• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:41 PM

Oh Margaret - while we are on the subject why do people stand in the aisles the second the aircraft touches down - even though we are not supposed to wink.gif

Again - do they think they are going to get down the steps and run like the wind across the tarmac to baggage reclaim - where their undies are scattered for all to peruse laugh.gif unsure.gif ohmy.gif

#17 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

CAROLINE......

I HAVE NEVER YET BEEN ON A FLIGHT WHERE WHAT YOU SAID HAS HAS NOT HAPPENED.....THEN THEY HAVE TO STAND AROUND THE BAGGAGE CAROUSEL WAITING FOR THE LUGGAGE TO COME THROUGH..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Margaret laugh.gif biggrin.gif

#18 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:02 PM

Well if that's not Bright, then what is? smile.gif

I can understand one wanting to get off that plane as fast as possible. After nine hours of flying with a beligerent person in front of you whose seat has lost
its 'sprung' and is practically in your lap.....who wouldn't want to leave
asap! wink.gif

I think the next topic will be, what do you like most...... unsure.gif

As for mobile phones, how about travelling on Eurostar and just falling
into a nice relaxed sleep!!!!!!!! Especially after the short journey
through the tunnel!

rolleyes.gif

#19 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:54 PM

OK - I don't like it when the person at the checkout breaks my biscuits and squashes my fruit by poor packing and handling. sad.gif

#20 favoritegram

favoritegram

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

I hate going into a nice place for Dinner and having the person at the next table talking loudly on their cell phone. Lainey

#21 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 03:48 AM

Hey Sandra, thank your lucky stars that someone helps pack your shopping, in the UK you have to be a world-class wicketkeeper to catch everything as the checkout person whizzes them all through ohmy.gif blink.gif laugh.gif

#22 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:59 AM

HI SANDRA..... smile.gif

MY HUSBAND AND I DO THE SUPERMARKET RUN TOGETHER. HE PUSHES THE CART, I PUT THE SHOPPING INTO IT, HE UNLOADS IT ONTO THE CHECKOUT BELT AND PACKS IT WHEN IT HAS COME THROUGH. HE THEN LOADS IT INTO THE CAR AND UNLOADS IT WHEN WE GET HOME. I ONLY PUT IT AWAY ( MUST TEACH HIM TO DO THAT )

PERHAPS I CAN HIRE HIM OUT FOR A SMALL CHARGE..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

My Regards to you....... Margaret

#23 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:29 AM

Wow! Margaret! You have a real prince. What a great husband to do all that. You're truly blessed.

Lainey, I know what you mean about ignorant idiots on cell phone. If that happens again. Just slap it out of their hand. ohmy.gif That will put an end to it. blink.gif
Maybe that sounds a little harsh sad.gif rolleyes.gif
OOOpppppppssssssssss! The mean KK got loose unsure.gif

#24 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:42 AM

YES KK, MY HUSBAND IS A STAR AND I LOOK AFTER HIM WELL wub.gif wub.gif

YOU LET THE MEAN COME OUT NOW AND AGAIN, ITS GOOD SOMETIMES NOT TO LET PEOPLE GET AWAY WITH THINGS THAT ARE ANTISOCIAL AND ANNOYING.

My regards to you.........Margaret

#25 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:40 AM

I have to agree with Mobile Phones - they have to be one of the most anti-social gadgets ever invented mad.gif

I have to add this one too.

Last night we were watching a DVD and had to keep turning the volume down and up - why can't the volume be standard so we don't get our ears blown off by INCREDIBLY LOUD MUSIC when "something happens" blink.gif ohmy.gif wink.gif

#26 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

THAT ALWAYS HAPPENS WITH COMMERCIALS ON T.V. AS YOU
WILL PROBABLY REMEMBER CAROLINE!

SINCE THIS TOPIC BEGAN, THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS THAT COME TO
MIND...

ANOTHER ONE IS THE PERSON GOING THROUGH SWING DOORS IN FRONT OF
YOU NOT LOOKING TO SEE IF ANYONE IS BEHIND BEFORE LETTING IT SWING
BACK!

I think the one which I have to rate the first so far, is the Snobby Sales
Assistants! smile.gif

#27 Carolyn

Carolyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 04:23 AM

QUOTE(Sandra @ Jan 9 2006, 06:20 AM)

Having to constantly clean my pool because my neighbour's huge tree is over it and continually drops bark, nuts, leaves etc etc in it.

View Post

Oh Sandra I am so with you on that one having spent the last two days cleaning our pool and patio because of our neighbours gum tree! Before Christmas it is bark, after Christmas it is leaves and nuts! Driving me batty!

#28 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:10 AM

wink.gif Yep!! Every season brings it's joy with that blasted giant tree which just keeps getting bigger and bigger each year!! Have you lost your sunlight from it yet??

And added problem is that they have ANOTHER tree that's just grown wild this year and it attracts bees galore, drops yellow fuzzy things in spring, lots of curly little hard leaves in winter and larger leaves all year around.

It's a constant battle of clean-up in my backyard. When it storms or blows the whole pool looks trashed ...... boo hoo!!! sad.gif

#29 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE(SINNETT @ Jan 11 2006, 08:48 AM)

Hey Sandra, thank your lucky stars that someone helps pack your shopping, in the UK you have to be a world-class wicketkeeper to catch everything as the checkout person whizzes them all through† ohmy.gifblink.giflaugh.gif

View Post

laugh.gif laugh.gif Very funny, Sinnett . . . And also your post, Margaret, with your team work with your husband. I silently fume at the counter, but one day I will speak up and say "please don't break my biscuits" . . . . actually it's been a good deterent of NOT buying any and trying to eat healthily. . . . biggrin.gif

Edited by Sandra, 16 January 2006 - 12:14 AM.

#30 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:18 AM

HI SANDRA..... smile.gif

DO YOU HAVE THE SAME LAW CONCERNING TREES OVERTHERE AS WE HAVE HERE IN ENGLAND?

IF A NEIGHBOURS TREE OVERHANGS YOUR GARDEN THEN YOU ARE ENTITLED TO CUT THE OVERHANGING BRANCHES BACK TO THE BOUNDARY LINE BETWEEN YOU, BUT YOU HAVE TO OFFER THE BRANCHES BACK THAT YOU HAVE CUT OFF BECAUSE THEY BELONG TO YOUR NEIGHBOUR.

SO IF YOU HAVE THE SAME LAW GET OUT THE SECATEURS AND LADDERS AND GO FOR IT.......... ohmy.gif

REGARDS......Margaret....... laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users