• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 03:34 PM

Well what a game that was! Margaret my blood pressure must have been sky high! Perhaps if Rooney would have
controlled his temper and frustrations we would still be in the World Cup now!

England really gave their all when down to ten men and I really thought we would
have Portugal on penalties! Was a little sad at the end! THEN turned over
to watch the tennis and didn't Murray play well! (As Bruce Forsyth would say, ''didn't he do well!'') Was impressed with the interview he gave after
and paying tribute to Roddick!

Re Agassi, am sad to see him go! Wimbledon won't be the same without him!

And now, there's another match on but I have decided not to go with the flow!

Karen, if you get a chance to see the England match again, watch it. Mind you
now you know the result, I doubt it will be as gripping as it was watching here!
Re Germany, will be watching that with interest. Went to an old town in Germany called Kemper (I think that is the correct name). First time I have been there. Lots of cobbled old narrow streets and a different feeling from the
other places I have visited. All the winding streets were festooned with flags and
it looked really fantastic. I expect more flags are flying high now!

So, it's on with the show......and perhaps Murray will keep the flags flying for us over here!

smile.gif

#32 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 08:29 PM

sad.gif Well Jacky, I got to see the highlights rather than the full replay - it must have been a nail-biting match to watch live & I'm sorry England didn't win - never mind we can all say if this and if that after it's over. I'm only glad Australia didn't have to play Germany - would have caused a few problems in this house.

For us it's now Germany & Italy 5.00am live Wednesday morning dry.gif

Karen

#33 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:53 AM

smile.gif Yes, you are right Karen. And now the dust has
settled it will be interesting to see what happens next! Meanwhile Murray will
be on Court today at Wimbledon and it is sweltering here and not even 9 a.m.

To all our Collectors who still have a country in play and are remotely interested in football, I wish you good luck.

wink.gif

#34 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

Oh la, la ohmy.gif - well I think that as we have lived in France for nearly three years now I ought to be allowed to say ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!!!!

I am not really a football fan so haven't been posting on the subject but as we joined our neighbours for a barbecue by the swimming pool cool.gif for the France Brazil match it seemed time to join in. wink.gif

The match was ok, the barbecue great and the Vin Rouge - magnifique tongue.gif biggrin.gif

We have got some Champagne ready to celebrate or commiserate the next match blink.gif laugh.gif

Oh one drawback to living in a beautiful place is that we have already had six weeks of family visits and have another six weeks booked between here and September ohmy.gif blink.gif ph34r.gif

C'est la vie!!!!!!

#35 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 02:11 PM

LETS FORGET ABOUT THE WORLD CUP..... sad.gif

THE POOL AND THE VIN ROUGE WILL DO FOR ME..... laugh.gif

a votre sante.......Margaret

#36 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 03 July 2006 - 07:21 PM

Can't believe France beat Brazil !! Just incredible - and Germany knocked out Argentina!! I felt for sure it was going to be a Brazil - Argentina final ! ohmy.gif

Well, a European final would be a great thing!! Will watch with interest.

Well Karen, I DID stay up and watch the England - Portugal match, and the Agassi match, and the Hewitt match, and the Venus Williams match (hey - what the hell - once you're up, you're up!)

It felt like a mighty long weekend with all that sport going on! cool.gif

#37 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 06:47 AM

WHAT A MATCH LAST NIGHT BETWEEN GERMANY AND ITALY! IT WAS AMAZING AND I PERSONALLY, I THINK THE BEST YET!

CHARLOTTE, WELL DONE! smile.gif

SO NOW TO SEE WHO PLAYS ITALY..........

NOT SURE WHO I WILL BE GOING WITH......CAROLINE WOULD LIKE TO SUPPORT
YOU, BUT WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SUPPORT CHARLOTTE!

SHOULD BE AN EXCITING FINISH ON SUNDAY. WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE
FOR THE HOST COUNTRY TO HAVE BEEN IN THE FINAL, BUT .....!

now back to the tennis! As Elly said, we are having a heat wave and it is so humid. Storms not hit London yet! A few showers but no rumbles!

Edited by Jacqueline, 05 July 2006 - 06:53 AM.

#38 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:26 AM

Italy were just the best, to score two goals in the last two mins of play was just amazing...... Italy play the game with their hearts and never give up, I fancy them to win the cup.

Lots of thunder in the midlands but only one shower this morning.....so hot and humid can't sleep at night.

Margaret

#39 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:17 PM

blink.gif Oh dear - France vs Italy in the Final - who to go for - what a condundrum!!

May the best team win !! cool.gif

#40 Aussie Girl

Aussie Girl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:22 PM

rolleyes.gif Well Sandra, I'm most impressed with you watching all that sport live in the wee small hours - but did you happen to see the Wimbledon streaker by any chance? I got up at 5.00am yesterday for the Germany v. Italy game - with a similar knock-out finish as the Aussie - Italy match so I think now Italy will probably win the World Cup. Anyway good luck to both France and Italy.

I was just settling into the tennis but now Hewitt is out so perhaps a little sleep would be nice.

Karen smile.gif

#41 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:37 AM

Mmmmm, what will Sunday bring?

I am hoping that it will be the most stylish World Cup Final, perhaps all the French supporters will be wearing Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent, while the Italians will arrive in their Ferraris and have Gucci outfits rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Seriously I feel a headache arriving on Monday morning!!! huh.gif

If the final is exciting and played in the right spirit I really don't mind who wins, but in support of our neighbours ALLEZ LES BLEUS - ENCORE UN FOIS

#42 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:11 AM

YES KAREN, I SAW THE STREAKER. APPARANTLY HE WAS DANISH AND HAS A COMPANY WHICH DOES DARING STUNTS! WILL READ
MORE LATER AND EDIT THIS IF INCORRECT!

MEANWHILE, AM HAPPY FRANCE GOT THROUGH. I MEAN TO SAY, WITH ALL
THOSE FROGS' LEGS, SO THEY SHOULD!

AND THE MATCH ON SUNDAY SHOULD BE A GOOD ONE.....

I MISSED THE END PART OF THE TENNIS WITH HEWITT. I AM SURE I QUOTED HIM BEING OUT IN AN EARLIER MESSAGE RE THE TENNIS. WILL HVE TO CHECK.....SORRY SANDRA! HE REALLY IS A FANTASTIC PLAYER AND I ENJOY WATCHING HIM.

GOING TO BE A BUSY WEEK-END!

smile.gif

#43 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

ohmy.gif Hi Karen - no, unfortunately I didn't see the streaker sad.gif It would have been a laugh and a half!! laugh.gif

Although I think we are in the wrong topic for this comment, I am following the thread . . . . there are still great players in the Wimbledon Championships and there is no shame in Hewitt being beaten by a better player on the day. cool.gif

#44 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 05:49 PM

laugh.gif Well it went down to the wire in another nail biting finish . . . . well, congratulations to Italy and commiserations to France.

I guess everyone else will have to wait another four years to have another go!!

It's been an exciting month anyway! smile.gif

#45 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 July 2006 - 06:05 PM

Well its all over now for another four years....... Back to the housework.

Well done to Italy..... laugh.gif

Margaret

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users