34 replies to this topic

#31 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Unfortunately no I didn't get any pictures at the convention. It was a very small crowded presentation - 2 tables only and it was very hard to just get a look. The purchases of the Chapel and Dice were at the same table as the solids so...just no room to spare. It was a much better presentation in Vegas. tongue.gif

#32 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

What was attendance like in A.C.?

Were there other from this site attending?

Thanks for being our eyes and ears since we were not able to attend.

Carolyn

#33 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 05:02 AM

Just Woody, Phyllis and myself. We were the only people from this site who showed.

It was a very small convention.

rolleyes.gif Katita

#34 Nancy

Nancy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:46 AM

sad.gif I really wanted to come and had even taken days off work to tie in with this event but my travel agent put me off saying that I couldn't fly to AC from NY and would have to take a train which would take 4 hours! I didn't really fancy the hassle of that after a long flight as well.
I contacted some people who said it wouldn't take long by car but my husband didn't fancy the idea of driving on strange roads either after a long flight. (He said I'm a rubbish navigator at the best of times! rolleyes.gif ) So, that was why I didn't get to the convention. I did however have a few days in NY and 12 nights in Florida.
Also, as I had been changing jobs, (I'm about to start another new one tomorrow. This will be the third I have been offered in as many months so I must be as good as I think laugh.gif ) it wasn't an easy decision to book holidays in advance.
It sounds as though you had a good time and it's a shame that there were so few from here. I agree that it would be good to have both the IPBA and the Compact Convention at the same place and time as I enjoy both and it's a long way to come from Scotland. If I saved one fare that would mean more money to spend!!!

Edited by Nancy, 25 June 2006 - 07:47 AM.

#35 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 01:51 PM

Nancy:

It was good to hear from you again. Congratulations on the new job.

I'll be in touch after I return from the doll convention in Dallas.

Carolyn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users