55 replies to this topic

#46 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:04 PM

Hi Solidcollector..... smile.gif

Yes, I have heard of that trick being pulled its so nasty. Try and get your money back if you can and let as many people know who she is as poss then we can all watch out.

The trouble is that these dishonest people change their ebay names like the wind
They make me angry..... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Margaret

#47 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:33 PM

"They Can Run But They Can't Hide Margaret!" mad.gif
Eventually they will be found out to a Higher Almighty! ohmy.gif
solidcollector, Please give us her Location so the rest of us Law-biding citizens
won't get taken for a ride.
We need a "Black-Ball" List? ph34r.gif Just thinking out-loud.........don't know if I should do that though? blink.gif
Anyway, Thanks for the Heads-Up, but sorry you suffered a lost. cool.gif

#48 cyndi

cyndi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 03:48 PM

I would also like to know who this seller is as I do buy many pieces on ebay. I've been lucky so far but it only takes one bad apple in the bunch to ruin things. I am sure no one on this site would mind if you posted her seller id. It would save all of us a future headache. I am sorry that you are going through this but paypal is usually pretty fair and I am sure they will return your money. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Cyndi

#49 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:22 PM

Hi solid collector. I had a similar experience last year, when I received a solid with no hinge and was told there was a hinge when it was sent . . . so yeah - how does that happen? My seller didn't accept the solid back nor give refunds. It wasn't worth the effort to go through Ebay and Paypal to get a refund on this particular one, so I didn't. But the fury and indignation is still there. I had bought off this seller before and had not had a problem. I guess there are no friends in business! mad.gif

Sorry for your loss - I feel for you. All you can really bank on is Karma. Truth will persevere 'til the end, so keep your chin up and I hope you can get a good outcome.

This is the problem with Ebay - you can't see before you buy and rely on the trustworthiness of someone you've never met who has an ID that means nothing in the real world.

See if it's happened before in their feedback, then you may have a case!

GOOD LUCK!! wink.gif

#50 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

Hi All!
Thanks so much for all your comments and support! It makes me feel much better. I don't think she is a collector as when I looked at her auctions, she sells many items from make-up and lipsick to books and dog collars. I don't know if I should post her ebay id on this site or not. I think I would need to clear it with Lisa first. I just never dreamed that someone would do that! I am still in shock! I will let everyone know how it all turns out! Paypal assured me that she would either have to return the solid to me or refund my money. They said they would not let her keep both! We will see!! Thanks again!

#51 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

Hi solid collector,

First, let me say how sorry I am that happened to you and I hope you get some kind of satisfaction from Ebay or Paypal or that person. I would like to know who it is so I can stay away - email me privately at esteelover@yahoo.com ph34r.gif or ask Lisa if you can post the ID, then we can all know.

Hope it works out for you in the end. I've been mostly lucky on Ebay - I had a couple of problems when I first started but I'm very careful now. I guess you can never be really careful in that situation.

Well, sorry again. Try not to carry the anger too long - it's not worth it in the end. Take care, Katita

#52 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

Don't forget people can always change their ID. Why not just post where the seller is from?? It's more unusual to change your address!!

Then at least we can all be on the look out . . .. and also look out for some neg. feedback - I do hope you left it (although you may be waiting for the resolution!)

Paypal are good - if there is a dispute I think they block any activity on their account until it's over . . . . I THINK!! cool.gif

#53 Pamela

Pamela

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

Hi Fellow Solid Collectors,
During the last week of December, I won 2 auctions for Keepsakes from one seller and paid for them with one PayPal payment. When they arrived, I found that the Seller had misrepresented the condition of the 1st Keepsake and sent the wrong item for the 2nd one. When I asked him to refund the money, he said he had already spent it. Now, he is hounding me to return the incorrect item, at my expense. He also packed them in a thinly padded envelope and didn't apply the $3.20 that I sent him to cover insurance.
If you pay for an item with PayPal, eBay won't listen to you, and PayPal isn't interested because the seller doesn't have enough feedback to be covered by their guarantee. My only hope is that AMEX will do something with the dispute.
For those of you interested in the seller's ID, look at my eBay "wins" during the last week of December; there is only one seller from whom I won 2 auctions.
Please beware of this seller!!!!!!!!!!!
Pamela
Esteelady

#54 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE(Pamela @ Jan 31 2006, 03:30 AM)
Hi Fellow Solid Collectors,
During the last week of December, I won 2 auctions for Keepsakes from one seller and paid for them with one PayPal payment.  When they arrived, I found that the Seller had misrepresented the condition of the 1st Keepsake and sent the wrong item for the 2nd one.  When I asked him to refund the money, he said he had already spent it.  Now, he is hounding me to return the incorrect item, at my expense.  He also packed them in a thinly padded envelope and didn't apply the $3.20 that I sent him to cover insurance.
If you pay for an item with PayPal, eBay won't listen to you, and PayPal isn't interested because the seller doesn't have enough feedback to be covered by their guarantee.  My only hope is that AMEX will do something with the dispute.
For those of you interested in the seller's ID, look at my eBay "wins" during the last week of December;  there is only one seller from whom I won 2 auctions.
Please beware of this seller!!!!!!!!!!!
Pamela
Esteelady

View Post

Pamela
You forget , ebay doesn't go back that far anymore....Only goes back 2 weeks now. The only solid on your bought list currently is the petit four cake
I belong to terapeak for their search results and can go back 3 months, but not by seller, only by doing a search of a particular solid.....and you know ebay....it depends on how the title is listed on whether it comes up.

If you do a search for estee lauder solid perfume you get only 137 listings
But if you do a search for esttee lauder compact you get 437listings

Now if the seller made the title with estee lauder(then the name of the solid) and doesn't put in the words solid perfume, that aucion will not pull up in a general search of solid perfumes, it all depends on the title.

Kasi

#55 2cute4u2

2cute4u2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 09:08 PM

If you paid for the solid with a CC, file a dispute. If you have documentation that you sent back the item then your CC company can do a charge back. I've been successful a few times so be sure to contact your CC. Let the charge back be done and then see how Paypal gets involved. Used to be that Paypal was out the money on CCs. Now, I think there's a way to electronically deduct the money from seller's account back to yours, especially if it's on your CC.

Let me know what happens, OK?

#56 luscious11@aol.com

luscious11@aol.com

Pamela

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

GOOD EVENING TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE IN SOLIDPERFUMELAND!

I HAVEN'T BEEN ON THIS SITE LATELY SO I WAS TRYING TO CATCH UP ON SOME OF THE NEWS
AND READ ABOUT SOME OF YOU HAVING HORRIBLE EXPERIENCES WITH PEOPLE ON EBAY.....THIS SICKENS ME.....REALLY SICKENS ME TO THINK PEOPLE COULD BE SO DISHONEST.....NOT TO MENTION RUINING IT FOR THE HONEST PEOPLE OUT THERE TRYING TO SELL ITEMS THE FAIR AND DECENT WAY.

I HAVE BEEN LISTING ALOT OF MY SOLIDS AND POWDERS ON EBAY FOR THE PAST FEW MONTHS TO TRY AND GET RID OF LAST PART OF MY COLLECTION AND WHEN I HEAR ABOUT THIS KIND OF THING GOING ON OUT THERE, IT'S A WONDER ANYONE WANTS TO BUY THROUGH EBAY! AND THAT MAKES IT HARDER FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME TO SELL THEIR STUFF!!!
IT'S JUST NOT FAIR ......BUT I GUESS THERE'S ALWAYS GOING TO BE DISHONEST PEOPLE OUT THERE TRYING TO SCREW PEOPLE OUT OF A FEW BUCKS........SAD...BUT TRUE.

I SURE HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY THESE CREEPS....JUST TRY TO REMEMBER.......WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!

TAKE CARE ALL! HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!

PAMELA
luscious11@aol.com or pameeson@aol.com

P.S. MY USER ID ON EBAY IS: luscious52 (in case anyone wants to check out my ebay store!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users