• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#31 mostlyminis

mostlyminis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 06:17 PM

Wow, what fun to see the new solids! Thanks so much for the pictures and preview. I really enjoy getting to see the new solids and compacts, they are gorgeous.

#32 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 26 June 2006 - 11:14 PM

Margaret thanks so much for the info on the Harrods solids. Last year I didn't buy any solids from Harrods. But this years solids sound wonderful. I can't wait to see the double decker bus.

Edited by Nicki169, 26 June 2006 - 11:14 PM.

#33 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 05:23 PM

Does anyone know the date of release for all these goodies . . . . like the date when am I supposed to have all money saved up by or break into the piggy bank?? laugh.gif laugh.gif

#34 pancho

pancho

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 11:49 PM

[COLOR=purple]HELLO EVERYONE, HOPE YOU'RE ENJOYING YOUR SUMMER. WE HAVE HAD A HEAT WAVE HERE IN VICTORIA. NEARLY 90 FOR THE PAST 2 DAYS. STARTING TO COOL OFF NOW.

THANKS BRIGITTE FOR YOUR PICS OF THE COMPACTS AND SOLIDS.

I HOPE SOMEONE FROM ESTEE IS READING THIS. IF SO, I'D REALLY LIKE AN EXPLANATION ON THE PRICING.

THE U.S. DOLLAR HAS FALLEN QUITE A BIT AND IS NOW WORTH ONLY 9 CENTS ON THE CANADIAN DOLLAR (I MEAN A U.S. DOLLAR IS WORTH $1.09 IN CANADA) IT USED TO BE $1.45.

THEREFORE THE PRICING IS CRAZY. THEY'LL NEVER SELL ANY IN CANADA NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE ASKING ALMOST 40 CENTS ON THE DOLLAR MORE.

ALSO IF ONE SOLID IS $250.00 AMERCIAN AND THE CANADIAN PRICE IS $315.00 WHY WOULD ANOTHER SOLID THAT IS $250.00 AMERICAN HAVE AN CANADIAN PRICE OF $345.00?

NO CONSISTENCY. OBVIOULSY NO MATH WIZARDS OR GENIUSES (SP?) WORK FOR ESTEE LAUDER.

ANYWAY, I MAY BUY A COUPLE OF THEM BUT AM REALLY TIRED OF BUYING RETAIL AND FINDING THEM FOR WAY LESS ON EBAY.

TAKE CARE ALL, BRENDA IN SUNNY VICTORIA, BRITISH COLUMBIA CANADA
A.K.A. PANCHO

#35 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 03:49 AM

QUOTE(pancho @ Jun 28 2006, 04:49 AM)
[COLOR=purple]HELLO EVERYONE,

ALSO IF ONE SOLID IS $250.00 AMERCIAN AND THE CANADIAN PRICE IS $315.00 WHY WOULD ANOTHER SOLID THAT IS $250.00 AMERICAN HAVE AN CANADIAN PRICE OF $345.00?

NO CONSISTENCY.  OBVIOULSY NO MATH WIZARDS OR GENIUSES (SP?) WORK FOR ESTEE LAUDER.
A.K.A. PANCHO

View Post

That's the same way I felt about harrods exclusives. AT the time I bought from Harrods, a solid that was 150 pounds translated into $375.00 plus the shipping was really expensive. And some of the cheaper harrods solids showed up in Canada where the prices were the opposite way. $150 canadian dollars was something close to $98 american dollars. And an Amerian solid was also priced $150 canadian and if we could find it we could buy it for $98....So why buy from Neimans at 150 when we could get it cheaper in Canada...

Kasi
Estee lady, correct my math if I have the values wrong, as i can't remember the exact exchange rate but I know it was something crazy like that.

#36 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 28 June 2006 - 08:37 PM

Correct . . . . Nieman's obviously has enormous overheads ! Like David Jones over here . . . .

#37 sissy

sissy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:16 PM

thanks for posting, was wondering about the suitcase, is it a fragrance or powder compact? what scent? New with collecting. .

#38 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE(Brigitte @ Jun 20 2006, 01:48 PM)
Here comes the pics I got from the new to be issued Neiman Marcus and SAKS solids and powder compacts.

NEIMAN MARCUS

SAKS

GENERAL DISTRIBUTION

Sorry I don't have better pics, but at least you have an idea how they look.

Enjoy, Brigitte

I've just added the General Distribution.

View Post

Thanks for the photos. Do you know when they will be available? I noticed on the photo sheet it said shipping 7/5/06. I ran over to Saks today and they expect nothing until September. I haven't gone to Neiman Marcus yet. I checked out their websites and none of the new ones are listed. I guess you can tell, I like them all including the general distribution compacts and am a bit excited about getting them. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#39 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:35 PM

Hi Everyone,

I will be attending a private event for solid perfume collectors at Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach, California this Thursday, July 13th to preview and pre-order all the new solids.

I can let everyone know when they will be available for sale at Neiman Marcus.

Regards,
Ione smile.gif

#40 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE(ione1956 @ Jul 8 2006, 11:35 AM)
Hi Everyone,

I will be attending a private event for solid perfume collectors at Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach, California this Thursday, July 13th to preview and pre-order all the new solids.

I can let everyone know when they will be available for sale at Neiman Marcus.

Regards,
Ione  smile.gif

View Post

Thanks for the information. I look forward to hearing from you. smile.gif

#41 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 July 2006 - 08:59 PM

Thank you, Brigitte. The GD is so cute and Christmasy biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

#42 Brigitte

Brigitte

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 07:47 AM

Topbey, I think the shipping date has nothing to do with the date that the items will be on the counter. Normally the items will be sold September/October.

Sissy, you will find the answer on the pics just enlarge them and read.

Brigitte

#43 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE(Brigitte @ Jul 9 2006, 05:47 AM)
Topbey, I think the shipping date has nothing to do with the date that the items will be on the counter. Normally the items will be sold September/October.

Sissy, you will find the answer on the pics just enlarge them and read.

Brigitte

View Post

That's good to know. I have more time to save up for them. Thanks again. biggrin.gif

#44 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:30 PM

Hi All,
I got a letter today from the Saks in New York informing me that Jay Strongwater will be there tonight signing any solids. They are also offering a free gift. They said they will ship out the solid in 2 weeks. I ordered the one with the rabbit. I would like to have ordered more but can't afford to at the moment. I'm sure you can all relate to that!! If anyone is interested in my contact, please let me know and I will gladly share!
Have a nice afternoon!
Gayla

#45 ione1956

ione1956

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:26 AM

Hi Everyone,

Thursday evening I attended the solid perfume preview at Neiman Marcus in Newport Beach, California. We also got to see the new powder compacts. This is the first store to preview the powder compacts.

I really liked the Texas solid, Travel Trunk, Broadway Ticket and Eiffel Tower. The coliseum was done pretty good, but I did not care for the Sydney Opera House.

The powder compacts are nice especially the Tartan Plaid.

We got to pre-order our solids and compacts and they are suppose to be in the first week of August. Neimans has a gift with purchase that week, so our representative wanted us to get the gift.

Let me know if you want any other information.

Regards,
Ione biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users