46 replies to this topic

#1 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

biggrin.gif [FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7]
Well Happy New Year to everyone, time to have a laugh with each other.

These are some of the things I ABSOLUTELY HATE mad.gif , but I have no option other than to keep doing them.

ANY kind of housework - when the house is finished I'm looking for a cleaner/ironer. rolleyes.gif

FLOSSING MY TEETH - but I have gaps - c'est la vie tongue.gif

Spending HOURS on fruitless searches on the Internet - why is it that the key words I use might as well be in Chinese blink.gif

ANY electrical appliance with a standby mode - I worry about fire so I still have to pull the plugs out sad.gif

WEEDING THE GARDEN - has anyone an explanation why the weeds grow faster and stronger than flowers huh.gif

Of course I could go on and on, and on, and on - but I'd like to know what drives you crazy. wink.gif tongue.gif

Looking forward to those replies
Caroline
smile.gif

Edited by SINNETT, 07 January 2006 - 12:58 PM.

#2 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:51 PM

O.K here goes. Just one or two for the moment!

Packaging up parcels for posting.

Going to the Post Office to find out the cost of the parcel, and
then having to bring it home again!

Spending ages waiting in the queue at the Post Office!

Spending agest waiting in any queue i.e. banks etc. Ugh!

Having my legs and coat splashed by cars driving too fast
through puddles which are near the kerb!

The phone ringing and waking me up in the morning, and normally
when I have forgotten to turn it off before going to bed!

The phone ringing during my favourite soap, or programme!

That's enough to get on with.....and yes, washing up the dishes!

rolleyes.gif

#3 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

HI CAROLINE...... smile.gif

WHAT A GOOD TOPIC laugh.gif I WILL DO MY LIST AND LET YOU ALL KNOW.

REGARDS.......Margaret

Got two sheets of paper filled already, OH dear..... ohmy.gif

Jacky.......can we take it that you don't like going to the Post Office...... biggrin.gif

Edited by VEGAS LADY, 07 January 2006 - 07:00 PM.

#4 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:12 PM

tongue.gif How did you guess! rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to reading your LIST. Well, where is everybody!

ph34r.gif

#5 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:22 AM

Well, I'm almost a sleep wacko.gif oh yes,
I'm sick of shaving my legs sad.gif and don't even bring up waxing ohmy.gif
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

#6 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

Definitely a good start!!!

How about this for a suggestion, KK can shave her legs while waiting in line at the Post Office for Jacky laugh.gif blink.gif

I have to go for waxing though - I always get an attack of the shakes when I pick up a razor ohmy.gif - not a pretty sight!!!!

Caroline

#7 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

Caroline - you are asking what "cheeses me off"? mad.gif

OK - I despise paying taxes on taxes mad.gif

I don't like paying fees (particularly bank fees) and tax for made-up reasons just for revenue raising etc. mad.gif

I don't like listening to people whinging about nothing, or people who have nothing better to do than finding something to complain about . . . . or people who seem to enjoy complaining to everyone but not willing to do anything about it. sad.gif

I don't like double standards. mad.gif

I don't like people who seem to enjoy taking or spending other people's hard earned money. mad.gif

I get disappointed with people who don't keep their word. sad.gif

I particularly don't like certain professions who have rules for themselves and rules for others . . . . eg. politicians mad.gif

I think I'm taking this too seriously . . . . . ah . . . what I don't like doing . . . .

OK - being next in line for service after already waiting for some time and the person/s in front engage in a conversation about nothing in particular with the person serving. (ie. people having no concept or care about other people's needs)

Ummm . . . . . being behind somebody who are just taking their own sweet time when I am in a hurry. dry.gif

Having to constantly clean my pool because my neighbour's huge tree is over it and continually drops bark, nuts, leaves etc etc in it.

Don't think there's anything else that really bothers me about doing anything . . . I am fit and healthy and able. Can't complain about that! smile.gif

#8 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

tongue.gif Sandra, don't stand behind me when I am waiting
in line .... wink.gif You will see

RED if you
do! ohmy.gif

smile.gif

#9 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:23 AM

OK here goes....

These are things that I personally don't like doing.....

THE IRONING, What a waste of time and I always put tram lines in trousers.... sad.gif

EMPTYING THE DISHWASHER, Yes I do know that I am lucky to have one, But....

DEFROSTING THE FREEZER, Just how do all those peas and beans get in the bottom..... dry.gif

CUTTING MY TOE NAILS, The older I get the harder the nails get, also I can't see my feet with or without my glasses.... ohmy.gif

Housework I don't mind, I just look on it as a good form of exercise, and I like weeding the garden.

These are things that I just don't like.......

PEOPLE WHO TALK DOWN TO ME, I may be getting older but I'm not brain dead yet. mad.gif

PEOPLE WHO PUSH IN, IN QUES.....Usually with the phrase, "I only want one thing, do you mind".....WELL YES I DO, my time is just as valuable as yours and I have been known to say so..... ohmy.gif

CRUELTY OF ANY SORT......Either to animals, children or grownups.

THE FACT THAT WE ARE PLUNDERING OUR PLANET......Don't cut down that tree unless it's a big nuisance, unsafe or causing damage, its some animals home!!!!!!!

SNOBBY RETAIL ASSISTANTS...... I want to say, "wake up this is 2006 things arnt like that anymore"...... dry.gif

MOBILE PHONES....... A good invention, but no I don't want to listen to what your Uncle Fred or Aunt Betty had for dinner when I am out shopping or at the Antique Shows, AND WHY DO PEOPLE SHOUT INTO THEM...... blink.gif

Well I feel so much better now I have got all that off my chest.

My regards to you all........Margaret..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#10 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

Just a quickie as I could not resist one of yours Margaret.

SNOBBY RETAIL ASSISTANTS! Absolutely right! I feel like saying to them,
you are employed here on salary to sell. I am not employed here and have the money
to buy! (something like that anyway)! THANKS FOR MENTIONING THAT
ONE!

And..........just one more, Hairdressers or anyone for that matter in the service
industry who do not move from your side whilst you pay your bill waiting for
their tip!!!!!! That HAS to be another of my pet hates! One of our famous
stores is really bad with this....as well as others...... blink.gif
wink.gif smile.gif

Edited by Jacqueline, 09 January 2006 - 12:19 PM.

#11 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:11 PM

I have enjoyed reading all your pet peeves today, especially Margaret's.
She made me laugh after having my back go out on Sunday. It was good medicine!
Now...If you'll indulge me for my pet peeves. tongue.gif

Being in the service industry of serving others.......
First, I love it when a customer will ask you how much for a new a/c unit or furnace, then go somewhere else and buy, then when it does work, call you. mad.gif

Topping that is when you advertise free estimates for new construction and they call wanting free advice on what is wrong with the unit; then they find a friend or relate to fix it for free or a case of beer! Then they call back and haven't got it to run and still need a service call. rolleyes.gif

The only pet peeve not related to business is ..................
When someone stares at you out in public at a restaurant or someplace and
doesn't have the decency to ask if they know you! Didn't their mother tell them
it is not polite to stare. ohmy.gif

#12 Elly

Elly

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

I couldn't resist this one, and it is one of Margarets pet hates too.

THE MOBILE PHONE. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

My daughter and I were having lunch in a quiet restaurant, when four business

men came to sit at the next table. No sooner had they sat down, one of their

mobiles went off, and the chap turned away from the table where his colleagues

were sitting, but spoke directly to us which I thought was rude. To cut the long

story short, in turn each man received phone calls on their mobiles over lunch

some maybe two or three times.

My daughter knows how tetchy I get over this and she was saying calm down

mum, we will move to another table.

I do realise that since the invention of the mobile phone, it has made keeping in

touch with business, to some a necessity, but please guys go and have a sandwich

in the park, office, anywhere but do not sit next to me, I may not be as tolerant

next time.

Elly biggrin.gif

#13 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

Now, that I'm fully awake tongue.gif I had to think long and hard. unsure.gif
Here is mine........the ones who are to ignorant to say "you're welcome" when I say "thank you". They say "no problem" ph34r.gif mad.gif mad.gif
To those low class idiots I say, "learn some basic etiquette sad.gif and stay away from me." mad.gif
There it is. Aren't you glad that's my only gripe laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#14 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:28 AM

I've had another couple of thoughts and a two more things which really get me irritated are:

The BRIGHT family - the ones you are behind when checking in at the airport. After fifteen minutes waiting in line they put their luggage on the scales and the assistant asks them for their tickets and passports. ohmy.gif You then have to endure the family each saying they don't have them - they thought so and so did. blink.gif They rifle their pockets and hand luggage - still nothing. ph34r.gif Oh no did we pack them in the luggage? mad.gif
By now I am extremely tense blink.gif
Thankfully somebody remembers that they were all given to .......... who remembers he put them down his vest for safe keeping huh.gif blink.gif rolleyes.gif

Of course you can guarantee that the same family is right next to you on the plane. sad.gif Everyone is getting settled, the hand luggage is in the overhead lockers when little Freddie remembers his game boy is in his bag - in the overhead locker. huh.gif
And then mum says while you are up there will you find her ear plugs, oh and of course the book she has just bought to read on the plane. blink.gif

Sometimes I think I have a very low tolerance level biggrin.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif

#15 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:35 AM

HELLO CAROLINE...... smile.gif

I JUST HAD TO LAUGH ABOUT "THE BRIGHT FAMILY" AHEAD OF YOU AT THE CHECK IN DESK.

MY SURNAME IS "BRIGHT" AND I OFTEN WONDER WHY OTHER PEOPLE TAKE WHAT THEY DO ONTO AIRCRAFT. I AM THE SORT OF PERSON WHO CARRIES ONE SMALL HANDBAG AND ALWAYS HAS TICKETS AND PASSPORTS TO HAND, SO IF YOU EVER GET BEHIND THIS "BRIGHT" YOU WOULD BE VERY HAPPY, MIND YOU WE WOULD PROBABLY HOLD THE QUE UP HAVING A GOOD OLD NATTER..... laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

MY HUSBAND AND I WENT TO SPAIN LAST YEAR, AS YOU KNOW IT IS ONLY ABOUT A TWO HOUR PLANE RIDE FROM ENGLAND. WE HAD OUR BREAKFAST AT THE AIRPORT BEFORE WE GOT ON THE PLANE AND AS WE WERE EATING I NOTICED A FAMILY A FEW TABLES DOWN FROM US WITH WHAT LOOKES LIKE A LOT OF HAND LUGGAGE.......GUESS WHO GOT THEM BEHIND US ON THE AIRCRAFT. WE HAD ONLY BEEN FLYING FOR ABOUT HALF AN HOUR WHEN I FOUND OUT WHAT WAS IN ALL THE HAND LUGGAGE........ THE CONTENTS OF A FAMILY FRIDGE WHICH THEY THEN PROCEEDED TO EAT..... ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

ONE THING THAT ALWAYS BUGS ME AT AIRPORTS IS.....WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS CROWD ROUND THE BOARDING GATE, DO THEY THINK THAT GETTING ON THE AIRCRAFT FIRST WILL GET THEM TO THEIR DESTINATION QUICKER. dry.gif

Margaret...... smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users