• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 empaull

empaull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:20 AM

Hi I am only just starting to collect solids and would like to no if there are any up to date books as the only collectors book I can find only covers to 2001 or will there be a new one comming out soon? Any information much appreciated.

#2 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 12:15 PM

Welcome to the SolidPerfume website! smile.gif smile.gif Roselyn Gerson's book is the most current book on Estee Lauder solids. Her book covers the solids that came out from 1967 through 2001. I own it and would recommend it to any new collector. Unfortunatelly she has not issued a followup to cover the years 2002 through 2005.

But you have come to the right website. If you look at the top of this screen you will see yellow tabs. There is one marked Solids Database. This has all or almost all the solids that came out from 1967 through 2004. Lisa and Jack are also loading pictures for the year 2005. So some of the solids for 2005 are shown.
You can sort by year, name of the solid and keyword.

I hope this helps you out. Have a nice holiday.

#3 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 02:45 PM

Happy Holidays and Welcome!!

This site is a wealth of information for the EL solid perfume collector - best wishes to you and GOOD LUCK!

Katita

#4 Sandra

Sandra

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 04:21 PM

smile.gif Hi and my welcome too! It's always nice to see a new person here who is just starting to collect and find delight in the solids - it brings back all the nice memories of when I discovered new and old ones.

I hope you have a great time collecting and that you will share your exuberance in getting a new solid with us. Most of us are fanatical about them, and understand that we all have different tastes about which ones appeal to us and which ones don't.

I would just like to say - collect what YOU like - that way you will enjoy it more!

#5 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:25 AM

Welcome empaull
What the other members have said is very true.
You will find alot of information on this site and
it will take some time to digest it all, but it is worth it.
biggrin.gif

#6 empaull

empaull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE(empaull @ Dec 21 2005, 10:20 AM)
Hi I am only just starting to collect solids and would like to no if there are any up to date books as the only collectors book I can find only covers to 2001 or will there be a new one comming out soon?  Any information much appreciated.

View Post

#7 empaull

empaull

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:53 AM

Thanks all for replys I shall purchase the book very soon. I particulary like the rhinestone ones but theres just so many to choose from and I already have a long list. Emma

#8 Nicki169

Nicki169

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 04:13 PM

Emma,
I have been collecting Estee Lauder solids and powder compacts for 2 1/2 years. And I still have a long list of solids and powders that I want to add to my collection!

In 2007 it will be 40 years EL has been producing solid perfumes!! That sure is a long time and a lot of solids. It will probably be years before I have all the solids that I want.

#9 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

Hi Emma, I too have been collecting about 3 years now and there's so many I still want.

Between Roselyn Gerson's book and this site with it's solids database (a great tool-thanks Lisa) and also all the people here who are (of course) fantastic biggrin.gif I think you'll have all the info you'll need to build the collection you want without having to go to the poor house tongue.gif

Good luck & happy hunting!

Katita

#10 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:53 PM

I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW, BOTH SOLIDS AND POWDERS AND I AM NOWHERE NEAR GETTING WHAT I WOULD LIKE, STILL, I THINK HALF THE FUN IS IN THE WANTING AND THE ANTICIPATION..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

MY REGARDS TO YOU ALL...Margaret.... smile.gif

From a cold snowed up Derby ( England ) sad.gif

#11 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 09:24 AM

I HAVE BEEN COLLECTING FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW, BOTH SOLIDS AND POWDERS AND I AM NOWHERE NEAR GETTING WHAT I WOULD LIKE, STILL, I THINK HALF THE FUN IS IN THE WANTING AND THE ANTICIPATION..... laugh.gif laugh.gif

MY REGARDS TO YOU ALL...Margaret.... smile.gif

From a cold snowed up Derby ( England ) sad.gif [/size][/color]

View Post

[/quote]

Hi Margaret
I am glad to hear you got snow instead of us.
Of course here in Ohio, the weather changes on an hourly basis. wink.gif
Emma, I also have been only collecting Estee Lauder solids for a short time of 2 years and still have missed several I wish I could add to my collection.
As Margaret has stated," I think half the fun is in the wanting and the anticipation."
SO RIGHT ON MARGARET!
biggrin.gif

Edited by Queenie, 30 December 2005 - 09:25 AM.

#12 KK

KK

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 11:31 PM

Welcome Emma!
Happy New Year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users