poodle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 09:30 PM

[SIZE=7]Brigette,
Thanks for posting the pictures.
I have pre ordered my NM compacts.
But I do not have a salesperson at Saks.

Can someone recommend one?

Thanks Poodle[/SIZE]

#48 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE(poodle @ Jul 21 2006, 02:30 AM)
[SIZE=7]Brigette,
Thanks for posting the pictures.
I have pre ordered my NM compacts.
But I do not have a salesperson at Saks.

Can someone recommend one?

Thanks Poodle[/SIZE]

View Post

Did you know there is a Saks in Maryland? I think the address is Chevy Chase. But I preferred going to the one at Tyson Galleria in VA when I lived in MD.

Ar

#49 tally

tally

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hello Everyone,

The wife and I had a grand luncheon At Nieman Marcus In King Of Prussia, Pa. This was our 5th presentation. We pre ordered the Colisisum, Eiffel tower and Broadway ticket. They are sending
with free shipping and along with goodies. smile.gif smile.gif

The only two remaining desires are the B.G. J.S. Rabbit and Thje G.D. Snowglobe. After paying for all this, It's back on the street corner "pan handling" again mad.gif mad.gif

Tally

Edited by tally, 22 July 2006 - 01:26 PM.

#50 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(Ar @ Jul 21 2006, 03:29 AM)
Did you know there is a Saks in Maryland? I think the address is Chevy Chase.  But I preferred going to the one at Tyson Galleria in VA when I lived in MD.

Ar

View Post

I adore Tyson's Galleria1 and 2, just don't take your credit card with you! Tyson's complex is probably my favorite shopping mall of all because it has just about every store on my 'must go in' list. The decor is great too, my only criticism is at times it is difficult finding a parking space, as it can get really busy. I have been to other large malls including the Mall of America but found that overwhelmingly large sad.gif Biggest in the U.S I believe! Let's throw open the question: Wherever you live, what is your favorite mall and why? It needn't be the stores, it could be the layout, transport services to the mall and so on..... I would love to get everyone's feedback on this!

Take care
MitziMay rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

#51 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 11:19 AM

Here in the U.K. we have more shops than Malls. (That is in the heart of London). There is the Brent Cross Shopping Mall (I was there the other day
as a friend had to collect something on the way home from a pub lunch etc.,
in the country) but I do not like it at all.

So, I must say my favourite place to look round is Harrods in Knightsbridge.
Selfridges is on my doorstep but it is too loud and complicated to find anything!

Meanwhile, when I visit Florida I love the Malls and one of my favourite shops is Abercrombie and Fitch....hope I have spelt that correctly! Love their clothes.

Lucky all of you with all the shops/Malls offering you solids ''and'' goodies! About time
our ONE SHOP caught on! I do miss visiting the various stores and finding different solids. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh for the goooooooood old days!

Thanks MitziMay for getting me going smile.gif ohmy.gif

#52 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 12:50 PM

Well, I live in New Jersey, Mall Central! blink.gif blink.gif

I live within 1/2 hour of more than 1/2 dozen malls - take your pick biggrin.gif

My favorites are the discount malls - some of them are big and fun to walk around like Woodbury Commons in New York State - it's put together like a small town, really nice. I also like Palisades Center cause it's big and fun to walk around.

Very close to home (within 5 min) there's the Plaza, Bergen and Paramus Park Malls, then there's the Malls in Wayne, and Rockaway and other towns a little farther out but an easy drive away.

New Jersey is Mall Central with new malls being built every day... laugh.gif

In all honesty I don't go to malls that much, maybe because every Jersey kid spent their teenaged years in them. wink.gif

Katita

#53 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 04:35 PM

A little late, but better late than never! Thank you Brigitte for the great pictures.
Have finally settled down to looking at all of them this evening! Quite a few
which I am taken with i.e. the Strongwater Teapot and others!

Next is to see the Harrods Collection. Then, the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

smile.gif

#54 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 August 2006 - 10:58 PM

Jackie I have already received my Strongwater Teapot - it's absolutely beautiful, I just love it. Unfortunately they sent it without the white outer box - can you believe, but I also believe that is being recified.

The flyer from Harrods has also arrived & I will be ordering 2 or 3 of them as I have friends who will be in London end of August & they can bring them back V.A.T. free. Hopefully the solids arrive in store on time

Karen biggrin.gif

#55 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:43 AM

Well I have to agree with you Karen smile.gif The Teapot is beautiful! Love the
Strawberry and the Precious Birds and the Magical Pitcher. Was not too
taken with the Garden Rabbit...

Agree with Sandra re the Opera House and also feel the Coliseum and Eiffel Tower
could have been more impressive.

I like the bear very much and am also thinking about the Clock Tower (which has
to be Big Ben)!!!??? As for the Palace, all of you with the first larger one will be
very, very happy! (IMHO....)

What has amazed me is the SeaShell . Take a look at the 1973 'Golden Seas' with Azuree perfume. I honestly cannot see any difference between the two (although I did not have my Golden Seas with me)! blink.gif

cool.gif

#56 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 05:15 PM

My Strongwater compacts just arrived from Saks. I am sooo happy with how they turned out. The photos were good but the real thing is just beautiful. Each one has just enough bling and cuteness. Not too big, not too small. biggrin.gif Happy Happy Happy Happy! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#57 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

I think these are sooooooooo lovely! I wish I could buy them all..........

The icing on the cake would be to have Jay Strongwater sign them for you.
He was so helpful in this respect when he was here in London...but that was
a while back.

Wonder if he will be visiting here again?

smile.gif

#58 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

WHERE IN CANADA COULD WE BUY THE HARRODS COMPACTS?

QUOTE(kasi @ Jun 28 2006, 08:49 AM)
That's the same way I felt about harrods exclusives.  AT the time I bought from Harrods, a solid that was 150 pounds translated into $375.00 plus the shipping was really expensive.  And some of the cheaper harrods solids showed up in Canada where the prices were the opposite way. $150 canadian dollars was something close to $98 american dollars. And an Amerian solid was also priced $150 canadian and if we could find it we could buy it for $98....So why buy from Neimans at 150 when we could get it cheaper in Canada...
Kasi
Estee lady, correct my math if I have the values wrong, as i can't remember the exact exchange rate but I know it was something crazy like that.

View Post

#59 Ar

Ar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:08 PM

I just saw and purchased the Saks rabbit, birds, teapot and pitcher. They are phenomenal! Well done with nice detail and enough tasteful bling. The EL manager told me EL reduced its production of solids this year since sales were down the past two years because of the blah designs. She only had 2-3 of each and no assurance of getting more. (Do I believe this? Do pigs fly? If they start to sell out I'm sure EL will bump up production. THis could also be a line of !?^@! they are telling their store reps to encourage early buyers .)

This Thursday is gift day at Saks, so I reserved them.

Anyway, I am pleased and blown away by Jay Strongwater this year -- and now much poorer. smile.gif

Ar

#60 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE(Ar @ Sep 9 2006, 11:08 AM)
I just saw and purchased the Saks rabbit, birds, teapot and pitcher. They are phenomenal! Well done with nice detail and enough tasteful bling.  The EL manager told me EL reduced its production of solids this year since sales were down the past two years because of the blah designs. She only had 2-3 of each and no assurance of getting more. (Do I believe this? Do pigs fly? If they start to sell out I'm sure EL will bump up production. THis could also be a line of !?^@! they are telling their store reps to encourage early buyers .)

This Thursday is gift day at Saks, so I reserved them.

Anyway, I am pleased and blown away by Jay Strongwater this year --  and now much poorer.  smile.gif

Ar

View Post

I was given a similar story when I reserved mine from Saks (South Coast Plaza, California). I was told that she had received "only" 4 of the strawberry compacts and was doling them out to those that had reserved the entire collection. She did not know what to do about the remaining pre-order customers, and did not know when/if Saks would be getting more. Anyway your post struck a similar note with me. dry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users