55 replies to this topic

#31 cyndi

cyndi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:57 PM

Hello again,

I recently purchased a book that features the Estee Lauder Solid Perfume Collection from 1967 to 2001. Does anyone know if there is any publication that features the pieces put out after 2001?

Thanks!
Cyndi

#32 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:06 PM

Nope. Not in a book form like that one anyway. Wish there was !

#33 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:53 PM

Speaking of boxes - I saw a picture of a solid for sale that included the two boxes. The solid is sitting in front of the boxes. The boxes appear to be a round gold box and a square white outer box. Is that a twist on fitting a round peg into a square hole? blink.gif Really - is that how the round boxes were protected? If it is, how do they fit it in a square box?

Like I said - I'm still learning and am certain one of you out there will know the answer to this. Thanks.

#34 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

unsure.gif None of my gold round boxes have outer white boxes! Am
puzzled by this question. So experts out there, please answer this one!!!!

ph34r.gif

#35 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 12:43 AM

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Elementary, my dear Watsons.

The white box is larger than the gold round boxes. They fit easily into each other and amazingly enough do not move around as the fit is perfect. The white lid holds it together nice and snug.

I hope this solves the problem for you. cool.gif

#36 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE(Topbev @ Jan 24 2006, 11:53 PM)
Speaking of boxes - I saw a picture of a solid for sale that included the two boxes.  The solid is sitting in front of the boxes. The boxes appear to be a round gold box and a square white outer box.  Is that a twist on fitting a round peg into a square hole?  blink.gif Really - is that how the round boxes were protected?  If it is, how do they fit it in a square box?

Like I said - I'm still learning and am certain one of you out there will know the answer to this.  Thanks.

View Post

Yes the round boxes did come with a square box on the outside. The square box is just large enough to fit the found box inside. You were probably looking at one of my auctions(ebay seller ID Kasi) as I did photograph all my solids with the box they came in as background. If they didn't come to me in a box then there is not a box background, but a plain background.

You can see all the photo's of my collection that I am selling at http://www.pixclix.com/trey

I have currently sold only 75 out of the 336 that are shown at that site.

Kasi

#37 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:22 AM

All those featured, I do have the white boxes for! I will have to go
check my boxes wink.gif

BUT

I am happy to find an older solid with the gold box intact let alone
worry about the white box.....remember I am speaking specifically
about the round boxes, not the square.....

Kasi, I hoped you had managed to raise the money you needed.....
seems to be a hard slog selling on Ebay! Lisa's selling page would
help as many of us purchase from there. Easier than wading
through Ebay and also asking for specific prices.

Take care.....and am going to check my boxes Sandra!

blink.gif

#38 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:55 AM

Well, I have been checking and still more to check (but not right now)!

The Peach I have the gold box but not a white outer box
Same applies to Jewelled Hearts and one or two others.

All the later ones that came in square gold boxes either have or have not
the square outer white box........

So, if I find any of the round gold cylindrical boxes that has an
accompanying outer White square box, I will yell out!

Meanwhile ''Topbev'', my feelings are, if you have an original box, great!
If not, no worries. Enjoy the solids. Take care of the gold box. You won't be displaying the
boxes anyway, and what's one outer white box between friends!

end of story!

wink.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 25 January 2006 - 08:58 AM.

#39 kasi

kasi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(Jacqueline @ Jan 25 2006, 01:22 PM)

Kasi, I hoped you had managed to raise the money you needed.....
seems to be a hard slog selling on Ebay!    Lisa's selling page would
help as many of us purchase from there.    Easier than wading
through Ebay and also asking for specific prices.   

Take care.....and am going to check my boxes Sandra!

blink.gif

View Post

But Jackie, uploading 337 solids to Lisa for sale place was not really an option, it would have overloaded the website, so I did the next best thing, posted all the pics on the website
http://www.pixclix.com/trey

and emailed an excel spread sheet of what I had paid for them and was willing to accept as an offer for the ones that you wanted. I underestimated the "worth" on some that have already sold, I found out after doing a 2 month study at ebay, and I have broken even on a lot of them I have sold, and have made a profit on one or two of them....but for the most part I have not made a killing on any solid that I have sold, in most cases I have lost money over original cost. I still have 137 estees to go to sell and then all the non estees.

#40 Topbev

Topbev

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE(kasi @ Jan 25 2006, 09:39 AM)
But Jackie, uploading 337 solids to Lisa for sale place was not really an option, it would have overloaded the website, so I did the next best thing, posted all the pics on the website
http://www.pixclix.com/trey

and emailed an excel spread sheet of what I had paid for them and was willing to accept as an offer for the ones that you wanted.  I underestimated the "worth" on some that have already sold, I found out after doing a 2 month study at ebay, and I have broken even on a lot of them I have sold, and have made a profit on one or two of them....but for the most part I have not made a killing on any solid that I have sold, in most cases I have lost money over original cost.  I still have 137 estees to go to sell and then all the non estees.

View Post

Kasi,
Would you please email a copy of your spread sheet to me. Topbev@hotmail.com
I've looked at your web site and it is amazing. Thank you for your time.

#41 Nansu

Nansu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

I would also like a the spread sheet. I have so many that I want that it's hard to narrow my choices down smile.gif

Please send it to: nmarkley@charter.net.

Thanks so much. You have a truely amazing collection.

Nancy

#42 cyndi

cyndi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 10:07 PM

Kasi,

I did send you an email requesting a list as well. I hope we have not bombared you with these requests. I have quite a list of pieces that I am interested in and it might be easier to see your updated list before I burden you with my wish list.

BTW, be careful when you purchase on ebay because there are some sellers that say MIB and show pictures of both the white and gold box, but in the listing, they only mention the gold box being included. It seems that what is in the photos is not always what you get.

Also, wanted to know some personal feedback on the latest Strongwater pieces...ie Regal Kitty, Pampered Pup, etc. I am debating between those and new Leiber pieces as well as the Asian series? Tough choices! What is a girl to do?

Cyndi

#43 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:05 AM

Keep checking Lisa's FOR SALE PAGE at the top
of this site and ask if anyone has the Solid Perfume or Compact
which you are looking for.....

smile.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 26 January 2006 - 11:09 AM.

#44 solidcollector

solidcollector

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:12 PM

Hi All,
Speaking of this topic, I wanted to share an ebay experience with my collector friends. I won a bid on a mint in box sparkling snowman around Christmas. When I received it, the closure didn't seem right and the solid didn't even look like the one in the pic, so I contacted the seller and told her I was concerned about the closure of the solid. She emailed me back and said that there was nothing wrong with the closure, but if I wanted to return it, she would gladly refund my money, plus even the shipping that it was going to cost me to ship it back to her. I should have known that was unusual, but returned it anyway. When she received it, she emailed me back with a very nasty letter accusing me of switching out the solid with another one. She sent me pics of two different solids showing the one she supposedly sent and then the one I sent back to her. She said she had a special mark on it and this one I sent back didn't have this mark. I was totally blown away! I couldn't believe it! There was no way I could have switched them out because I didn't have the snowman to begin with!! She said she had contacted ebay and paypal, but I didn't receive anything from them. So I decided to contact paypal and see what they thought I should do since it was her word against mine and I didn't take pics like she did. They told me to file a complaint with paypal. So I am in the process of trying to either get my money back or having her return the "not mint" solid back to me! I have had very few bad experiences with Ebay, but this one tops them all! I can't believe someone would be that crooked and dishonest. I was very hurt and really stressed over this ordeal, but guess I should have know something was fishy when she offered to refund all shipping costs to and even the return! So please ladies, please be careful if you want to return a solid!
Thanks for listening!

#45 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,902 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:20 PM

Yes, I can believe this as I have heard of many other stories too! I
have experienced a few choice ones but fortunately nothing like
you mentioned.

Don't forget to put her in your ''blocked bidders'' list and privately,
you could tell some of your friends so they can do likewise.

I will email my private address to you as I would like to keep an eye
on this person's auctions and would prefer not to bid!

Other Collectors will no doubt have more constructive answers,
but this is my input, for what it's worth!

Thanks for sharing.........

sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users