39 replies to this topic

#16 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:16 PM

Hi Martha C,
I am also glad to welcome you back to posting on the site.
Love your new avatar; see you new photography class is helpful, not that you needed help.
Anyway, keep posting and letting us know what's up with you. biggrin.gif
Love Ya!

Queenie

#17 cka

cka

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:30 PM

One of my all-time favorites is Sound of
Music. It's hard to believe Julie Andrews is now in her 70's.

Carolyn

#18 Lori B

Lori B

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:22 PM

One of my favorites is When Harry Met Sally... I love that movie!

#19 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:28 AM

Hi Caroline

My all time favorite is 'Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid', (Paul Newman and Robert Redford)including that unforgettable song 'Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head'. A close second is 'Some Like it Hot' (Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis)

There are too many films today with graphic scenes of violence, a good film director should be able to make a film without including such scenes. The suspense king, Alfred Hitchcock could make a film making you use your imagination, does anyone remember The Rope or Rear Window? Would those films be too 'tame' today? Have we become de-sensitized by all this violence?

Still thinking about a third favorite!

Lots of Love

MitziMay laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#20 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 07:10 AM

I'M WITH YOU MITZIMAY, I PREFER TO IMAGINE THINGS RATHER THAN THEM BE SOMEBODY ELSES IMAGES. ohmy.gif

I ALSO FEEL THAT THE COMPUTER ENHANCED IMAGES MAKE FILMS LOOK REALLY SILLY - TOO MUCH LIKE THE COMPUTER GAMES. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN PRODUCE THESE IMAGES DOESN'T MEAN THEY LOOK GOOD OR ENHANCE THE FILM.

I'M PROBABLY GOING TO UPSET LOTS OF PEOPLE NOW, BUT THE SPECIAL EFFECTS FOR THE LORD OF THE RINGS WERE A BIG TURN OFF FOR ME, I DIDN'T NEED TO SEE THOUSANDS OF COMPUTER GENERATED CREATURES TO KNOW THAT TROUBLE WAS ON ITS WAY. ph34r.gif

#21 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 03:46 PM

OH Sinnett! I agree with you - I think we're the only 2 who thought that way about LOTR. I saw Harry Potter at the IMAX the other day and what fun it was. The film is long but it's so fast paced it never bored me.

I also like Some Like It Hot and I love Hitchcock films. Oh, and has anyone ever seen Holes? It's a really sweet story and the movie is well done.

There are so many to choose from.. biggrin.gif blink.gif what to watch first...mmmm

#22 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

Can't wait to see The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe (Chronicles of Narnia)

Margaret.

#23 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:09 PM

Me too - I read those books when I was young. My sister-in-law and I are planning to go this weekend. I hope it's good!
rolleyes.gif

#24 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:48 AM

HI KATITA..... smile.gif LET US ALL KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF THE FILM.... dry.gif

Margaret

#25 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 11 December 2005 - 11:26 PM

Hi Margaret - GO SEE NARNIA!
I saw it today with my sister at the IMAX theatre and it's great. They did change some of the book but not enough to hurt the story and the visuals are fantastic!
This film was fun to watch. biggrin.gif Enjoy everybody.

#26 MitziMay

MitziMay

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE(katita @ Dec 9 2005, 08:46 PM)
OH Sinnett!  I agree with you - I think we're the only 2 who thought that way about LOTR.  I saw Harry Potter at the IMAX the other day and what fun it was.  The film is long but it's so fast paced it never bored me.

I also like Some Like It Hot and I love Hitchcock films.  Oh, and has anyone ever seen Holes?  It's a really sweet story and the movie is well done. 

There are so many to choose from.. biggrin.gif  blink.gif  what to watch first...mmmm

View Post

I agree with you Katita about Holes, it has a very unusual storyline and an out of character part for Sigourney Weaver. Refreshingly different!

MitziMay smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

#27 VEGAS LADY

VEGAS LADY

1000 Post Member

• Members
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 03:55 AM

THANKS KATITA.... smile.gif

AS SOON AS THE CHRISTMAS RUSH IS OVER I SHALL GO AND SEE IT, GLAD THEY DID NOT CHANGE THE STORY A LOT.

MY REGARDS TO YOU......Margaret..... laugh.gif

#28 Petals

Petals

2000 Post Member

• Members
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:14 PM

This has been an interesting topic to read. Have to put the thinking cap on (again). Meanwhile, if I may add that I love AIRPLANE. Have seen it so
many times. There are some other films which I found absolutely hilarious
and once I find out the titles, will add on..... Yes, I love the Hitchcock films too!
The last one I saw was VERTIGO....

smile.gif

#29 SINNETT

SINNETT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 03:51 AM

HI KATITA, NARNIA SOUNDS LIKE A MUST SEE. smile.gif

HAVE THEY DONE THE WHOLE STORY OR ARE WE EXPECTING A SERIES LIKE LORD OF THE RINGS?

AT THIS TIME OF YEAR I ALWAYS LOVE SETTLING DOWN TO THE OLD MUSICALS - OAKLAHOMA, SOUTH PCAIFIC, CALAMITY JANE AND OF COURSE SINGING IN THE RAIN. THEY ARE A BIT LIKE MASHED POTATO, COMFORTABLE AND WARM laugh.gif tongue.gif

#30 katita

katita

Katita

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:49 AM

I agree with you on musicals - I love them. Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma, Singin' in the Rain, and don't forget those great Fred Astaire films, Royal Wedding (one of my favs), The Gay Divorcee, among others OH - and don't forget Holiday Inn with Rosemary Clooney. laugh.gif laugh.gif

There really are too many films to mention...but we keep tryin' laugh.gif laugh.gif

I hope they will do a series of Narnia films but I don't know if they will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users