County. So much to see, so little time, LOL, Lainey

View Post

Good morning from Huntington Beach, California. South Coast Plaza is my favorite place to shop too. biggrin.gif
How many Orange County collectors are here? cool.gif

#67 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 05:34 PM

Hello Catherine, so sorry to hear your news.

Re the compact, is there any chance of posting a picture of the Rose?

Nice to have you back....

smile.gif

#68 Printerslady

Printerslady

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:24 PM

Thanks everyone, for your kind words.

Jacky, I will try to post a picture of the rose soon. I'm on my way out for my birthday dinner right now. Busy day tomorrow and Monday. But I'll try and get my camera clicking sometime and post a picture for you soon.

Catherine

#69 Gigi

Gigi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 10:28 PM

Yes Catherine...great to "see" you back on the board and hear about your new solid purchases. Additionally, my sincere condolences to you and your husband concerning your mother-in-law. Both of my parents suffered from strokes so I do understand. If my Mom were still alive today she would be calling me all the time and telling me what all of you have been posting on this board and she would have had a fun time on Ebay bidding on solids. Just a fun thought... laugh.gif

Concerning the Opulent Rose powder compact, I too like this very much and bought one a couple of days ago. Its in the shipping process and I should get it in a couple of days. I'm excited about it after reading your posts. Even though I'm not a powder collector and have only 15 of them the last 26 years, i do agree with Woody and feel this year they are outstanding. The Exotic Petal compact was featured in the beauty section of a magazine here in the States last month, but, I can't remember which magazine it was sad.gif So sorry folks.

Well, here's to the General Distributions coming our way. Here's hoping they get to a store as soon as possible near to all of us so we can see them. Take care folks.

Gigi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users